Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nope...

Blizzard restored my original character (for the life me, I don't see how it survived for thirteen years), and it's on a PvE realm. I don't have to worry about ganking, trolls, BS from other players, etc. In all honesty, I haven't had this much fun for years. Log online... do what you want to do... log off... outside of the AI, nobody bothers me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Mwah, they should make him un-killable then. Not smart to create such a bottleneck.

I've kited this boss around for hours on a Sunday once, without any concequences.
    cuz u got no reports. get them and you will get banned

Not really.

I feel bad for the pro PVPER'S who fought other player's of equal footing.

I feel kind of bad for ganker's since they can't be assholes to lowbie's, but since they are ganker's. Fuck them in the ass.

/absorbed into the Light

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who plays mostly Horde on a 1:2 H:A PvP realm, no.
    im cool pls respodn

World PvP is an unsupported joke no matter whether it's opt-in or not. Blizzard doesn't care and will never care. These token changes are more for goodwill points during their advertising campaigns than anything else.

If they wanted to actually make World PvP thrive, they easily could. But they do not give a fuck and would rather confine PvP to small boxes rather than take advantage of the huge open world they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not really. Different server types are a bit archaic nowadays anyway imo.

Can't say I'll miss a 110 camping me in HFP 20 times in a row because they can't deal with anyone the same level as them and turn tail and run the minute a 110 shows up to fight them.

There should be dedicated RP servers though. Makes sense.
    Pretty much. From all the talks from people how they miss WPVP, I do not know what is stopping them from forming a raid group and attack the enemy cities.

That is world PVP right there.

Im not really surprised that 90% of the players are soft and weak pve players who can only get ganked because they cant win a pvp fight anyway. when mindcontrolling people down the abyss in argus 90% of the (pve) players cant even find the trinket in time. the other 10% are pvp'ers and will use trinket instantly and or even counterspell/ silence etc while Im casting. what a sad state wow has turned into.
    in vanilla people were forged in the unforgiving crucible of strangle. to level you dont even leave og/sw anymore today.

And I bet all my gold that all players will keep pv turned off because the incentives to turn it on will be none-existent. I mean remember the wpvp goals ever? some stupid reward no one wants.

btw I play outland horde: it's 90% alliance.

With the brokeness that has been World PVP for a few expansions now. No, I won't miss PVP servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already miss pvp servers. Legion completely killed wpvp, and so did WoD with all the cancerous OP toys. MoP was the last great wpvp times we will have. I've accepted it and moved on, time to exclusively use battlegrounds cuz they are obsessed with 1shot powerups and retarded gear.

I am on arguably the best wpvp server (ED) and the only wpvp you see now is people trading attacks on stormwind/orgrimar. In argus and everywhere else people avoid it like the plague cuz we all know it's complete bullshit now. Do your WQ and go back to queuecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliessa View Post
    Im not really surprised that 90% of the players are soft and weak pve players who can only get ganked because they cant win a pvp fight anyway. when mindcontrolling people down the abyss in argus 90% of the (pve) players cant even find the trinket in time. the other 10% are pvp'ers and will use trinket instantly and or even counterspell/ silence etc while Im casting. what a sad state wow has turned into.
    in vanilla people were forged in the unforgiving crucible of strangle. to level you dont even leave og/sw anymore today.
    I mean if people don't pvp why would they bother having the trinket keybound/on their bar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    This is stupid.
    How can we know if we will miss PvP servers if we have no idea how things are going to be in BfA?
    There is no such thing as pvp servers anymore. They are just gank servers where you kill people unprepared that have intentions else where.

Killing unwilling, unprepared, and outmatched opponents is not pvp.

Groups of people haven't met up at crossroads regularly to get honor for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Set the ashes on fire and piss on their grave.

They're only dead for some of us, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    There is no such thing as pvp servers anymore. They are just gank servers where you kill people unprepared that have intentions else where.

Killing unwilling, unprepared, and outmatched opponents is not pvp.

