Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Ill be voting for John Cena personally. Just as likeable without coming across as fake like the rock.
    I still think you guys are looking at personalities that are too top-shelf.

Based on the current level of third rate reality TV president, I predict the next candidate will be The Situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I still think you guys are looking at personalities that are too top-shelf.

Based on the current level of third rate reality TV president, I predict the next candidate will be The Situation.
    i don't know. i think we could use somebody from "the room" i mean it can't be worse than donald trump right?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    you can only fight stupid with stupid.

the legions of retards would vote the rock in just like the legions of retards voted trump in.

and yeah, basically, it'd be obama 2.0.
    He's reportedly registered as a Republican, so how is that Obama 2.0? He also loves America and is patriotic. Loving America and being left wing isn't compatible.
    Last edited by slitheroutfromtherocks; 2018-01-08 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    okay. let's start by outlawing the gop. so whose laws are so ineffective now?

- - - Updated - - -

i'll vote for him just to spite you.

- - - Updated - - -

my favorite are the ones that come in and scream about how great our internet is and how the free market will fix everything for the isp situation. LOLOLOLOLS.
    My internet is perfectly fine except for all the douchebags that charge toll fees to keep my bill high. Like municipalities and electric companies
    that think their precious power poles are made of gold or something. They are part of the problem because we don't need all these extra cooks in the kitchen simply there to profit while really not doing anything special.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slitheroutfromtherocks View Post
    He's reportedly registered as a Republican, so how is that Obama 2.0? He also loves America and is patriotic. Loving America and being left wing isn't compatible.
    Oh democrats would get behind anybody they think will win the 'popular' vote. Then blame russians, racists, bigots, etc when they lose again.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2018-01-08 at 03:45 AM.

Weird. I thought providers pinky-swore this wouldn't happen. It's almost as businesses aren't your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Weird. I thought providers pinky-swore this wouldn't happen. It's almost as businesses aren't your friend.
    Free market will fix it, capitalism, internet was fine pre 2015 etc etc

Kids anytime a lawyer is asking for "light touch" regulation over and over and bringing up the previous presidents name like the boogie man, double check everything they are actually saying

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    3 more years and this will all be over.

as much as i want tulsi gabbard to win, i hope the rock actually runs. cause you know people would fucking vote him in. he'd mostly do the trick to undo all this bad shit.
    Don't be so sure. The Rock is a Republican. He will do as much bollox as the rest of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    If the FCC proposed to have a new name for speeds above current broadband, you'd see an ulterior motive in that as well. "Boohoo, now that they killed net neutrality, they want to put the bar for what can be called broadband higher to limit potential competition in one more way", etc.

Face it, you are simply responding to any news regarding FCC negatively no matter how irrelevant they are. Because of your stance on net neutrality.
    Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize we should give a company (oh my bad, organization), out to monetize the American people, good light. They are trying to turn the internet into a market like cable is. It's pretty obvious at this point.

Kids anytime a lawyer is asking for "light touch" regulation over and over and bringing up the previous presidents name like the boogie man, double check everything they are actually saying
    Well to be fair net neutrality didn't actually fix any of the problems we still have with internet in the US. It did get netlfix nationwide acceptance and now tv providers are including it alongside what they are offering. Though content providers will make moves pretty soon to try to differentiate to the dismay of certain companies. The same thing happened during net neutrality so like I said before nothing was different with it than with out it. You guys got duped into some change you could believe in but the truth hurts now lol.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2018-01-08 at 04:48 AM.

Keep the thread on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Well to be fair net neutrality didn't actually fix any of the problems we still have with internet in the US. It did get netlfix nationwide acceptance and now tv providers are including it alongside what they are offering. Though content providers will make moves pretty soon to try to differentiate to the dismay of certain companies. The same thing happened during net neutrality so like I said before nothing was different with it than with out it. You guys got duped into some change you could believe in but the truth hurts now lol.
    Change like how they are already lowering wireless speed just because why not?

