Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Zandalari demoniac

Soo the title says it all. They are warlocks who bounds demon soul inside of them. Could this mean that there is some zandalari demon hunter ? Of course with the differences are as big ad a shaman and witch doctor(ingame these are the same if u are a troll)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    Soo the title says it all. They are warlocks who bounds demon soul inside of them. Could this mean that there is some zandalari demon hunter ? Of course with the differences are as big ad a shaman and witch doctor(ingame these are the same if u are a troll)
    Demon Hunters are those who followed Illidan's teachings. Demoniacs have a similar concept but I doubt they would have the same fighting style or techniques.
    Some may overlap but i'd think they wouold focus on different ways of using their demonic powers
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Deleted
    I know who the demon hunters are. But if u look closely which doctors and shamans are the same ingame, and totally different lorewise.
    My question meant that this could be possible ingame, looking at the shaman/doctor results above

Races need more separation between classes, not less.

I know who the demon hunters are. But if u look closely which doctors and shamans are the same ingame, and totally different lorewise.
    My question meant that this could be possible ingame, looking at the shaman/doctor results above
    What would a Zandalari Demon Hunter/ Demoniac be like mechanically? A new class? Or are you just saying they could exist within the game as an NPC...I'm really not understanding what it is you're trying to discuss here.

But if u look closely which doctors and shamans are the same ingame, and totally different lorewise
    They're not.

Troll Shaman aren't witch doctors, they have some similiarities but a Shaman worships the elements, a Witch doctor has no dealing with the Elements but rather focuses on the spiritual side, very often dabbling into rather dark stuff similiar to necromancy.

Demoniacs are similiar to Demon Hunters, but not the same, they focus on spellcasters rather than Melee fighters.

Could they become Demon Hunters maybe? Probably, but based on that the Demoniacs started off as arcanist / warlock they will not be a Demon Hunter similiar to those that Illidan trained.

It could obviously serve as tool to make Zandalari Demon Hunters possible, but Blizzard won't do that as they make no sense due the Demon Hunters starting experience.

7+ Year Old Account
    Witch Doctors are not shamans. They brew potions, poisons and don't communicate with the elements.
    They are not the same in game either. They might use wards that other could see as totems, but they work differently.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Don't forget the crucial point, witch doctors use voodoo, lots of it. Voodoo is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It could obviously serve as tool to make Zandalari Demon Hunters possible, but Blizzard won't do that as they make no sense due the Demon Hunters starting experience.
    Trolls existed at the time of the Burning Crusade. They would have gone through the Dark Portal just like anyone else to seek out the Legion's destruction. Saving the world, seeking power, familiarity to dark magic, familiarity of agile martial training - a troll makes as close a candidate for Demon Hunter training as elves do.
    Last edited by Razion; 2018-01-10 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Zandalari existed at the time of Burning Crusade. Everyone hates demons and has some beef with the Legion, who slaughters indiscriminately. It isn't unreasonable for a particularly vengeful troll (or any other race that existed during TBC) to seek out Demon Hunters to get the training that would enable them to kill a demon who messed with their family and friends.
    Zandalari didn't give much shit about Demons during the War of the Ancients or 3rd war, but suddenly some of those decide to travel to Outland to join some demon / elf mongrel?

Yeah, nope.

Zandalari didn't give much shit about Demons during the War of the Ancients or 3rd war, but suddenly some of those decide to travel to Outland to join some demon / elf mongrel?

Yeah, nope.
    Like heck they didn't. The Legion is a threat to the entire world.

Like heck they didn't. The Legion is a threat to the entire world.
    So? Didn't stop them from not giving a shit.

Honestly, with this line of thinking you could basically justify any race for Demon Hunter.

So? Didn't stop them from not giving a shit.

Honestly, with this line of thinking you could basically justify any race for Demon Hunter.
    Precisely. You *CAN* justify any race for Demon Hunter.

No, and it's in the same vein as a Forsaken Warrior being different from a Death Knight. Their lore and source is different despite both having similar themes. The Demon Hunter's lore is specific to Illidan. What we have with Demoniacs is more similar to the Warlock green fire quest with the dude who turns himself into a demon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Precisely. You *CAN* justify any race for Demon Hunter.
    The thing is, in a magical world you can literally justify anything, that doesn't mean it's good or logical.

The thing is, in a magical world you can literally justify anything, that doesn't mean it's good or logical.
    I think you mean Fictional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I think you mean Fictional.
    I'd argue that a magical world is always fictional, but that's nitpicking.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd argue that a magical world is always fictional, but that's nitpicking.
    Magic is real guys. You just have to B E L I E V E

I think it would be cool to see the Zandalari have a warrior group similar to the Demon hunters. Illidan didn't write the book on becoming a Demon Hunter, he just was the first and his time as one, active was very short. The abilities he learned, were learned by doing what they do, kill demons, consume their souls and gain their powers. Anyone can do it, they don't have to take his classes.

And ontop of that, I'm sure it would be cool to give a unique starting experience to the Zandalari and an Alliance race to have the Demon Hunters recruit them in a scenario that leads to lvl 100-110. They could restrict it to being you already need a lvl 110 demon hunter to initiate it and remove all the Demon Hunter Order Hall Quests that say "You're the Boss Now". Alliance race I would pick would be Dark Iron's to match an allied race with reasons for using dark powers(dont get technical about them not being agile)

They could even do this for Death Knights too, give newer/allied races a unique scenario of joining. It wouldn't be too hard to add and they could make it fit for all future races too. Requiring an already 110 Death Knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    they were warlocks not demon hunters