Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Never heard of it, so not likely

You want thoughts why we should care about you being bored of current wow? I don't care is my thought.

Saying you might switch to a game that isn't even confirmed ON A PC? sick blog I guess....

And going by Pardos track record after blizzard, I doubt we will see anything successful from him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The way i see it, the key to success of vanilla is that it will have an in game community. The problem is that rob pardo is dedicated to releasing his own mmo type game with a strong focus on an in game community. Myself, i consider legion to be the “end” of wow and im planning on switching to pardos mmo. Vanilla is just there as a backup in case pardos effort sucks (and i dont think it will). In short, vanilla is coming too late. Im already moving on. Thoughts?
    Rob Pardo isnt making a new MMO. He is making a think tank for himself and a few friends.

They arent ever going to actually produce anything

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Please show me any quotes, any evidence at all that Square Enix called FFXIV a WoW killer. That GW2 was called a WoW killer by the devs? Please show me a shred of evidence. And not "but tha fans said it!", fans are a 100% unreliable source.
    Wow, just wow. My statement was made within the context that the WoW Killer phrase was what media hype and fans quoted. It seems to be that everytime a new mmo comes out, someone always quotes "could this be a WoW killer". Did my original statement quote that the Dev's of those games have ever said its a WoW Killer, no, just simples no. Yet you seem hell bent on taking what I wrote and twisting it to suit your own thoughts. If I state a fact, then I'll always back up with evidence.

I did start my post with "its just my opinion"

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybear14 View Post
    All was stating is that there as always been hype around new mmorpg's that are coming out will be a WoW killer, all I stated was that they have failed to do that. The games I've mentioned are the ones i've played and none of them have failed at becoming an MMO in there own right. I still play FFXIV myself and on occassions Starwars. I am not a rabid fanboy who won't listen to reason and never call people fanboy's. Everyone has there own opinion, some expansions of WoW i've quit playing because I don't like them. I was mearly stating my opinion!!
    Its good to play other stuff, i played starwars too but after the whole emperor and no factions i stopped, i actually still play LOTRO now thats old :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Wow, just wow. My statement was made within the context that the WoW Killer phrase was what media hype and fans quoted. It seems to be that everytime a new mmo comes out, someone always quotes "could this be a WoW killer". Did my original statement quote that the Dev's of those games have ever said its a WoW Killer, no, just simples no. Yet you seem hell bent on taking what I wrote and twisting it to suit your own thoughts. If I state a fact, then I'll always back up with evidence.

I did start my post with "its just my opinion"
    All the arguing about WoW killers and we all failed to notice that WoW is already dead, killed by thousand cuts, mostly self-inflicted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    All the arguing about WoW killers and we all failed to notice that WoW is already dead, killed by thousand cuts, mostly self-inflicted
    Oh you mean how WoW has been dead since BC? .

Seems to be doing just fine yet it clearly hasn't stopped people from trying to convince themselves otherwise.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

About as much of a threat as SWTOR, Rift, Aion, Guild Wars 2 and every other MMO to come out in the last 10 years was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Oh you mean how WoW has been dead since BC? .

Seems to be doing just fine yet it clearly hasn't stopped people from trying to convince themselves otherwise.
    It's the same whinging that every other MMO is dead because of WoW, it's adorable.. but blatantly false

Deleted
    Eh, his new MMO will most likely die, sorry. I've seen gameplay, it doesn't look like anything different, eh, sorry.

No threat anytime soon. It will take years for him to build one. If they decided to make an MMORPG they'd be competing with pantheon.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2018-01-07 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Myself, i consider legion to be the “end” of wow
    There are people that still think of WotLK as the "end" of WoW. Don't let the booterang hit you on the way out.

I also "moved on" in MoP, not playing WoD at all. Yet here I am raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    About as much of a threat as SWTOR, Rift, Aion, Guild Wars 2 and every other MMO to come out in the last 10 years was.
    Wildstar's going to kill WoW any day now, you'll see!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Star Wars The Old Republic
    RIFT
    Guild Wars 2
    TERA
    FFXIV
    The Secret World
    Black Desert
    Blade and Soul
    Archeage
    Age of Conan
    Warhammer Online
    TESO
    Wildstar

Probably missing a few Kappa
    Lord of the Rings online too

The biggest ones of those you listed were Rift and Age of Conan when it came to the outcry of "It's going to be the WoW killer". Oh the poor little souls :P

WoW may not be as popular as it was but it still is THE most popular, and you know why, because it's the best, altohugh that may be subjective, I can actually say I have played many MMO's including ones not listed on there like City of Heroes, DC Universe Online and Champions Online. but every time, I always came back to WoW.

I still think WoW actually holds up better than most MMO's due to its timeless art style. So many other MMO's choose a 'realistic' art style that quickly ends up showing it's age after 2 years. Even Wildstar (while I never got on with the game) still holds up graphically.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-01-08 at 07:53 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

We don't even know what type of game are they thinking of making. We can't even be sure if they will make anything. So currently it's a 0 threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    how something that doesn't exist can pose a threat to something that doesn't exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

All was stating is that there as always been hype around new mmorpg's that are coming out will be a WoW killer, all I stated was that they have failed to do that. The games I've mentioned are the ones i've played and none of them have failed at becoming an MMO in there own right. I still play FFXIV myself and on occassions Starwars. I am not a rabid fanboy who won't listen to reason and never call people fanboy's. Everyone has there own opinion, some expansions of WoW i've quit playing because I don't like them. I was mearly stating my opinion!!
    But none of these games have ever through their devs or advertisement or interaction with the media stated they are wow killers. Each of them were looking to find their own corner of the market. TOR was looking for Star wars fans and KOTOR fans. ESO was looking at Elder Scroll fans. ETC

The only maybe exception to this was Rift. That was the only one in any kind of media that actually started to focus on WoW with the whole "We're not in Azeroth anymore.". https://healingthemasses.files.wordp...800px_1000.jpg They were the only one doing any sort of gunning at WoW directly and pretty much anyone who knew mmos were mocking that advertising. If anything it likely hurt Trion from the start when those who saw that and were wow vets realised just how similar rift was.

Let's hope we will make Hellgate: London type of the game once again and will do it correctly this time.

Oh, so they want to reinvent the wheel and "make something that's no longer available", despite that something being very much available and already established? That has never been done before!!

Give me a break. Only lonely, self-afflicted losers are unable to have a sense of community in an MMORPG, regardless of the title.