Groups of people haven't met up at crossroads regularly to get honor for years.
    That is how wpvp has been from the start but normally you wouldn't be 100 to 0 health in a second, that is why it sucks now. If you cannot handle wpvp which is ganking and subsequent groups forming to battle it out then idk what to tell you but it has NEVER been different. People envision this perfect wpvp which never existed, it always starts with a gank or a camp.

Anyway another issue is Blizzard removing world defense so you don't know what's being attacked anymore unless someone says in /4

10+ Year Old Account
    Waited for the removal of PvP servers for 13 years, finally it's here!

I have always played on PvP servers BUT not for the PvP sake. Over the years, in general, the best servers, both best guilds, most players, biggest auction house etc etc, have been on PvP servers. For that reason I felt "forced" to play on a PvP server, only there could I find the biggest pool of guilds etc as awell as the best economy goldwise etc. Overall, PvE servers were less populated.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    I mean if people don't pvp why would they bother having the trinket keybound/on their bar?
    because they are on a pvp realm. if you dont want to do pvp feel free to move to a pve realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    That is how wpvp has been from the start but normally you wouldn't be 100 to 0 health in a second, that is why it sucks now.
    you do realise that there was a patch and that doesnt happen anymore, except in some rare cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Waited for the removal of PvP servers for 13 years, finally it's here!
    my favourite are people like you who want the world to adapt to their liking without any regards what other players think or want. peak selfishness and self-centred.
    Last edited by Eliessa; 2018-01-08 at 12:05 PM.

because they are on a pvp realm. if you dont want to do pvp feel free to move to a pve realm.

you do realise that there was a patch and that doesnt happen anymore, except in some rare cases.

my favourite are people like you who want the world to adapt to their liking without any regards what other players think or want. peak selfishness and self-centred.
    Or I could just stay on these servers now since the PvP toggle is on it's way?

Can't wait to finally quest in HFP with friends without a 110 coming to gank us and then run away when anyone tries to attack him back.

I originally went PvP back in vanilla because it made more sense lore-wise and felt right (also my brother was on a PvP server). However, I have since realised that actual world PvP is rare. It's mostly just trolling and ganking. People taking advantage of having safety in numbers or killing another player that is otherwise occupied with something else. 85% of player vs player action out in the world is just ganking and camping.

7+ Year Old Account

Question

This isn't easy to explain, but I will try...

There is difference between being able to fight and wanting to fight and it's exactly PvP+PvE (servers)vs(toggle) issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    because they can, because it's their choice, because game (as it sure should be) doesn't make any choice for you, doesn't impose anything in this situation, it's pure freedom (PvE server don't have it, rules are more restricted there, that, by the way, why many people don't choose it)
    They annihilate element of moral choice by their decision. All were on the same server with the same rules and legal (not material/not complicated/"not hardcore") escape didn't exest back then - ie meeting of two characters of opposing factions led both owners to this choice. There won't be any moral choice now - "You can always go back to the city, push the button for leave any fight activity, and since you didn't do this, that means that you're the one who should be blamed for the fact that I'm killing you and there is no problem with my moral choice. You always have very easy solution to this". Moreover, new mode won't only "not condemn", but rather encourage decision to attack. Which'll lead community to an even more embittered state. There is also second negative psychological consequence/experience: easier to avoid, means less reasons for resistance/mutual assistance (group activity)/progression (learning, finding solutions)/confrontation (meetings) (it's very funny considering what they tried to achieve by this change). Ie this all is completely different condition and shape than PvP-server, and has nothing to do with it. Lets go ahead...

In fact, 2 options for idea development here (in this thread) have already been approximately explained, and none of them is interesting from the point of view of old-school WPvP:
    1) everyone walks around without touching anyone, getting bonuses and laughing at silly Blizzard and their stupid ideas;
    2) PvP is populated by organized groups that cut out singles (now already without any remorse on their part and public condemnation/compassion).

In other words, when they give such technical "dynamic"/easy-access/fast/"casual" (it's more sarcasm, but still I'll add it) choice, in fact they just deprive players from such real choice (which was healthy enough when there was 2 server types). No, it's not a good idea.

