Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Horde Why Blood Elves are no longer needed and should be removed

Blood Elves as a playable race are obsolete at this point. Why? Because of 3 reasons.

The need to have them in the first place:
    The Horde needed an culturally sophisticated and beautiful race to even out player numbers and give us more variance in addition to Forsaken. This place will now be occupied by the way more interesting and unique Nightborne. Since the restoration of the Sunwell, the only interesting group inside Silvermoon are the Magisters and the Nightborne fulfill that role way better, than the blood elves ever could do.
    The Farstriders are just boring rangers. The Dark Rangers are way more unique and the concept of an archer or scout is already represented in more than enough races.
    Blood Knights are no longer any different from filthy Alliance Paladins and lost everything that was unique about them. Also the Sunwalkers have allready brought really unique holy warriors into the Horde.

Why they should be removed:
    Number one problem: As they're portrayed in game and lore they're absolutely nothing but skinny Humans, with glowing eyes and pointy ears. There could have been a really good storyline for them with a leader like Kael or Rommath, who may have directed them in a unique direction, but as it is now this role has been taken by Thalysra and our blood elven main charaters are Lor'themar and Liadrin, a generic Ranger and a generic Knight. The removal of Blood Elves would also make room for an more interesting race, since we allready have enought elves and the other three main groups of them are actually unique from a story perspective. While we are at it we could also unite blood and high elfs and they just retreat from world politics at large and make room for races like Tauren and Goblins, which offer interesting concepts, that need to be fleshed out ingame.

Why they will be removed:
    There are only two reasons and they will never be removed.

I guess you tried to come up with something that's as silly as possible.

remind me what's the benefit of trolling when it's not funny?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    So many garbage threads lately.

No, Blood Elves do not need to be removed nor they'll ever be for obvious reasons. In fact they don't need to do or be changed in anything, Blizzard just needs to develop other Horde races more.

But if this is actually a clumsily evasive move to justify the fucking High Elves in the Alliance just stop. Have fun with Void Elves and leave the bullshit die for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    So many garbage threads lately.

No, Blood Elves do not need to be removed nor they'll ever be for obvious reasons. In fact they don't need to do or be changed in anything, Blizzard just needs to develop other Horde races more.

But if this is clumsily evasive move to justify the fucking High Elves in the Alliance just stop. Have fun with Void Elves and leave the bullshit die for good.
    I don't care about the Alliance and High Elves should never become playable.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't bother reading and just went straight to "Reply To Thread" based on thread's title.

My two cents: That's like... your opinion maaaaaan.

Blizzard would surely rustle up the racial setups of the factions at this point if the playerbase wasn't as whiny as it is. Their hands are tied.

The blood elves and the undead should have a faction of their own and it should revolve around a shared history of suffering at the hands of the Scourge. They should literally be an ex-Alliance faction.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Blizzard would surely rustle up the racial setups of the factions at this point if the playerbase wasn't as whiny as it is. Their hands are tied.
    Considering the other replies in this thread it seems you are right and as I stated in opening post I don't believe they will do this. It is really fascinating how four people didn't bother to read the op, but were so triggered that they had to try derailing the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The blood elves and the undead should have a faction of their own and it should revolve around a shared history of suffering at the hands of the Scourge. They should literally be an ex-Alliance faction.
    I think the Forsaken fit inside the Horde. They would have been an excellent choice to tie the Horde into WotLK and while formerly being the odd ally of convenience, by leading the Horde against Arthas could have become a integral part of the Horde.
    But Blood Elves embracing the same theme is boring. They had their place in the Illidari, while finding ways to sate their magic addiction, leaving their past behind and forging a greater destiny in the fight against the Burning Legion, which they identify as the real cause for the fall of Quel'Thalas.

I think Night Elves and their allies should have really been their own faction.
    Last edited by George Lucas; 2018-01-07 at 11:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kappa

another HE fan salty

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Kappa

another HE fan salty
    Of course I'm an evil fan of the High Elves and want to take your precious Blood Elves. You are completely right and don't need to read anything, just go with your first impression and post unrelated stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    All Elves should be removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Considering the other replies in this thread it seems you are right and as I stated in opening post I don't believe they will do this. It is really fascinating how four people didn't bother to read the op, but were so triggered that they had to try derailing the thread.
    You value your arguments way too much. I read them and they look more like lazy excuses to validate a standpoint. In fact I probably read said arguments more than the poster who agreed with you, since I know his views on the matter and blatantly got instant validation by the mere title alone.

Keep going though, this has potential to turn into something mildly entertaining. For good measure, I'll summon @Friendlyimmolation for major lolz.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    You value your arguments way too much. I read them and they look more like lazy excuses to validate a standpoint. In fact I probably read said arguments more than the poster who agreed with you, since I know his views on the matter and blatantly got instant validation by the mere title alone.

