Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    How many more times do I have to say that I am NOT defending the change, I am saying that you complain about nothing? I don't care about the change, I care about the first post in the thread saying that the change is terrible and start of the end of the world (shortening and paraphrasing). Can you read?
    Yes, you are defending the change. "You guys are complaining for no reason" is a defense of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, you are defending the change. "You guys are complaining for no reason" is a defense of it.
    Jesus, OK, you truly are impossible. You cannot read and cannot reason. Feel free to complain about irrelevancies. You evidently have a lot of free time on your hands.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As an Australian that has been constantly assfucked from ISP's for most of his Life. Welcome to the Club guys.

Jesus, OK, you truly are impossible. You cannot read and cannot reason. Feel free to complain about irrelevancies.
    How do you know it's irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    No one reporting for duty here! I'd kill to have symmetric speeds like that or even lower symmetric speeds such as 100/100, 200/200, etc instead of just 100/10 or 300/20 bs.
    Just so we're on the same page. The "No one considers that good", is referencing the proposed speed of 10M down 1M up for Wireless and 25Mbps down and 3Mbps for Landline. I'd consider those basic internet connections and better than nothing, but I would not label them as good speeds, unless again you live way out in the country side.

No, it's not going to be used to guide decisions in the future. The input for these decisions are not FCC reports and not any of the irrelevant labels.
    What do you think they make decisions based on if not their own reports and analysis?

How do you know it's irrelevant?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post48579853

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    What do you think they make decisions based on if not their own reports and analysis?
    Who do you think provides Internet connectivity? The FCC? No, not them.

For whom this label is relevant at all? For the FCC.

Add 2 and 2.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post48579853

- - - Updated - - -

Add 2 and 2.
    So, you are defending it, thanks for proving me right.

At the end of the day, people do things for a reason. Some people think they are doing it to push tiered service in a corporatist push. Others want to defend it as a simple administrative change. It's not "nothing," because it's "something" to the people who made the change.

Add 2 and 2.
    I guess maybe I'm not quite as cynical as you and can believe the government can regulate industries properly when led by responsible people.
    Last edited by Nellise; 2018-01-07 at 04:11 PM.

So, you are defending it, thanks for proving me right.
    No, it is just that you can't read again. Or maybe you don't know what the words mean. Ask someone to explain to you what my posts mean.

No, it is just that you can't read again. Or maybe you don't know what the words mean. Ask someone to explain to you what my posts mean.
    You said it's irrelevant. if that were the case, then it would not have been done in the first place. Someone clearly felt it was relevant and consequential.

I guess maybe I'm not quite as cynical as you and can believe the government can regulate industries properly when led by responsible people.
    It's not cynicism, it's just common sense.

The entire article is pointless sensationalism. That's all.

- - - Updated - - -

You said it's irrelevant. if that were the case, then it would not have been done in the first place. Someone clearly felt it was relevant and consequential.
    Do you know the word "logic"? Google it. Somewhere there you will likely find online classes. Take one or two, you need it.

The change is irrelevant *to the consumers*. The speeds won't become lower, the prices won't become higher because of it.

The change is relevant *to some guys in the FCC*. They did it for some stupid reason, like having some report look better than it looks now.

Was that so hard?

That's not really true:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nection_speeds

About 6 states and DC can compare to those other countries.

https://www.recode.net/2017/6/9/1576...nternet-speeds

What other countries have, is a better infrastructure.
    And you can fit all those countries above the U.S. inside the U.S. lol
    I love when peope compair the U.S. to a country 1/8th the size as far as land mass....

The entire article is pointless sensationalism. That's all.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know the word "logic"? Google it. Somewhere there you will likely find online classes. Take one or two, you need it.

The change is irrelevant *to the consumers*. The speeds won't become lower, the prices won't become higher because of it.

The change is relevant *to some guys in the FCC*. They did it for some stupid reason, like having some report look better than it looks now.

Was that so hard?
    So, are you not doing the very same thing you accuse others of doing, making accusations and assumptions without evidence? They are attacking the administration, you are defending it, that is all.

You say it is irrelevant, but how do you actually know that? Do you have any evidence to back up all those claims?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    And you can fit all those countries above the U.S. inside the U.S. lol
    I love when peope compair the U.S. to a country 1/8th the size as far as land mass....
    That is specifically why I pointed to a link that goes state by state, so that they can also be compared. Shouldn't the average state be comparable? In reality only about 6-7 are.

I don't know, seems kind of cynical to me to believe the government agency responsible for regulating an industry is run by that industry and needs to be that way. It certainly seems to be true with the current chairman, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable.

You say it is irrelevant, but how do you actually know that? Do you have any evidence to back up all those claims?
    OK, I had enough of the stupidity.

How do we know that you posting here is not you secretly preparing to bomb the White House? Do you "claim" you aren't planning it? Do you "claim" you aren't planning to do this tomorrow and in general in the next month? Do you have any evidence to back up "all those claims"?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, seems kind of cynical to me to believe the government agency responsible for regulating an industry is run by that industry and needs to be that way. It certainly seems to be true with the current chairman, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable.
    Where did I say any of that???

Oh, my...

So, are you not doing the very same thing you accuse others of doing, making accusations and assumptions without evidence? They are attacking the administration, you are defending it, that is all.

- - - Updated - - -

That is specifically why I pointed to a link that goes state by state, so that they can also be compared. Shouldn't the average state be comparable? In reality only about 6-7 are.
    Yeah but what is average state?

Oh, my...
    What did you mean by this then:

Add 2 and 2.
    I'm sorry I misinterpreted you, but you did leave it up to me to try to guess what you were saying. Say what you meant then.

OK, I had enough of the stupidity.

How do we know that you posting here is not you secretly preparing to bomb the White House? Do you "claim" you aren't planning it? Do you "claim" you aren't planning to do this tomorrow and in general in the next month? Do you have any evidence to back up "all those claims"?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, my...
    Wow, more assumptions on your part. I'm merely pointing out that you are also making assumptions, and unable to back up any of your claims.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    Yeah but what is average state?
    It's literally in what I posted in the link, feel free to look.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    3 more years and this will all be over.
    Except it won't.