Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Partly because retail has become such a RNG grindfest shitshow for so many that they're willing to try anything else.
    Vanilla loot acquisition is even worse than lives. You can clear content for a year and never get best in slot or a wanted drop but that's not possible on live.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Vanilla loot acquisition is even worse than lives. You can clear content for a year and never get best in slot but that's possible on live.
    It doesn't matter when the perception is that Legion is a PITA for loot/gear and then several other things like templates, pruning, etc. At the same time I don't think a Vanilla/Classic type of regression will last long; at best it'll hold a relative few die-hards but otherwise fizzle out.

Partly because retail has become such a RNG grindfest shitshow for so many that they're willing to try anything else.
    Here's a question: which of these two ways do you prefer?

A) you grind every day for two months to get "reward X"; or
    B) you grind every day for a chance to get "reward X", which could take between a week to two months to acquire?

Didn't Vanilla have a shit ton of grinding?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It doesn't matter when the perception is that Legion is a PITA for loot/gear and then several other things like templates, pruning, etc. At the same time I don't think a Vanilla/Classic type of regression will last long; at best it'll hold a relative few die-hards but otherwise fizzle out.
    I'm not excusing legion grind but Vanilla was so much goddamn worse. The Thunderfury was way more rng than anything in legion.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-01-08 at 06:18 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

You people gave this thread 9 pages? Sigh... when will you learn how to use the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm sorry but what guild is making people actively farm gear to roll avoidance?
    I said for pushing high keys buddy, and if by useful you mean you don't get 1 shot yes
    Last edited by superhumanj; 2018-01-08 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Didn't Vanilla have a shit ton of grinding?
    Maybe those classic players enjoy the life-long grind that they consider it as an endless content, idk.

But, this is just purely out of my curiousity. WoW Classic was like 13 years ago or so. Back when most of us were in college or school, when we had most of our free time playing hardcore, grind the shit out, etc. But as today, when most of us already has job and family, how would you deal with the time for those grinding? Let alone the long pace levelling. Won't you get tired out in the middle game? I myself is already quit this game because of my working time is so hectic that i can't even dedicate my time to any raid group anymore. I also kinda wonder how long the community will last, with Battle for Azeroth is also coming along. Will they just quit playing current WoW altogether and just play Classic forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    Great comment, add it to the thousands of others saying the exact same. I'm trying to get people who are hyped about the game who played it way back when and haven't dabbled in the dark arts of illegality to perhaps not get so hyped to avoid disappointment. I was so hyped, dabbled, now deflated because the chasm of combat gameplay between Vanilla and retail is incomparable.

I was hyped precisely because I played Vanilla, and despite always remembering the flaws, the rose-tinted batty glasses had actually seeped through my eyeballs and into my skull.
    funny we can say the same about your OP. Every other person says "lol are you guys SURE you wanna play this piece of shit?" Well... yes we're sure, we currently play an incredibly flawed and poorly built version of this exact game, and have played it for years, and have waited and begged for a blizzard quality polished version of this exact game.

Well we don't know what changes they'll be keeping when they port vanilla over to the modern client so it's way too early to say. My guess is that they'll use just enough to make it flow and feel like a modern Blizzard quality experience while keeping most of the inconveniences and rough edges and not change the gameplay experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if I'm completely overestimating the amount of interest in Classic, but I literally don't get it anymore. I was swept up in the atomic hype after the initial announcement, Vanilla was great, lots and lots of flaws but overall a great era for WoW with a very different experience to retail.

Because of said hype, I shuffled onto a private blizzlike server like a naughty little pipsqueak and I pissed myself with excitement.. for about 2 hours (even though I played it for 2 weeks afterwards).
    I experienced the exact same thing around the announcement of Classic WoW. I too did the exact same thing I figured I would find a private server and see if this was something I was interested in. See if it was something I would still be interested in playing after all these years. I played vanilla from January 5 2005 until they released TBC. Once I got onto the private server I fell back in love with WoW again over the next two weeks I got up to level 30. And decided to quite the private server life. Not because I was bored or I had done this content before. Because I was having such a blast playing the old game with the old mechanics and play styles. That i did not want to invest all this time into a private server just to start over when the official Classic servers came out.

