Poll: Which class will you ding first?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    kid... almost nobody will be getting a 2nd character to 60

i can see you never played vanilla
    Um...

Who exactly are you talking to? And are you suggesting that no vanilla players had more than one level-capped character?

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I started a mage in vanilla and never let him go, so I'm gonna do the same. I will level as frost this time though

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Um...

Who exactly are you talking to? And are you suggesting that no vanilla players had more than one level-capped character?
    The vast majority didn't considering it took a month or two with regular play to cap.

I will have at least 4 60s in classic. Yes it will take me months to acquire this feat, but its actually quite easy if you do it this way

level your first character to 60.

then level your next 2-3+ characters all at the same time. AND only using rested XP. its a leisure experience but its worth it. your play time on those characters is essentially cut in half. instead of taking 10+ played days to get to 60 its only taking you 6 days played time (cant cut travel time in half)

I was thinking about warrior, but on second thought maybe I'd rather start with new classes rather than making the ones I already made back when the game released. Maybe I'll make mage because they should have the easiest time in the game, having portrals, consumable refreshments and such. I've never actually played priest seriously so thats also an option.

lol its easy to see you never played vanilla

people had 1 character and a 2nd character was basically unheard of

unless you're counting the players who never reached max level and had a bunch of characters around level 20 quitting each character as it became too hard to level
    So wrong.. I had priest, warr and lock all raid geared. It was less common but lots of people did it.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

I will mention this again daish. rested XP. this coupled with feeding your alts good gear from your main meant you could level an alt to 60 in about half the time played as it does a toon without rested XP. granted the time is spread out over 3-4 months because rested XP takes a while to acquire, but as long as you are using it consistently its no problem creating alts. just gotta be efficient and smart about it.

Shaman - looking forward to the return of windfury + two hand and if I'm lucky with Sulfuras hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    I suppose the post title says it all. Where are you going first, assuming you're like me and #waitingforclassic?

Answers on a postcard.
    My hunter. Oh whoops. Already did that.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

15+ Year Old Account
    Gonna grind dat paladin to 60 again... probably just do the whole thing as Retribution instead of the insanity of trying to PUG dungeons the whole way as Holy.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Probably the easy route, hunter. In vanilla/bc I love having a good utility class, I'd rather have utility and versatility than raw damage pumping. Freeze traps, picking up adds, kiting, tranq shot, plus a powerful pvp class.

if... and thats a big if im gonna play classic im rolling a rogue with engineering en relive word of roguecraft or a mage going for toep+zhc asap and just become a 1 trick sheep toep+zhc pyro pom pyro pony while playing sorrow hill tracks on the background and just make life sour for pink goggle classic players.

lol how many years after launch was this im betting more then 1 and close to 2 years later

Actually it wasn't that bad. I had 4 level 60's 1 raid geared. There weren't as many things to do at max level unless you were grinding for or helping someone grind for something in particular. The first 2 took a while especially the second because I still was gearing out the main for raids but after it got raid ready it pretty much just sat there unless someone needed help with a dungeon run. I'd play alts in the time people would now be running old raids for leggos or doing world quests. If you didn't care about being exalted with everything it didn't take that long after max level to reach a point where your character was essentially done except for raids. I assume it was different if a player was pugging everything but if you had a guild that was worth a shit at all most dungeon runs were done in house making things pretty smooth.

lol how many years after launch was this im betting more then 1 and close to 2 years later
    What whould amount of time into the expansion matters in that question? Leveling took time and most of ous(most likely you too) were pretty god damn awful at the game. Not to mention everyone "wasted" alot of time doing "noob things" when you compare it today's standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol its easy to see you never played vanilla

people had 1 character and a 2nd character was basically unheard of
    lol its easy to see you don't know what you're talking about.

A great many players had more than one level capped toon. It certainly wasn't as common as it is now, given that levelling was part of the game back then and not something players were encouraged to skip past, but arguing that second characters was "unheard of" only suggests you didn't play vanilla; at least not with anyone else.

@orderschvank actually explains pretty well how people made it work. I'd try to avoid your cognitive bias getting in the way of your next post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Seal and Judgement spamming will make you somewhat hate it.
    I loved it.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    I played a dwarf warrior named Moldin in vanilla. When it came to raiding my fellow tanks where all night elves or humans and i fucking hated them for it. I was so annoyed at being the smalles one out of everyone that i tried several times(unsuccesful) to reroll.

This time i'l be going a night elf warrior and i will be getting some help from friends with the leveling part since that basicly sucks as a warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Daish once tried to touch me in an inappropriate manner while I was afk in Dalaran.

Deleted
    leveling was not part of the game it was a massive unbearable grind

most players made a choice to stop leveling their alts around 30 and make a new character rather then keep leveling that character to 60
    Lol so wrong... I started exactly in march 2005 (a little late to the party but in germany I think it released late 2004 and I was on holiday early 2005) and it took me around 2 to 3 months to get to 60. Since I didn't really have a good guild I did some pvp on the char and some random dungeons but never got into a raiding guild until early 2016, when I started going Molten Core (and naxxramas later on). So I was a complete casual and dabbled around for 6 to 7 months essentially until I got to raiding. So I leveled a shaman to 60, a female orc rogue to 60, and an alliance paladin to 60 (which I still play today btw, and he is horde). And yes like you said, maybe 2 or 3 more characters into the early lvl 30s or 40s.

And I knew a lot of other players who had at least 3 lvl 60 chars. So it is wrong to say that most people only had one character at lvl 60...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    Lol so wrong... I started exactly in march 2005 (a little late to the party but in germany I think it released late 2004 and I was on holiday early 2005) and it took me around 2 to 3 months to get to 60. Since I didn't really have a good guild I did some pvp on the char and some random dungeons but never got into a raiding guild until early 2016, when I started going Molten Core (and naxxramas later on). So I was a complete casual and dabbled around for 6 to 7 months essentially until I got to raiding. So I leveled a shaman to 60, a female orc rogue to 60, and an alliance paladin to 60 (which I still play today btw, and he is horde). And yes like you said, maybe 2 or 3 more characters into the early lvl 30s or 40s.

And I knew a lot of other players who had at least 3 lvl 60 chars. So it is wrong to say that most people only had one character at lvl 60...
    Most people did only have one level 60 if they even had one.

Its not up for debate the facts are out there.