Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stigz View Post
    Yeah, it’s pretty garbage. Looks like a GW2 art style pic but worse.

And to think people still pay money for this game...
    We're paying for the quality kahnten, of course! :<

Oh, don't be such a stig in the mud.

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    Oh, don't be such a stig in the mud.
    As my duty bestowed upon me by me I must be as consistently realisticly yet subjectively pessimistic as humanly possible amongst all digital realms, always.

Yes, it looks shit, like something you would post on your patreon when showing off concept art of your very first game.

Still, nothing beats the current EK and Kalimdor loading screens - the mishmash of all the different art styles really makes me question blizzard's quality control.

The screen just looks like a generic phone game. The style itself is fine, but it has been used everywhere. Someone was lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstorm View Post
    why would that... thing... even point its sword towards the azurite?
    Because he doesn't want to put away his sword to point?

That worgen looks goddamn hilarious.

Everyone's a critic, even the pig in the pen.

I don't care much about loading screen art either way, but I see nothing wrong with this one. The dwarf obviously points its sword forward during a charge btw.

Everyone can't be simpletons that judge an entire game based on the 1 loading screen, or art work overall...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-01-07 at 02:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much the same as the rest of BFA's art.

They seem to have hired some new artists who are apparently huge Disney/Pixar fans:

If that image leaked before BFA, the first thing to come to a lot of people's minds wouldn't be "Warcraft".
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Looks shit... looks like they hired completely new artists that is doing "their" thing instead of keeping true to the 13+ years of guidelines that evolved slowly into what the game is today.

No, not everything NEW is good... this shit imo! Tho as long as it's just for the useless loadingscreens, I dont care... if they start fucking over ingame with some new "art" style.. then FU blizz!

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post

They seem to have hired some new artists who are apparently huge Disney/Pixar fans:

If that image leaked before BFA, the first thing to come to a lot of people's minds wouldn't be "Warcraft".
    Um...

What? Of course it would've been difficult to relate that image to Warcraft if we hadn't known that it was for the game in the first place... Concept art however, doesn't change what the art in-game looks like. It's funny how the "pixar/Disney"-opinion has been thrown around ever since before WOTLK and after the end of WOTLK though.

Not that there's anything inherently bad about Pixar/Disney-inspired art I might add.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Looks shit... looks like they hired completely new artists that is doing "their" thing instead of keeping true to the 13+ years of guidelines that evolved slowly into what the game is today.

No, not everything NEW is good... this shit imo! Tho as long as it's just for the useless loadingscreens, I dont care... if they start fucking over ingame with some new "art" style.. then FU blizz!
    You seem plenty angry for someone that "doesn't care".

Of course they won't change the art style of the game. It'll still have its cartoony art style with more and more HD model updates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    the person who made the d3 "cinematics" was probably black, arab or female so they cant let them go b/c diverse blizzard lmao they let them make a new wow wallpaper lol
    ... What is this even supposed to mean? Or did this poster just fill his quota of racism and sexism in 1 single post?

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post

I'd have to assume those people haven't played the game and aren't familiar with its art style then, since it's always had cartoony mixed in.

These are also part of that "rest of BFA's art":

Look at all the experts talking.

I like it. It's different. And i don't mind different art styles on a loading screen.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't even look finished if you look at the water/rock and grass textures etc. so /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I'd have to assume those people haven't played the game and aren't familiar with its art style then, since it's always had cartoony mixed in.

These are also part of that "rest of BFA's art":

Exactly!

It's amazing just how people can suffer from selective memory. It's also amazing how adults can be so fixated on these things when they're discussing and playing a game that was always very cartoony and always had the lighter side mixed in with the darker.

It looks like its drawn by some okay'ish artist making these in their free time, but I expect better when these are being used in-game by people actually being paid to make these. Its hard to make out what most of these races are even supposed to be.

Because it represents the expansion they are used, a joke

Oh My God. People! I wish I could "Reply With Quote" every post so far.

It looks "bad" because it's not supposed to look "good."

This is clearly Concept Art. Something created very quickly, probably during the early stages of the development of the battleground. It is NOT a fully fleshed out and completed illustration, it's more comparable to a quick sketch.

What most likely happened, Is someone was building the loading screen and found this in a "resources" folder of some kind. Then a quick decision was made that this image was "good enough" because, it is just a loading screen, and they needed Illustrators to spend their time on something important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there anything people don't complain about?