Keep going though, this has potential to turn into something mildly entertaining. For good measure, I'll summon @Friendlyimmolation for major lolz.
    God no. I am not strong enough.

/10char
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2018-01-08 at 12:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

oh my, you are (probably) not trolling?

what on earth does the word 'needed' mean for a playable race? are dranaei needed? are goblins/worgens needed? are gnomes needed? are undead needed? are tauren needed? as for your 'pointy ear skinny humans' comment isn't that what anyone who doesn't like elves describes them as?

technically an other race other than humans and orcs is not 'needed' (some could argue that neither are humans and orcs), does that mean we should remove them?

our first kidney is not 'needed' either, should we remove it? what kind of messed up logic is this?

adding a playable race to an MMO is final decision, you can't just remove it, if you think something's wrong with them you can ask for them to be more refined or expanded upon...

in short: you're just asking for the removal of an option you don't like for practically no reason and despite that other people like that option therefore you get (well earned) 'jabs' from other posters, what did you expect? some surge of agreement? a petition to remove blood elves?

generally people who ask for 'removing stuff' most of the times look ridiculous, games are usually improved by adding and polishing features/options/content not by cutting them

5+ Year Old Account

I have made my point and as of now your have not said anything related to the topic. Also I don't think that the poster you mentioned agrees with me, he just was the only which participated adequately in this thread, so I tried to further the discussion by replying to his post.

Of course I'm an evil fan of the High Elves and want to take your precious Blood Elves. You are completely right and don't need to read anything, just go with your first impression and post unrelated stuff.
    Take your own advice and don't make trash threads that have no substance and about something everyone knows will never happen.

Only problem I have with removal of a race is that, in order to remove something, you must replace it. Or in some situations, balance it out.

By saying to remove the Blood Elves, you must remove a race on the Alliance, in this case, the Dreanai. However because both are now a part of the game, both story and lore wise, you cannot remove them.

By using your logic that they should remove them, and even saying they could be replaced with a better race, without citing which race could replace them, shows that you are just trying to stir up trouble.

For one example you will probably make, is that the Nightborn would be and will be replacing them. That is probably correct. However, it is this generic knight that you mentioned, Liadrin is the one who helps you the player, bring the Nightborn to join the Horde.

I may not sound convincing, but honestly neither does the OP's reasoning.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erythros View Post
    oh my, you are (probably) not trolling?

what on earth does the word 'needed' mean for a playable race? are dranaei needed? are goblins/worgens needed? are gnomes needed? are undead needed? are tauren needed? as for your 'pointy ear skinny humans' comment isn't that what anyone who doesn't like elves describes them as?

technically an other race other than humans and orcs is not 'needed' (some could argue that neither are humans and orcs), does that mean we should remove them?

our first kidney is not 'needed' either, should we remove it? what kind of messed up logic is this?

adding a playable race to an MMO is final decision, you can't just remove it, if you think something's wrong with them you can ask for them to be more refined or expanded upon...

in short: you're just asking for the removal of an option you don't like for practically no reason and despite that other people like that option therefore you get (well earned) 'jabs' from other posters, what did you expect? some surge of agreement? a petition to remove blood elves?

generally people who ask for 'removing stuff' most of the times look ridiculous, games are usually improved by adding and polishing features/options/content not by cutting them
    Maybe a little bit.

Draenei, while I still oppose the retcon which brought them in their current iteration into the game, had actually a decent story in Legion and as a race have a unique flavor in WoW. Needed is maybe a strong word, interesting and unique are probably more fitting.

I think technically Humans and Orcs are not needed more than any other race in the game. But they fulfill their roles. Recently Forsaken have become a strong contender for the role the Orcs took in the past, but with their recently expanded backstory for the different clans and orc culture I think they even work in the backseat.

What is when your second Kidney fails?

Yes, I know this, but the point I tried to made is that Blizzard's writing for Blood Elves in recent times is generic and boring, not that they really should remove them.

I don't.

I don't.
    Last edited by George Lucas; 2018-01-08 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I guess you tried to come up with something that's as silly as possible.
    This thread is clearly mimicking the equally silly thread of "Why High Elves are no longer needed and should never be added".

10+ Year Old Account
    I have made my point and as of now your have not said anything related to the topic. Also I don't think that the poster you mentioned agrees with me, he just was the only which participated adequately in this thread, so I tried to further the discussion by replying to his post.
    Well he was the closest you could get (believing Blood Elves and Forsaken should form an association of Scourge victims) since literally removing Blood Elves is quite a dumb proposal, one your shallow arguments didn't contribute in making it look any smarter. And no, not only those who partially agree with you partecipate "adequately" to your thread. I, for once, told you that Blood Elves don't need to be removed but other Horde races need be better handled. But if all you want is an echo chamber, hey, just be honest and I'll leave this thread at once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    God no. I am not strong enough.

/10char
    How can you say that after facing the High Elf tide of these last weeks?