The gameplay is just terrible combat wise, it's just some weird, crappy simulator with zero difficulty in playing a class correctly. So many people complain about the game being dumbed down mechanically in retail but truly, madly, deeply, Vanilla is some grade A child-level style of play. Thus consequently, my hype was set ablaze.
    I understand where you coming from. However that is purely subjective. What you did not enjoy others will. And thats ok! the game will not be for everyone again. Your interests changed. And thats ok! Just understand some people like myself included really enjoy that "Weird, crappy simulator with zero difficulty" as you put it. And we really want to experience that on an official server. Somewhere where out time vested will not be lost at a moments notice.

If you enjoy this monotonous gameplay then fine, but are there any of you people who are hyped but haven't actually played it in years and just remember the good times? I urge you to get up to some mischief and realise how boring it is, and save yourself from the disappointment of when it does actually get released in 2046, rather than let your hopes and dreams straggle along into the depths of Xavius' left tit.

As the wise White Wizard once doth proclaimed, "Harken to me!!!"
    I got hyped due to the announcement. Found a private server. Played till level 30. Stopped because I was too excited for what was to come that I did not want to invest anymore time in a private server and wait for the real ting. So I did the exact same thing as you and it only made me want Vanilla even more!
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

I for one cannot wait to go back to pre LFD days. LFD is the single worst thing they ever did to this game and it has not been the same since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Here's a question: which of these two ways do you prefer?

A) you grind every day for two months to get "reward X"; or
    B) you grind every day for a chance to get "reward X", which could take between a week to two months to acquire?

If given a choice when I have to grind, I'd rather know when it will end and what reward is at the end of it, instead of an indefinite RNG hamster wheel dice roll. I think that's what burns the ass of most players who've left Legion or hate the way they've set it up.

Then add the stupid pruning of abilities, templates (which did nothing to help PvP <> PvE but only wrecked PvP participation), and other ill-conceived changes and you have the recipe for a shitty version of WoW.

If given a choice when I have to grind, I'd rather know when it will end and what reward is at the end of it, instead of an indefinite RNG hamster wheel dice roll. I think that's what burns the ass of most players who've left Legion or hate the way they've set it up.
    But both times you know when the grind will end (when you get your reward) and what the reward is at the end of it ("reward X").

Then add the stupid pruning of abilities, templates (which did nothing to help PvP <> PvE but only wrecked PvP participation), and other ill-conceived changes and you have the recipe for a shitty version of WoW.[/QUOTE]
    Pruning of abilities: more than necessary. I was running out of hotkey bars and keybinds for all the abilities the classes were getting.
    Templates: did it really lower PvP participation? I recall a big issue in PvP were players in top PvP gear dancing around other players who didn't have as much gear, which would make entrance into PvP mid- to late season akin to climbing up a steeper and steeper mountain.

I no lifed it back in vanilla and BC. I can't do that anymore, I don't even have a wife and kids. I just don't have it in me to sit and grind and grind and grind the same thing over and over again like I did back then. Classic is a great thought, but that's all it is for me anymore. I know the thought of it sounds amazing, the reality is something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Pruning of abilities: more than necessary. I was running out of hotkey bars and keybinds for all the abilities the classes were getting.
    Templates: did it really lower PvP participation? I recall a big issue in PvP were players in top PvP gear dancing around other players who didn't have as much gear, which would make entrance into PvP mid- to late season akin to climbing up a steeper and steeper mountain.

Yes it did - rated PvP lost between 60-70% of it's former players due to those factors (templates, pruning, forcing PvE to get ilvl gear, endless RNG instead of earning currency to buy vendor items, ability to build your toon the way you want, etc.). The ladders told the story fairly early in the xpac. Little room for outplaying with just a few buttons since most classes have been dumbed down. There were several threads on this in the PvP forum.

I've played on a few servers, and you know what...I love it, every moment, I am back home.
    Vanilla isn't for everyone, and those people aren't the target audience.

Deleted
    WoW, now I better go into the bfa forums to warn the people there that its going to be legion 2.0 aka WoD 3.0 aka shit.
    Im glad you made this experience. My 5 years of fun on privarservers where a lie. I never had fun, Its shit. Thanks for opening my eyes. Ill just play retail now, do some lfr and faceroll my character 110 shitty levels to repeat the same dungeons over and over again to get a chance to upgrade my item. Sounds better.

Oh boy another thread of some nerd who thinks his opinion matters to those who want these and is going to change our mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine to have an opinion on the matter, but it's not really constructive to come into the classic subforum just to call classic wow "crap."

Very little of this thread, from the OP onward, has resulted in actual meaningful dialogue, so locking.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |