• No

72 91.14%
  • don't care

2 2.53%

Thread: LFR and classic

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LFR and classic

Given that raids were extremely heavily gated in Classic, would it be a good idea to implement LFR so more than just a few percent of people (today's equivalent of mid to top end mythic raiders) can experience a form of that content?

7+ Year Old Account
    The thing I enjoyed most about vanilla wow was the sense of community, I knew almost everyone that I grouped up with. Introducing LFR or even dungeon finder would destroy that core part of what made the vanilla wow experience.

no.. LFG/R murdered community so keep it away from classic.. keep playing legion if you want a solo player game.. classic IS NOT FOR THE SOLO PLAYER.... unless you only aspire to farm crafting materials at 60 you should not be playing classic.

Hahahaha...
    No.

Now i am waiting for battle pets idea thread...

Is this bait? I really hope this is bait

No don't add LFD/LFR at all.

So the community can finally learn that it wasn't LFD/LFR that killed the community, The community killed itself.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Well, there's a channel for LFG, what more do you want? Some automated grouping tool? That would be silly, wouldn't it?
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

The issue with trying to get back what vanilla had is we have all been exposed to the new ways of wow and while in our head it sounds good on paper to go back to where it all started I feel a lot of people will experience this, then start moaning about what they should add to lessen the experience. I'm with Bethanie on keeping it how it was as I knew everyone on my server, if you saw someone, you knew they were good or bad. the downside to this is the new vanilla won't have as many players as it did before so 40man might be hard to come by and then what does blizzard do then? tune for flex? leave it at 40 and let everyone struggle? allow cross server grouping?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    Given that raids were extremely heavily gated in Classic, would it be a good idea to implement LFR so more than just a few percent of people (today's equivalent of mid to top end mythic raiders) can experience a form of that content?
    No it would hurt the community more then help it. Given Vanilla is all about community. Plus you will easily be able to find a pug for MC or BWL. Hell there will be causal guilds that will clear up to AQ40. Naxx will be a little different. But given the amount of time we will have to experience Vanilla WoW this time around. There will be no difficulty clearing all raids on Classic WoW given the amount of time and knowledge the player base has this time around.

Plus these "Extremely heavily gated" content in vanilla was not that difficult to attain attunment to all the raids in a weekend. If were looking at MC and BWL you could easily get those within a night if you had a 5 man group who can run UBRS and BRD. Hell you are going to have more difficulty finding someone with a UBRS key then someone with attunment to MC.

Besides the onyxia and AQ20/40 attunement(which is a world event that required server wide participation.) Those two instances were really the only two IMHO that were difficult and time consuming to get attuned for
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

Well I was asking myself who will be able to see Naxxrams?
    And since you have to spend like 6 hours per ID killing trash, probably another hour or two because someone in your 40 man raid has a DC, has to go to the bathroom or is otherwise AFK, another hour or two for downtimes between pulls because you don't have mass ress. You kinda have to raid four to five days a week at the least or you might as well not bother. Grinding/raid Prep probably takes you another half an hour per raid hour so you're looking at a commitment of at least ~25 hours per week. Which is the equivalent of a 6-7 day mythic guild in current wow.

Taking the current raiding enviroment as an (very rough) indicator (wowprogress guilds with 6-7 raids per week):
    In the US only limit raid these hours, so no Naxxramas for US players.
    For EU_EN there are currently four guilds raiding 6-7 days.

Now keep in mind it takes twice as many players to raid classic and progress would likely last longer than the typical two weeks that guilds have to take off for current tiers.

How many people would see Kel'Thuzad without some kind of change?

5+ Year Old Account
    nise b8 m8 but u are 2 L8 with the classic h8.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I was asking myself who will be able to see Naxxrams?
    And since you have to spend like 6 hours per ID killing trash, probably another hour or two because someone in your 40 man raid has a DC, has to go to the bathroom or is otherwise AFK, another hour or two for downtimes between pulls because you don't have mass ress.
    You had my attention till right there. Serious question. Do you honestly think it takes an "Hour or two" to get the raid rezzed and back together for another wipe?

Depending on where the raid wiped. I know when I was raiding naxx. When we wipped everyone would just run back, heal everyone, and buff everyone took no more then 15 minutes. Usually was able (Again depending on where in the instance the wipe happened). Like if you wipe at C'thun in AQ40 yeah I could see 20-30 minutes. Because 10 minutes of that is just walking / riding your mount back to the boss room.

Then again this purely subjective some raids have their shit together and are communicating well with other another. So i could see how it might take 30 minutes between wipes. But an "Hour or two" yeah thats putting it on a little thick there.

A small portion of the raiding community will see naxx in the first year. After a year everyone should be seeing it. Time is on our side this time. And time is all we need to see Naxx not LFR.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

Quote Originally Posted by shifu View Post
    You had my attention till right there. Serious question. Do you honestly think it takes an "Hour or two" to get the raid rezzed and back together for another wipe?

Depending on where the raid wiped. I know when I was raiding naxx. When we wipped everyone would just run back, heal everyone, and buff everyone took no more then 15 minutes. Usually was able (Again depending on where in the instance the wipe happened). Like if you wipe at C'thun in AQ40 yeah I could see 20-30 minutes. Because 10 minutes of that is just walking / riding your mount back to the boss room.

Then again this purely subjective some raids have their shit together and are communicating well with other another. So i could see how it might take 30 minutes between wipes. But an "Hour or two" yeah thats putting it on a little thick there.

A small portion of the raiding community will see naxx in the first year. After a year everyone should be seeing it. Time is on our side this time. And time is all we need to see Naxx not LFR.
    I fear for your attention if you can't comprehend the meaning of "per id"

10+ Year Old Account
    I fear for your attention if you can't comprehend the meaning of "per id"
    Edit: Ok I understand where you coming from here. My bad. Deleted my post.
    Last edited by shifu; 2018-01-08 at 02:36 PM.

NO. Part of the reason was that everyone you invited to your raid had to contact you (the raid leader) via chat. You had to a have a brief conversation and communicate with the person which aided in recognizing whether the person was normal or an idiot based on his/hers grammar and style of writing, i.e. communication before an invite was given served as a filter for the raid-leader to determine whether to invite the person or not. In LFR you have no control over this. Plus in Vanilla the classes really have to be hand-picked.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

LFR wasn't in classic - therefore, LFR won't be in classic.

Why are there so many threads asking for classic to not be classic ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    NO. Part of the reason was that everyone you invited to your raid had to contact you (the raid leader) via chat. You had to a have a brief conversation and communicate with the person which aided in recognizing whether the person was normal or an idiot based on his/hers grammar and style of writing, i.e. communication before an invite was given served as a filter for the raid-leader to determine whether to invite the person or not. In LFR you have no control over this. Plus in Vanilla the classes really have to be hand-picked.
    So how many Naxx bosses did you kill with your hand picked random raids? I'm not even sure about random raids clearing AQ40 or even BWL.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    LFR wasn't in classic - therefore, LFR won't be in classic.

Why are there so many threads asking for classic to not be classic ?

Stable/fast internet wasn't in classic either for vast amounts of people. Maybe Blizzard should introduce a lag simulator?

Stick to retail then kid.

Stable/fast internet wasn't in classic either for vast amounts of people.
    Still isn't available option for many today.... that's not a classic only issue.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Stop this baiting thread please