Will this save (w)PvP? No, of course not! They need normal class design, and not something been cut into specializations/PvE/PvP non-working pieces. This should be the whole working system, not the pieces of *** on the fan. ...loot progression system, social(group)/guild system and other stuff. There is no way to avoid this, game doesn't consist of pieces, it's a whole solid system of dependencies. The way they behave now is more like trying to imitate little monkeys "team likes this and team likes that...", but, in fact, wisdom isn't the thing that being feeling in them.

ps. I guarantee that flexible-option systems (more conditions) are always easy to exploit (literally, it's the main task of "smart person" to bring system into similar state for easy breaking it), just give it a little time. Such ideas are foolish and ineffective by definition. The less significant consequences of choice, the less person entrust own responsibility for it.
    aluser
    Which was given up when we gained shards because our server choice suddenly didn't matter just a play style choice made when we had different circumstances and switching chars.
    From your argument i guess that you also consider it fair game to have sex with a person that is too drunk as well as other forms of "Victim blaming".

I see it as difference of opinion on how you build communities because i am sure that i am not alone in having moderate interest in pvp/wpvp 10+ years ago when my time wasn't very limited while today i have no desire for it but i don't wanna leave my guild to go to a pveserver because several of them still enjoy being on a pvpserver.

Toggle isn't a problem but participation bonuses is.
    Don't compare soft with warm, it's (what you're talking about) unlawfull mean incomparable with something what is free choice. That's why this was an exclusively moral choice, and now it will be a banal provocation. These things (your ex.) can't be compared in any possible way, you are apparently too weak in analogy Will you condemn someone for attacking those who are engaged in their own affairs on battleground (av? =toggle="new-way" open world)? And now the same question for "old-way" open world... - That's what is called a true analogy. War mode isn't fraction/resources (old true wPvP, alternative-link since old forums are dead) fight, but just exactly "killing-for-killing mode" (ganking/BG - instance mode pvp). For completeness the picture remains to add Arena rule into it (no fractions - all against all except those in the group).

Conclusion: No choice or spontaneity of situation, only monotonous methodical murdering = bored and depressingly sad.

Did you like Ashran? But this is exactly what this toggle is and this is what you are going to get on a global scale. I won't be surprised if this idea was left as last will to the team by Holinka himself before leaving.

By the way, even you could understand at least {one true thing} from my message - division of solid server into anything is wrong decision (shards/phasing/CRZ/whatever else sh*t). Solid should stay solid for every person - this is how world in MMORPG should be designed. So, any change that goes against this rule shouldn't even be considered (and, for your information, scaling goes to the same trash bin, for not only frustrate progress and rewards system, but also makes open world adjust to the player, when everything should happen exact opposite).

People saying that dev-s tried something like this before and this didn't work as intended (well, at least it didn't violate design and was implemented according to game world rules back then), so what's changed since?

The end.

ps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    you, as well as devs, continue to not understand what wPvP really is - it's unorganized, not specifically motivated, unpredictable process): so about WM - either there is incentive and this is BG, or there is no incentive and this is ghost town.

= = = = simple proof from point of healthy game conditions = = = =
    since, from game's adequate technical side, in order to receive rewards (and nobody needs it without rewarding), you need to participate in more or less complication-balanced activity, activity with at least some complexity (matching rewards to "labor-time"), and it can't be organized in framework of current WM design (whole world toggle)... so it have to be BG (which is only working such one here, balance&rewards, but with commitment, no choice in participation, was built for mandatory fight activity) and PvP servers (which is about no balance&rewards, but about every minute freedom of choice) should be returned. Q.E.D.
    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-02-03 at 11:49 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what tells me you're on a pve server. It still happens, the only thing still noticeable from that hotfix is the kiljaeden trinket damage is pitiful. Anyone can still 1shot you are simply uninformed, I would be happy to show you in game, hell I'll 1shot you in any tank spec if you got one. You can choose between my sub rogue or fury war lol.

Will I miss people killing other players 50+ levels lower than them? No, definitely not!