Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    So, turns out Wikileaks is promoting a free pdf. version of the book with a direct link to the google drive download. Can't imagine why Wikileaks, who totally aren't shills for Trump and collaborators with Russia, would take such an intense interest in hurting Wolff's book sales.

Hmmmm...what could it be? I eagerly await the Wikileaks groupies like @Archmage BloodElf4Life explaining how this is totally fine because...
    The book is not available in every country, nor is it accessible to everyone.

And frankly, prevent sales from what? It's already a bestseller. People who wants to buy it already did so.

I wouldn't have bought it, but since it's there for free I'm going to read it. Your argument is similar to the fallacies where people think that illegally downloading games somehow hurt sales. It does not, it's free marketing. If anything, this gave a lot of visibility to the book.

Your hatred of Wikileaks blurs your vision. The book is released uncommented, unedited. It's the real deal.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    We will see. There have already been a few people come out and say that whats in the book, they never said. He has done this before with his other books, its a quick cash grab. Well it was but now that its out for free, I doubt people buy more.
    We will see with what? The WH press office already confirmed over a dozen meetings Trump had with him in the WH, as well as multiple phone conversations, even one minutes after receiving a call from Hillary conceding. He has audio of his interviews, he also has his corroborating alibi that he was in the WH when he did the interviews.

No one has denied anything that is being said in the book. In fact, they approved Miller to go onto CNN to pushback on it, because Trump was incredibly incensed from the veracity of the book. It's not a quick 'grab' for anything, it is the culmination of the most incompetent and inept Administration in the history of the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post

And frankly, prevent sales from what? It's already a bestseller. People who wants to buy it already did so.

I wouldn't have bought it, but since it's there for free I'm going to read it. Your argument is similar to the fallacies where people think that illegally downloading games somehow hurt sales. It does not, it's free marketing. If anything, this gave a lot of visibility to the book.

Your hatred of Wikileaks blurs your vision. The book is released uncommented, unedited. It's the real deal.
    You are calling software piracy marketing, to defend Wikileaks, while telling others their vision is blinded. 0 self awareness...

- - - Updated - - -

We will see. There have already been a few people come out and say that whats in the book, they never said. He has done this before with his other books, its a quick cash grab. Well it was but now that its out for free, I doubt people buy more.
    Are you referring to the lobbyist who said he never met Trump? He recanted it a few hours later, because a guy with the same name that the book was talking about, contacted him and told him the book is about him and is accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    We will see with what? The WH press office already confirmed over a dozen meetings Trump had with him in the WH, as well as multiple phone conversations, even one minutes after receiving a call from Hillary conceding. He has audio of his interviews, he also has his corroborating alibi that he was in the WH when he did the interviews.

No one has denied anything that is being said in the book. In fact, they approved Miller to go onto CNN to pushback on it, because Trump was incredibly incensed from the veracity of the book. It's not a quick 'grab' for anything, it is the culmination of the most incompetent and inept Administration in the history of the US.
    There was a lobbyist who thought the book quoted him and denied it happening. He retweeted later, with a lot less fan fare, that the actual person the book quoted, who shares a name with him, did indeed make those claims.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Future sales are a thing, or were. Or are you deciding because it's best seller he's made enough from it? You get to decide that. WikiLeaks? For what reason?

It's intellectual property, not WikiLeaks'. It violates copyright laws. Failing those reasons though, there's no altruistic motive for this.

Your slobbering of WikiLeaks outright blinds you. I knew when I tagged you what you were going to say about this. You're nothing if not predictable. You can't even offer the slightest of criticisms, and it's pretty funny to watch. Five a person enough rope...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You are calling software piracy marketing, to defend Wikileaks, while telling others their vision is blinded. 0 self awareness...