You dont understand what net neutrality is you are too hung up on "OBAMA IS BAD"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    You guys REALLY want idiocracy to happen
    I honestly don't think it would be, though. Because at least Johnson would get good advisers and actually give a shit about the country as a whole.

On Topic: No one should be surprised by this. It reminds me a bit of the pearl clutching going on about Sessions rescinding the JD's guidelines with respect to weed - he's only been saying he would for years at this point. It's the same with Pai. We've known since he was initially nominated that he was in the pocket of Verizon and Comcast.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I wonder if in the end it was wise for Lefties to make it a political fault line.

All Obama did was come out in support of it. It's not his fault the gop turns any and everything into a partisan issue. Can we ever blame right wingers for their mistakes instead of trying equalize shit all day jesus christ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Don't worry guys, just 3 more years and it will be back to the normal less shitty state. That is if you don't go all in and vote him in for another 4 years. To be fair that wouldn't surprise me one bit.
    If Trump gets elected again malayasia or singapoore here I come. I also have Canadian citizenship, I could go there....
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    If charisma can be considered a trait in rp games, then someone in real life can use it to their advantage
    Sure, I can agree with that.

But I was talking competence. A smooth talker who doesn't know what he's doing, still doesn't know what he's doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Sure, I can agree with that.

But I was talking competence. A smooth talker who doesn't know what he's doing, still doesn't know what he's doing.
    *shrug* if he convinces people he does, he'll still get the job
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    It was put in place for a reason. ISPs were blocking competitive services and doing the type of shit NN is supposed to stop.

Deleted
    But there is an option to upgrade for additional speed, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    No one considers that "good". I'm in a decent size city, so I get 200M/20M and that is consider good, I could even have 300M/20M but it's not worth the cost. Even 200M is overkill for what I really need day to day. Hell even the base level service of 50M would probably do it for me. The better conversation might be had around cost per M or something. Is $100 for 200M service way to high, high but not to bad, cheap?

The basics of this is "What counts as Broadband service." At what speed do you say, "That's not broadband that just service" I'm out of the loop on the terms, not that long ago Broadband pretty much meant you had a constant always on connection that come in via Cable TV or Phone. It was always faster than dialup so there wasn't a need to take a speed on it.

Now I guess we're debating on what gets to count as Broadband wireless versus just generic wireless. I need to read more about it. I don't really care what label is on it, I only look at the speeds offered and the price. The issue should more be around does the actual speed match the advertised speed

Not sure what options you have, but if you live in most American areas you are probably limited to 2 ISP choices, Whatever your cable provider has or your Phone company(DSL). Does anyone really look at the word "Broadband" to determine which one they will go with? Or do they look at the packages\price?

My parents live far enough out in the country they don't even get cable. So their choice is DSL, and the max speed is 10M, because they are at the edge of the line. So it doesn't matter what labels we stick on it, they have 1 choice and limited to a max speed of X.
    Just Curious what would you pay for 300/20MBit?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Since we are giving advice to each other now, when you uncover the big secret that they are doing it in order to reduce benchmarks and standards or whatever it is that you think is going to harm customers, feel free to share. Before that, this thread is just noise about nothing. Which is what I am saying. For some reason you are calling my saying "this change is irrelevant and you guys complain about nothing" a "defense" of the change, but this isn't the first time I see bad use of dictionary on these forums, so whatever.

PS: And I don't think you will find anything, because this, again, is just an inconsequential change likely done in order to make some report look better, that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. /10ch
    Just curious if it is as inconsequential as you say, why are they changing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Just curious if it is as inconsequential as you say, why are they changing it?
    It's right in the text you quoted - "...just an inconsequential change likely done in order to make some report look better, that's it."

"Inconsequential" in this phrase means inconsequential to users.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    But there is an option to upgrade for additional speed, right?
    This is just regarding how fast a connection must be to be called broadband.
    Has no bearing on what speeds are offered by isps.
    Just means they can call slower connections broadband now, and that though magic a larger % of the population has access to what is defined as broadband.