Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It will affect the main game in a negative way. Makes sense to make posts like this if you enjoy WoW at all.
    Doesn't make any sense and even if it did affect our game in a negative way, which it won't, you should probably think a bit about your priorities in life. Dude, it's a fucking video game, play whatever you enjoy. You are not center of the world, everyone has the right to do what they enjoy the most.

Deleted
    This made me daydream a bit. Can you vanilla guys imagine how amazing wow expansions would have been with vanilla approach instead? Instead of flying mount you get mounted combat and gear for your mount. Every mount have different abilities. Then you get boats. Keeping you on the ground, experience threats and be closer to the enviroment.
    Instead of these incredible dull and boring followers, thats more like a browser game, you get followers like in swtor vanilla. Followers that you always can have with you. Followers that you can gear up. Followers that have unique abilities and rolls.

I was pretty excited too, played to level 40 on lightbringer and realized that, wait... I've already been through this once in my life, there is NOTHING new here to discover, no matter how hard I try in this game.

And that was my vanilla hype over. It has nothing to do with combat in my case, it's just that I prefer wasting my time doing things I haven't done before, rather that trying to relive my kid days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    Private servers usually provide a nerfed down gaming experience even if they claim to be 100% blizzlike.

But anyway, even the shittiest private server tastes better than the crap they try to feed us in retail servers.
    So much time passed and still you vanilla people think you're the vast majority and the rightful target audience of Blizzard for Wow...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    So much time passed and still you vanilla people think you're the vast majority and the rightful target audience of Blizzard for Wow...
    So who is the target audience of classic wow then? You are probably on wrong forum, this is not BfA discussion. There is no point targeting us who already will play BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    stop generalizing because of one guy. I'm only interested in vanilla, tbc and wotlk, but I don't feel the need to discredit the current version of wow just because of that. Some people will have more fun with the ancient versions of wow, other people will have more fun with Legion, and that's perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Arckos View Post
    stop generalizing because of one guy. I'm only interested in vanilla, tbc and wotlk, but I don't feel the need to discredit the current version of wow just because of that. Some people will have more fun with the ancient versions of wow, other people will have more fun with Legion, and that's perfectly fine.
    Vanilla would be great if it had at least WotLK levels of class complexity

I agree that the combat is mind numbingly boring but the reward structure of at least the PvE content makes up for it and then some. Having rewards actually feel rewarding and being able to work towards tangible goals is something that retail does worse, mostly because of multiple difficulties and excessive RNG.

I'm going to play Classic simply so I can relive what I experienced back then with the knowledge I have today. I don't think it's going to be that great of a game anymore since the magic is gone but I've been waiting a long time for them to give it a shot.

Then don't play it, and leave it for us that want to. Plain and simple. Why do you think you must tell us why we should want, and play something WE WANT.

I certainly hope it is going to be crap OP, if it isn't - then they haven't done their job properly.

This is Classic after all

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Vanilla WoW is an alternative style of gameplay. It is indeed slower, more repetitive, and grindier by far. But for me, when I played it for a couple of months again last year (played original Vanilla for a few months before BC) I found it to be rather relaxing and pleasant. It was a way to work out stress and just have a good time. It wasn't particularly exciting or new, but it was enjoyable in a different way.

That's just for me, of course.

Stop making these retarded "political" posts where you're shoving your opinions down someone's throat and call it facts.

If you think that vanilla is going to be crap, ok, that's your opinion and YOU won't enjoy it. Doesn't mean that people won't be playing it and that people won't enjoy it >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Vanilla WoW is an alternative style of gameplay. It is indeed slower, more repetitive, and grindier by far. But for me, when I played it for a couple of months again last year (played original Vanilla for a few months before BC) I found it to be rather relaxing and pleasant. It was a way to work out stress and just have a good time. It wasn't particularly exciting or new, but it was enjoyable in a different way.

That's just for me, of course.
    This. Couldn't have it worded myself better.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I certainly hope it is going to be crap OP, if it isn't - then they haven't done their job properly.

This is Classic after all
    Why do you keep coming to this subforum if you aren't interested in classic?

Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    The classes don't feel unique, because almost every class has a builder and a spender spell, kick, cc spell, offensive cd, defensive cd and some sort of self heal. These spells look differently but they are the same spells. I had so much fun in MOP and WOD leveling all the classes, gearing them for PVP and learning how to play them. In Legion I can't even force myself to level my favourite classes because they all feel like a same class with different visuals.
    This is so true it's unreal.

In Vanilla playing a class without a simple self-heal, like a Warrior or a Hunter felt completely different relative to playing a Druid or a Priest. Nowadays, well, playing a Warrior/Rogue and a Guardian/Feral Druid feel pretty much the same. As you've said, the visuals and rotations differ, but mechanically they feel the same. This was more unique in Vanilla through WoTLK I look forward to this aspect again. Sure, it's more outdated, but some people prefer the older playstyle, much like people still play the older Elder Scrolls, Diablo, Zelda, Mario, and Starcraft games even though there are more "modern and improved" versions of said games. It's all subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    "I don't like it, you wont either".
    It almost feels like people like him are stating: "Quit having fun!". Apparently people cannot like different things. Admitting, I understand his point about nostalgia and rose-tinted goggles, sure, some player's will indeed end up finding out that it was in fact nostalgia and hype and that they don't enjoy the game and end up quitting within the first couple of days/weeks, but that doesn't concern everyone and there will still be tens of thousands of players (I assume, based on private-server success) who do enjoy the game.
    Last edited by Kynario; 2018-01-07 at 05:30 PM.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Netherling View Post
    What has that got to do with what Windwalker said? Also, if that were the case, why would it matter if a couple of servers were like that?
    He said he'd want to go back to a single difficulty raid setting, like BC had. I was just informing him on how the Legion raids would be scaled if you copy pasted them over the BC raids.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by dondogshiat View Post
    Doesn't make any sense and even if it did affect our game in a negative way, which it won't, you should probably think a bit about your priorities in life. Dude, it's a fucking video game, play whatever you enjoy. You are not center of the world, everyone has the right to do what they enjoy the most.
    Please, do explain. Why does it not make any sense? If they take resources from retail and put them into classic it will affect the game in a negative way. No way around that.

I do play whatever I enjoy. This project is hurting what I enjoy though. Makes very much sense to be against it.

Deleted
    It'll be fine. If people get bored they'll just patch some Classic servers to BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Please, do explain. Why does it not make any sense? If they take resources from retail and put them into classic it will affect the game in a negative way. No way around that.

I do play whatever I enjoy. This project is hurting what I enjoy though. Makes very much sense to be against it.
    They've already stated they won't be and that Classic will have it's own team.

So no it makes no sense at all to make up your own illusory argument that it will despite them telling you it won't be taking resources from the current game for Classic.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions

Are these going to be separate development teams? One working on Battle for Azeroth and one working on WOW Classic?

J. Allen Brack: Yeah, so it was really important for us to be able to answer the community honestly. How many raids is this going to cost them in Battle for Azeroth? The answer is zero. We're going to hire people specifically for this effort. We already are.

If you want to keep arguing that this is somehow taking resources from the current game then go for it. But factually you are wrong.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-07 at 05:49 PM.