- - - Updated - - -

Are you referring to the lobbyist who said he never met Trump? He recanted it a few hours later, because a guy with the same name that the book was talking about, contacted him and told him the book is about him and is accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a lobbyist who thought the book quoted him and denied it happening. He retweeted later, with a lot less fan fare, that the actual person the book quoted, who shares a name with him, did indeed make those claims.
    I think you're referring to Mark Berman. If so he's a reporter who denied the quotes and it turned out to be a lobbyist with the same name who made them.

Unless there's another similar issue...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're referring to Mark Berman. If so he's a reporter who denied the quotes and it turned out to be a lobbyist with the same name who made them.
    I believe that’s it. I got the lobbyist part backwards.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post

No, Bannon has come out and said his remarks were about Manafort and not Jr. Said his comments were taken out of context. Also, Tony Blair has come out and said his quotes in the book arent true. Im sure there will be more. This author is a snake, but what does it matter here? Lol. You people hate Trump so much you want to believe everything. Its pretty sad and pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually some of the Chapter Headings were changed, with Os made into Qs. But I doubt many here understand that significance.

No, Bannon has come out and said his remarks were about Manafort and not Jr. Said his comments were taken out of context. Also, Tony Blair has come out and said his quotes in the book arent true. Im sure there will be more. This author is a snake, but what does it matter here? Lol. You people hate Trump so much you want to believe everything. Its pretty sad and pathetic.
    Bannon's half hearted spin, days after the fact, are clearly damage control. Pull your head out of the cheeto hole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Changing Jr to Manafort doesn’t make sense... they were both in that meeting he is talking about and Jr own email show he was driving it. Jr invited Manafort, not the other way around.

Tony Blair is denying that he told Trump, British intelligence was looking into him. The problem? Steele of the Steele’s dossier, is former British intelligence and was looking into Trump at the time. If you realize he is quoting someone and is not saying he was on the call, Steele being the British intelligence, instead of just British intelligence, actually did happen and is reasonable to assume Blair would say Steele and the paranoid Trump would repeat it as British intelligence.

- - - Updated - - -

You people hate Trump so much you want to believe everything. Its pretty sad and pathetic.
    I want to highlight the strangeness here. Trump treated it important enough to go on a twitter tirade. Yet, here you are, calling random people sad and pathetic for replying to this like it’s true? What the fuck? How is that reasonable? You do know that insulting Trump is not a personal attack on you? There is no reason to respond, like someone just insulted your mother.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are calling software piracy marketing, to defend Wikileaks, while telling others their vision is blinded. 0 self awareness..
    Because a horse's a horse.

Future sales are a thing, or were. Or are you deciding because it's best seller he's made enough from it? You get to decide that. WikiLeaks? For what reason?

It's intellectual property, not WikiLeaks'. It violates copyright laws. Failing those reasons though, there's no altruistic motive for this.

Your slobbering of WikiLeaks outright blinds you. I knew when I tagged you what you were going to say about this. You're nothing if not predictable. You can't even offer the slightest of criticisms, and it's pretty funny to watch. Five a person enough rope...
    Assuming that the book would somehow sell more if people forgot about it.

But then again your hatred for Wikileaks is documented. You're going to see anything as antagonistic. You don't bother with the socratic method, or even if you do you're doing it wrong.

Why would Wikileaks publish Fire and Fury book?

A-1: Because they hurt the sales.
    CA-1: If that's the case, then it's a pretty stupid thing to do. People who believe Wikileaks sided with Russian and Trump government won't be influenced by this at all. They'll buy the book anyway and just disregard Wikileaks, just because of the reputation they have. Now, those who are moderately interested may find themselves attracted to the PDF, which is fine. More likely than not, they'd probably just move on to something else and simply ignore it otherwise. This, in turn, gives additional visibility to the book, which is personal mouth to ear and more sales on the long run.

A-2: They're going to hurt the sales because they want to discredit the document.
    CA-2: That would make sense, but here's the thing: They do not comment it, they do not edit it. It's in its raw form. Therefore, if discredit there is, it's from the authors themselves and not Wikileaks.

