Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Exactly.

Unless Blizzard has a massive Void versus Light theme to tackle in the coming years that could impact on both Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei but what are the chances of that happening?
    That is still no excuse for either faction to be open to the players. Blizzard messed up big time and gave the alliance two terrible choices and the Dark Irons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    There's no need of forced contrasts, nor that X race has to be foil of Y or at least not on a constant basis (which was the case of the Silver Covenant and that's one of the reasons why they sucked balls).
    I'm not saying there is, I'm saying it's the kind of thing Blizz might do.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    That is still no excuse for either faction to be open to the players. Blizzard messed up big time and gave the alliance two terrible choices and the Dark Irons.
    void elves are by far the most popular allied race. loud ass complainers like yourself on the forums does not mean velves are terrible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    Umbric says it.

"Silvermoon turned its back on us long ago. Today we are reborn... and it is fitting that we walk a new path. From this day forth, the Alliance has our loyalty."

He recognizes they are a new species of elf, and will need to find their own path.
    Even so, Romath warned them. They found out he was right. >_>'

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    void elves are by far the most popular allied race. loud ass complainers like yourself on the forums does not mean velves are terrible.
    They serve no purpose to the story and only serve to make the edgelords happy. They are pretty terrible.

All elves suck in the Horde.

Garrosh had the right idea.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    And at the same time isn't since orcs are broken elves
    That was theory but never confirmed I thought, the silmarillion is too painful to re-read.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I'm not saying there is, I'm saying it's the kind of thing Blizz might do.
    I doubt that'll ever happen. Well, unless "Blood Elves" will one day become "Light Elves" and everyone will have a sad laugh at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    They serve no purpose to the story and only serve to make the edgelords happy. They are pretty terrible.
    lol they are terrible but let’s face it edgelords make up this entire player base. why you do think illidan is so popular? so as long as they’re happy and giving blizzard $$$ thats all that matters to them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I doubt that'll ever happen. Well, unless "Blood Elves" will one day become "Light Elves" and everyone will have a sad laugh at that.
    Even then, you have people like Rommath who would still be his same old self, just now with glowy yellow eyes.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Even then, you have people like Rommath who would still be his same old self, just now with glowy yellow eyes.
    Or, most likely, he and Lor'themar will part ways with the rest and start their own criminal organization.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

That was theory but never confirmed I thought, the silmarillion is too painful to re-read.
    As far as I remember morgoth found them while they were still very primitive, took a good chunk of them and broke them utterly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Even so, Romath warned them. They found out he was right. >_>'
    Umbric admits he fucked up.
    He acknowledges he let it all go to his head, that he should have stopped, and that he got himself and his people twisted by the void. No excuses, no complaining. Just a simple "I fucked up." Followed by him trying to fix his mistake by joining the faction which isn't going to kill him.

And tbf, I like that, it makes him somewhat relateable, and I hope they have him do more stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Umbric admits he fucked up.
    He acknowledges he let it all go to his head, that he should have stopped, and that he got himself and his people twisted by the void. No excuses, no complaining. Just a simple "I fucked up." Followed by him trying to fix his mistake by joining the faction which isn't going to kill him.

And tbf, I like that, it makes him somewhat relateable, and I hope they have him do more stuff.
    Well, I suppose I can understand a situation of wanting to not die! Still kind of a silly move though to have Void Elves go fight their own kin who didn't do them any wrong other than... you know... exiling them after already warning that what they are doing is a really bad and dangerous thing.

So I personally can't like that choice!

Why would I want more elven development instead of the races that are actually interesting and don't just reflect whatever magic they're currently wielding?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Well, I suppose I can understand a situation of wanting to not die! Still kind of a silly move though to have Void Elves go fight their own kin who didn't do them any wrong other than... you know... exiling them after already warning that what they are doing is a really bad and dangerous thing.

So I personally can't like that choice!
    Well they are joining the Alliance for protection, not to fight Blood Elves. We'll need to see how things go in BFA for clashes between the two.

Although, if anything, it is a very belf thing to do. Your people don't want you anymore? Just shrug and continue to gain power for your own use, even if it's to their detriment. I'm sure some Void Elves are going to be bitter about getting a full banishment instead of just being forbidden from going to Quel'Danas.

Sure it might be a bit irrational, but that's how people are. I can understand feeling abandoned, even if they failed. They wanted to help the Blood Elves and empower them, and were willing to make sacrifices for that. They were banished but they -still- continued working for Silvermoon. But after their transformation is done, it's pretty clear the Silvermoon doesn't want them anymore and they need to find their own path. So if that requires fighting the people who banished them? So be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rommath when he tells the elves not to do the thing, and they did the thing anyways which turned out to fuck them up after he warned them.

Holy shit lol

Rommath when he tells the elves not to do the thing, and they did the thing anyways which turned out to fuck them up after he warned them.

Elves fucking up and causing a lot of collateral damage is a perfectly normal part of Elven learning.

"Horde won the development battle for the elves"

Literaly both group of elves (belfs and nightbornes) are junkies addicted to mana, that devolve into zombie like creatures almost right away if they are cut off their "fix".

Night Elves were the only group wise enough to split themselves from Queen Azshara before she got sunk into the sea.

Void Elves are blood elves alright... so now we getting some of that cancer in Alliance... i dunno if i am happy about it tbh... but i guess there aren't many choices for sub-races or allied races so Bloid elves will have to do...

Quote Originally Posted by JuanFiles View Post
    "Horde won the development battle for the elves"
    Literaly both group of elves (belfs and nightbornes) are junkies addicted to mana, that devolve into zombie like creatures almost right away if they are cut off their "fix".
    Blood elves turn into wretched if they consume too much mana.

Night Elves were the only group wise enough to split themselves from Queen Azshara before she got sunk into the sea.
    The blood elf ancestors also rebelled against Azshara and lived alongside the night elves for a good 2.800 years afterwards.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2018-01-08 at 07:30 PM.