Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Hmm, why tho?
    Flavor... the game needs flavor. There's too much homogenization.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    "Flavour" isn't a justification for archaic game design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladins and shamans should have stayed faction-specific.
    Sure. and warrior class for nelf should be only avaiable for the females and druids only for the male.

Cuz of lore and flavour, right? Like the alpha or beta of wow....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Honestly it's only fair that you need to do the full Nightborne storyline to unlock them, considering the barrier on the Alliance races is still harder, with the rep it requires. Blizz has even stated before that they'll be removing the rep barrier from the Nightborne story, so you won't have to get to Exalted first, before continuing the story. (If that decision actually got put in, I do not know).
    Just would be hard for a fresh player to do it...
    Sure Suramar has everything there, but will take them a good chunk of time to unlock the requirements for the Allied Race Nightborne...

Also kinda glad they are making their home again in Suramar, and hopefully they could even have other things going on too...
    Last edited by rcshaggy; 2018-01-07 at 06:02 AM.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not harsh, it makes complete sense. We're still in Legion, it'd be dumb to not require you to complete the Nightborne questline.

I do think Blizzard needs to re-consider Allied Race requirements post Legion, though. I think it'd be nice to not have to unlock them once the expansion is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    How is it petty? I'd want to play a druid, but being stuck with night elves sucks to have a nice looking race outside the forms sucks.
    Man, It's going to suck when you get your third Druid Ally race and it turns out to be comparably ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    It's not harsh, it makes complete sense. We're still in Legion, it'd be dumb to not require you to complete the Nightborne questline.

I do think Blizzard needs to re-consider Allied Race requirements post Legion, though. I think it'd be nice to not have to unlock them once the expansion is released.
    I don't think they'll remove the unlock feature but they may introduce some form of catch up mechanic. Look at WoD flying... you still need to go do all of that stuff and we're almost done with Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I don't think they'll remove the unlock feature but they may introduce some form of catch up mechanic. Look at WoD flying... you still need to go do all of that stuff and we're almost done with Legion.
    We're talking about playable races though, not flying in an old continent. I would hope Blizzard has plans to make it easier if they choose to continue to make them unlockable, but I get what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Using Allied Races to advertise BfA, and then requiring you to grind Legion stuff AFTER the expansion was released, especially Argus stuff, would be a huge blunder.

Like, some people are holding off until Legion is free before buying BfA, and imagine that.

They removed that particulary flavour because they realised they couldn't make it work without making both classes basically be copies of one another. I.e. homogenise them.

Didn't they state in Blizzcon that they look at Allied Race classes from the perspective of lore first and faction imbalance after? If so, and from what we've seen of the listed classes for the first set of allied races, I hope they keep it that way.

But it also makes me hope they'll go back at their word of not looking at our current races to open them some classes too, still would like to see Paladins given to Night elves as one of the examples.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvira View Post
    Didn't they state in Blizzcon that they look at Allied Race classes from the perspective of lore first and faction imbalance after? If so, and from what we've seen of the listed classes for the first set of allied races, I hope they keep it that way.

But it also makes me hope they'll go back at their word of not looking at our current races to open them some classes too, still would like to see Paladins given to Night elves as one of the examples.
    I am still really surprised that Night Elf Paladins are not happening in BfA considering all the stuff in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvira View Post

Pretty sure their motto has always been "gameplay first" (for a given value of 'gameplay').
    That's why everything in this game is sacrificed on the altar of raiding, because of 'balance.'
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Sure. and warrior class for nelf should be only avaiable for the females and druids only for the male.

i would do shit like that for lore purposes.

warhammer online was the last game i played with restrictions like that. god i miss that game.

I agree with you. But locking out a whole class from an entire faction doesn't seem like the right way to go about it. Plenty of other ways we can bring the flavor back!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post

I'm okay with that, actually.

I'm okay with that, actually.
    i don't think i'd gender restrict, but i would do something similar to what swtor has.

maybe keep horde pally and alliance shaman, but have each class changed aesthetically and somewhat functionally to represent the races being them.

a night elf priest using silvery light, tauren priest and paladin using a more fiery version of the light. blades in paladin stuff, maybe with a slightly more orange tone, for blood elves. shit like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    New week ahead, new hopes !

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't think i'd gender restrict, but i would do something similar to what swtor has.

maybe keep horde pally and alliance shaman, but have each class changed aesthetically and somewhat functionally to represent the races being them.

a night elf priest using silvery light, tauren priest and paladin using a more fiery version of the light. blades in paladin stuff, maybe with a slightly more orange tone, for blood elves. shit like that.
    What if all my friends are horde and I want to play a Paladin?

What if all my friends are horde and I want to play a Paladin?
    then you play a blood elf.

tauren are sunwalkers, not paladins. shoehorning them into the order hall was cringeworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    then you play a blood elf.

tauren are sunwalkers, not paladins. shoehorning them into the order hall was cringeworthy.
    Oh I misread what you said. Sorry. Yeah what you said is actually a good idea.