15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Errr, the hit DID look bad. Wait for replays. They basically suplexed him into the ground.
    Hardly, he was already close to the ground when the tug started, he got slammed a little harder on his way down but nothing that looks beyond a rough tackle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

I don't understand why Peterman was even their #2, Joe Webb has to be better than him.

Also Bortles having more yards rushing than passing shows how weird this season has been.
    Last edited by Grube; 2018-01-07 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, one side is set.

Titans at Patriots on Saturday

Jags at Steelers on Sunday

Well darn. I figured it would have to be a low scoring game for the Bills to have a shot. I just didn't expect them to only score 3. They need an actual nfl QB and help on both lines.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Well darn. I figured it would have to be a low scoring game for the Bills to have a shot. I just didn't expect them to only score 3. They need an actual nfl QB and help on both lines.
    Tyrod was better than Bortles for most of the game. Bortles just managed a TD and Tyrod didn't when they were in the red zone. That's the difference. Tyrod's not bad bad. He can win you games. He brought you to the playoffs ffs.

But, you can improve, sure. At what cost though? Are you ready to throw away another year of Shady and other older players to struggle for a year till you get things figured out with a new QB? Cause that's what you are probably getting. Dak Prescott is the exception. And that's not to mention that it will likely take both your pick in the first round to move up enough to MAYBE have a chance at one of the better QB's, but probably not with the Cards, Broncos, Jets, Giants and Browns all picking before you.

I'll say this though, you at least know you have a capable coaching staff, they turned this team into a well playing, disciplined unit who didn;t make many mistakes and beat themselves. You give this coaching staff time to assemble players they can work with, and you probably end up getting to the playoffs and winning.

Future is bright, don't forget. Coaching staff and culture in place, plenty of picks, proven vets. You can go places.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Welp that's probably the only football i see today. 40 minutes worth. Hopefully the Saints lose.
    Do you want to get me mad at you?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Who picks a QB in the draft will depend on what happens with Cousins/Smith/Keenum/maybe McCarron. Then you have Denver probably taking the tall, big arm and not accurate QB that will help the other teams that need a QB.

There just aren't enough QBs out there that are starter quality for every team to have one, especially when half the teams are going to be going for an upgrade for next year. Taylor is average and doesn't turn the ball over unless his receiver drops a pass that often so could do worse. There were 2 teams with over 30 turnovers this year and that won't happen with Taylor at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Tyrod was better than Bortles for most of the game. Bortles just managed a TD and Tyrod didn't when they were in the red zone. That's the difference. Tyrod's not bad bad. He can win you games. He brought you to the playoffs ffs.

But, you can improve, sure. At what cost though? Are you ready to throw away another year of Shady and other older players to struggle for a year till you get things figured out with a new QB? Cause that's what you are probably getting. Dak Prescott is the exception. And that's not to mention that it will likely take both your pick in the first round to move up enough to MAYBE have a chance at one of the better QB's, but probably not with the Cards, Broncos, Jets, Giants and Browns all picking before you.

I'll say this though, you at least know you have a capable coaching staff, they turned this team into a well playing, disciplined unit who didn;t make many mistakes and beat themselves. You give this coaching staff time to assemble players they can work with, and you probably end up getting to the playoffs and winning.

Future is bright, don't forget. Coaching staff and culture in place, plenty of picks, proven vets. You can go places.
    As a Patriots fan, seeing Tyrod start for future Bills teams is the best thing that could happen to you.

Tyrod did not bring Buffalo to the playoffs. They made it in spite of him. McCoy, Hauschka, and some good defensive games are the only reasons they won any games this year. Certainly they can do worse (Peterman).

With Tyrod, I see them being a new version of the Chiefs. One and done wildcard level.

Romo points out time and time again all the plays that Tyrod doesn't make. He just doesn't make the throws the studs do.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    As a Patriots fan, seeing Tyrod start for future Bills teams is the best thing that could happen to you.

Tyrod did not bring Buffalo to the playoffs. They made it in spite of him. McCoy, Hauschka, and some good defensive games are the only reasons they won any games this year. Certainly they can do worse (Peterman).

With Tyrod, I see them being a new version of the Chiefs. One and done wildcard level.

Romo points out time and time again all the plays that Tyrod doesn't make. He just doesn't make the throws the studs do.
    Honestly, having a rookie QB in Buffalo next year means easier games than if Taylor is still there. Taylor gives the Patriots D fits with his legs. Actually really surprised he didn't use them more today.

Oh I was like. Not paying attention.

GO SAINTS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Graham Gano is shitting the bed at the exact wrong time. Cam Newton looking good though, he may have to pull a Mariota and just throw it to himself and score so they don;t have to kick FG's.

- - - Updated - - -

And then just like that, Saints up 6, probably 7.

I think that game went according to everyone's expectations, including Bills fans. I wasn't even mad at the end of it.

We need a good pass rusher, maybe shore up the O-line a bit more, and........obviously get a new QB.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who taught Ginn how to catch? Feels like he gets better with each team he's traded to, the growing chip on his shoulder must be helping with balance or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think that game went according to everyone's expectations, including Bills fans. I wasn't even mad at the end of it.

We need a good pass rusher, maybe shore up the O-line a bit more, and........obviously get a new QB.
    The only right answer here is to trade for Andy Dalton.

Deleted

The stage is set for Colin Kaepernicks triumphant returnt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    I don't understand why he doesn't have a job, he is much better than some of these horrible qbs that are starting right now.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I like Kap a lot, and I'd take him over Tyrod, but I grew up in Buffalo and still live there, a blue collar place like this wouldn't accept him as QB. Buffalo's probably one of the most segregated cities post-segregation.

Even having a black QB who *isn't* controversial has been hard in this city. The shit I heard about EJ (our first black QB, in 2013) and Tyrod is pretty fucking disgusting.

Also, that's why I tend not to hang with the Bills Mafia, because they're the most likely to call Tyrod a dumb n-word.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saints starting to roll now after a slow first quarter start.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like Kap a lot, and I'd take him over Tyrod, but I grew up in Buffalo and still live there, a blue collar place like this wouldn't accept him as QB. Buffalo's probably one of the most segregated cities post-segregation.

Even having a black QB who *isn't* controversial has been hard in this city. The shit I heard about EJ (our first black QB, in 2013) and Tyrod is pretty fucking disgusting.

Also, that's why I tend not to hang with the Bills Mafia, because they're the most likely to call Tyrod a dumb n-word.
    Kaep is technically half black.

AND WHO DAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Highly doubt any team is going to sign him at this point or if he actually wants to even play. I find it pretty unlikely no team offered him a contract for this year considering some of the QBs that keep getting signed. Unless the owners all agreed to blackball him, then that would be super sketchy.