Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Why do people keep taking Kylo for a chump. Kylo is Vader's heir. He freezes blaster bolts. He can comb through a person's thoughts and dreams on some Matrix type stuff. He has his own space biker bang. He nearly killed Luke as a kid. He has been doing his thing for quite some time.

Snoke should've respected what Kylo is capable of.
    I assume people underestimate Kylo because of his man-childishness - specifically, the temper tantrums. I've always seen it of a interestingly different take on the emotions that drive the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    Every time someone complains about poe's "prank call" I'm reminded of han's conversation over the death star comm in a new hope which was just as silly and comedic.

It really shows what selective memories some people have when they complain about stuff that was always present in star wars.
    Yup

15+ Year Old Account
    I think most reasonable people thought it sucked, but oh well, what can you do. Don't blame Disney for being Disney. Blame Lucas for selling to them.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    I liek it because it got 1 of each race and color in the movie. All inclusive!
    As long as we fill our diversity quota who cars about actual movie quality. Good god man...

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    I didn't want it to be clogged up in that thread circle jerk. I wanted movie analysis and large overview because this is a movie board not a Star Wars larping board.
    Lol, have you read the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    I think most reasonable people thought it sucked, but oh well, what can you do. Don't blame Disney for being Disney. Blame Lucas for selling to them.
    I like how you just insulted everyone that liked the movie, because it can't possibly be that enjoying a film is subjective.

I think most reasonable people accept that some people liked it and some people didn't.

Where have you been since... return of the Jedi came out?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    Blame both.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Lol, have you read the thread?

I like how you just insulted everyone that liked the movie, because it can't possibly be that enjoying a film is subjective.

I think most reasonable people accept that some people liked it and some people didn't.
    I feel like anyone that liked the movie is a simpleton that happily drools over pretty special effects and explosions.

I think it was decent, there were a few moments that were like wtf? The rest was pretty good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I don't understand why people are getting so bent out of shape, like Star Wars hasn't always been about space cowboy samurais with chemlight swords. It's always been cheap (but very good) entertainment and should be taken at face value. It's not some Mozart shit or the Mona Lisa of the movie industry.
    It was before Disney.

As long as we fill our diversity quota who cars about actual movie quality. Good god man...
    I watched the movie with my circle of friends consisting of an Asian chick / a Black guy / a lesbian feminist and an evil white person (that's me). All of us felt well represented in the movie <3

Thinking it would've been good ahahahaha. Kids these days.

Good job giving them 9 dollars. As far as Disney is concerned, you loved it.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was before Disney.
    Yeah because jar jar was high class. Star Wars lost that mythical shine your trying to hold on to the day the Christmas Special start production.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Yeah because jar jar was high class. Star Wars lost that mythical shine your trying to hold on to the day the Christmas Special start production.
    No that’s when it became obvious it was a shallow “space Opera” that printed its own money, and this was BEFORE episode 5 even came out.

The entire thing felt very corporatized. I sort of felt Disney's out stretched corporate hand waiting for its $9.00 in exchange for some CGI explosions and action, and even then it seemed like they tried to cut costs on those to increase their profit margins. The pace was fast and the story arc felt undeveloped and even butchered.

Star Wars has basically been reduced to pretty special effects and explosions and that is about it.

Just one more reminder that nothing is sacred to corporations, not even Star Wars. Everything is just a means to profit.

Disney ruined Star wars for me.
    This is the way most movies are now a days. They market most of them to teenagers and teenagers like dumb crap. J.J. Abrams did the same thing with the star trek movies.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    No. It never was. I’m shocked how many people think Star Wars was ever good.
    Parts of it are pretty good. But generally not the movies. You need to go into some of the expanded universe books and such to find it. Knight of the Old Republic was really good, the continued story found in the MMO The Old Republic are fantastic! The books surrounding Thrawn are all decent, both the old and the new ones.

These new movies, however, are especially bad. Episode 7 is just a remaster of episode 4, stealing almost every major theme and regurgitating it. Episode 8 is even worse, because it can't even manage to do that. It instead tries to abandon EVERYTHING that made the previous content interesting and convert it into a corporate shill. It doesn't answer any of the questions brought up in Episode 7, makes it's characters look stupid, isn't even consistent with the previous movie, and ham-fists everything.

The entire thing was a mess, and not because Star Wars itself isn't good. "The Last Jedi" fails pretty hard all on it's own merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    I watched the movie with my circle of friends consisting of an Asian chick / a Black guy / a lesbian feminist and an evil white person (that's me). All of us felt well represented in the movie <3
    That's what I can really appreciate about Rian Johnson. He even made the evil whites feel included.

Deleted
    Just stating exactly how I feel.
    Why, though? Why are you telling us how you feel about it? That's the real question.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Why, though? Why are you telling us how you feel about it? That's the real question.
    Why share anything ever? Because we are human beings and people have may reasons for sharing things. I mean, are you seriously asking me why I am sharing my opinion on a movie on a board whos purpose is to share opinions about movies?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I liked it, but I walked in with low expectations due to all the things I had heard about it.