Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I don't want you to be at the whim of ISP's either. I was simply pointing out how the issue of Net Neutrality ended up fracturing along partisan lines. Some wish it hadn't but it seems like nobody can just honestly own up to the fact that the crusade of deplatforming likely disincentivized the political right to rise to the defense of the Internet that from their perspective wasn't an open and free internet.

The point being, the Lefties tried to drive them to the wilderness or drive them off the web entirely, and when the internet needed a united front, there was no longer the trust to form the solidarity necessary to defend it.

People seems to want to quibble with that or hide from that but that is my take on why its a partisan issue now.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, money equals speech and power. Now you are getting it.
    Except that's bullshit. Even among Republicans, Net Neutrality enjoyed a high degree of support (last I checked it was 75% vs 88% for Democrats). This was not a partisan issue, it was a corporate shills vs everyone else issue; unfortunately corporate shills were the ones Trump named, so they called the shots and ignored the public's will. Stop this silly attempt to pin this on ''the Left', as if it was some sort of hive-mind.

Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    I hate to break this down for you guys and girls but two things,

Trump will win his reelection. You have nothing in either party that can stand up to his image.

The day of entitlements are over. It's time to get a job or join the military. Free ride is over.
    Pffffahahahaha!

I love these kinds of posters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Except that's bullshit. Even among Republicans, Net Neutrality enjoyed a high degree of support (last I checked it was 75% vs 88% for Democrats). This was not a partisan issue, it was a corporate shills vs everyone else issue; unfortunately corporate shills were the ones Trump named, so they called the shots and ignored the public's will. Stop this silly attempt to pin this on ''the Left', as if it was some sort of hive-mind.
    For what it is worth I also did not want Net Neutrality to go either. I am simply giving my statement on how repealing it found support among the Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Poor Americans. They never seem to learn and keep shooting themselves in the foot. Remarkable.
    Yea they draw a line in the sand and argue to much to get anything that sticks.

As long as it has a D or R some ppl will vote for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Pffffahahahaha!

The scary thing is that it could be true.

So far I haven't really heard anything about someone stepping up from the Democrats yet. Just speculation so far.
    What the democrats need is someone who can win the south as well. Bill won five of them to beat out the first Bush but there is a good chance his tatics cant be used again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Yea they draw a line in the sand and argue to much to get anything that sticks.

As long as it has a D or R some ppl will vote for it.

- - - Updated - - -

The scary thing is that it could be true.

So far I haven't really heard anything about someone stepping up from the Democrats yet. Just speculation so far.
    What the democrats need is someone who can win the south as well. Bill won five of them to beat out the first Bush but there is a good chance his tatics cant be used again
    Eh its really never a step up this early. Rare for it to be so. Only time I can think of in recent memory was GOP gettin people ready after Obama was elected/reelected and every single one of those guys went down pretty fast.

ROFL the USA already has one of the worst internet grids of any developed nation how much worse can it get.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    ROFL the USA already has one of the worst internet grids of any developed nation how much worse can it get.
    They have turned profit squeezing every cent possible out of its citizens into an art form

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry guys, just 3 more years and it will be back to the normal less shitty state. That is if you don't go all in and vote him in for another 4 years. To be fair that wouldn't surprise me one bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Don't worry guys, just 3 more years and it will be back to the normal less shitty state. That is if you don't go all in and vote him in for another 4 years. To be fair that wouldn't surprise me one bit.
    im expecting something to occur to block voting or for a dynasty lasting to Barron.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    im expecting something to occur to block voting or for a dynasty lasting to Barron.
    lulz. Ivanka has more chance to get the reins passed onto i think. Those "assets" of hers are something else

I believe Mister Metokur summarized the reasoning better than I could. But since a major part of Left-Wing activism is trying to no-platform any voice that isn't conforming to their own political views and that seems to be an accepted practice; Righties lost interest in solidarity over Net Neutrality. What is the point of defending Net Neutrality if there really isn't for practical purposes a free and open internet for you?

Okay, I watched that thing, but I find that reasoning in and of itself flawed. Let's break it down, first what is inside the video, then what you said.
    1. The basic principle of DAD that he speaks of is based upon the fact that the people have a say in the net neutrality issue. That those who feel threatened to be disenfranchised by, let's call it censorship by content providers could enable the ISPs to get rid of net neutrality. The past few months have shown that this is demonstrably false. The FCC under Ajit Pai did not care at all about public opinion.
    So instead of 'weaponizing' net neutrality to have leverage over CPs, we just had the ISPs take it away anyway, showing that the people had no leverage whatsoever over anyone. As such, trying to turn net neutrality into a left vs right thing over this is absolutely pointless, as neither side really had anything to do with it to begin with. That is just needless antagonizing.
    2. Slippery slope arguments in and of themselves are pointless, since anything can be turned into one. 'I am not allowed to yell fire in a crowded theatre! soon, I won't be able to say anything at all'.
    3. How did the left turn net neutrality into a political issue if the right wanted to turn it into a weapon?
    4. As for the point of defending net neutrality: there still was a relatively free and open internet for you. You did not spend 100% of your online time posting on 'the daily stormer' or 'hatreon', now did you? If you ever used Netflix, NN benefited you. If you ever played a game, NN benefited you. If you ever posted on a forum like say, this one, NN benefited you. If the repeal of NN causes you to pay even a cent more of lose X percent of your bandwith/speed, then it was foolish to try and make it a partisan issue. Unless you get off of spite or something, I don't know. Though, as discussed under point 1., it is pointless anyway.
    5. Though it is understandably hard for Americans to really understand that sometimes, there is not just 'lefties' and 'righties'. I for example can be considered left-leaning by US standards, but I certainly never did anything that would cause content providers to curtail alternative sites like that. Similarly, there are a bunch of 'righties' that never bothered about those sites either. As such, when you say that, you just needlessly create an 'us versus them' mentality and see a right versus left conflict that is not really there. The majority of people never even remotely came close to coming into conflict with social media TOS. And yet, you seemingly wanted to die on that hill and were ready to make anyone suffer for your grievances (well, the person in that video at least, you just sounded like you agreed with it).
    Again, pointless to begin with. But I really can't see how you would blame everyone on the left for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    You guys REALLY want idiocracy to happen

It already happened and we see the results of it already, with terrible decisions like the net neutrality and other disasters such as raising the taxes on average of 3000 dollars a year for the average household in California.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    3 more years and this will all be over.

as much as i want tulsi gabbard to win, i hope the rock actually runs. cause you know people would fucking vote him in. he'd mostly do the trick to undo all this bad shit.
    Are you for fucking real? Do you even know what his policies would be? Let me answer that for you, no you don't because NO ONE DOES.

Stop voting for famous people just because they're famous and you like them.

For what it is worth I also did not want Net Neutrality to go either. I am simply giving my statement on how repealing it found support among the Right.
    Support among 1/4 of the Republicans? That's hardly worth mentioning in the extremely partisan realm of US politics. In fact I'd be hard pressed to find a major political issue in the US that the base of both parties agree on so much. So I find that the whole basis of your argument doesn't stand up to scrutiny, and support among 25% of Republicans did nothing to help this, in particular pass at all. It was a command from Trump's corporate friends and the FCC's overlords and they marched in lockstep regardless of what voters wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Are you for fucking real? Do you even know what his policies would be? Let me answer that for you, no you don't because NO ONE DOES.

like i said earlier. that's exactly why he should run. his policies would literally just be obama 2.0, and his star power would get him elected.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    like i said earlier. that's exactly why he should run. his policies would literally just be obama 2.0, and his star power would get him elected.
    Ill be voting for John Cena personally. Just as likeable without coming across as fake like the rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    You guys REALLY want idiocracy to happen
    seems like it happened about a year ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if in the end it was wise for Lefties to make it a political fault line.
    damn neckbeards actually finding a way to blame their politicians actions on another party
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    Just remember, it's easier to destroy a program by cutting it's funding than it is to debate logic and pass laws.

Do you have any idea how massive this tax cut really is?
    okay. let's start by outlawing the gop. so whose laws are so ineffective now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

i'll vote for him just to spite you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Pffffahahahaha!

my favorite are the ones that come in and scream about how great our internet is and how the free market will fix everything for the isp situation. LOLOLOLOLS.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2018-01-08 at 03:07 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I wonder if in the end it was wise for Lefties to make it a political fault line.
    You heard it here first. It's the democrats fault for voting against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..