A-3: They want to hurt the sales, by discrediting the document by sharing it to pro-Trump groups.
    CA-3: Let me begin by stating that Wikileaks is not a pro-Trump group. With that said, because of their stance against Clinton's e-mails, they did attract a lot of Trump's followers. Pro-Trump groups would've never bought the book, let's be honest here. Even thinking that they can somehow discredit it, with their abysmal reputation, is an insult to critical-thinking.

This line of thinking does not work.

And I have to say, if anything, the fact that you feel the need to tag me is a beautiful statement.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Changing Jr to Manafort doesn’t make sense... they were both in that meeting he is talking about and Jr own email show he was driving it. Jr invited Manafort, not the other way around.

Tony Blair is denying that he told Trump, British intelligence was looking into him. The problem? Steele of the Steele’s dossier, is former British intelligence and was looking into Trump at the time. If you realize he is quoting someone and is not saying he was on the call, Steele being the British intelligence, instead of just British intelligence, actually did happen and is reasonable to assume Blair would say Steele and the paranoid Trump would repeat it as British intelligence.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to highlight the strangeness here. Trump treated it important enough to go on a twitter tirade. Yet, here you are, calling random people sad and pathetic for replying to this like it’s true? What the fuck? How is that reasonable? You do know that insulting Trump is not a personal attack on you? There is no reason to respond, like someone just insulted your mother.
    Whether it makes sense or not, thats what he is saying. So, which Bannon are you going to believe? Im sure I know, youll believe the one that fits your narrative. Btw, tired of people using narrative all the time. Blair said those arent his words, what else do you want? You said nobody is denying, well thats two people right there denying and book just came out.

Just because Trump is sad and pathetic at times, doesnt mean that you should have to be too. But not many here get that. The Trump hatred here is so crazy. Why not just call this the Anti Trump forum? Lol

And Ive said this many times but Ill say it again. I never voted for Trump. He says a lot of stupid shit but... he isnt as nearly as bad as CNN, NYT, WaPo and this forum makes him out to be.

Gorilla Fight

Wouldn't mind a Gorilla fighting TV Channel .

I wonder if the poster above me knows this is fake...

I did love how many people got outraged and tried to defend Trump over this.

Assuming that the book would somehow sell more if people forgot about it.

But then again your hatred for Wikileaks is documented. You're going to see anything as antagonistic. You don't bother with the socratic method, or even if you do you're doing it wrong.

Why would Wikileaks publish Fire and Fury book?

A-1: Because they hurt the sales.
    CA-1: If that's the case, then it's a pretty stupid thing to do. People who believe Wikileaks sided with Russian and Trump government won't be influenced by this at all. They'll buy the book anyway and just disregard Wikileaks, just because of the reputation they have. Now, those who are moderately interested may find themselves attracted to the PDF, which is fine. More likely than not, they'd probably just move on to something else and simply ignore it otherwise. This, in turn, gives additional visibility to the book, which is personal mouth to ear and more sales on the long run.

A-2: They're going to hurt the sales because they want to discredit the document.
    CA-2: That would make sense, but here's the thing: They do not comment it, they do not edit it. It's in its raw form. Therefore, if discredit there is, it's from the authors themselves and not Wikileaks.

A-3: They want to hurt the sales, by discrediting the document by sharing it to pro-Trump groups.
    CA-3: Let me begin by stating that Wikileaks is not a pro-Trump group. With that said, because of their stance against Clinton's e-mails, they did attract a lot of Trump's followers. Pro-Trump groups would've never bought the book, let's be honest here. Even thinking that they can somehow discredit it, with their abysmal reputation, is an insult to critical-thinking.

This line of thinking does not work.

And I have to say, if anything, the fact that you feel the need to tag me is a beautiful statement.
    Yes, your love of the "socratic" method, haha.

It's a personal assault on the author by sharing his work for free. That's a basic understanding, and should be below your vaunted WikiLeaks. There's no altruistic reason for it. And once again, your full throated defense of WikiLeaks is expected, mildy entertaining, typical, and shortsighted.

You can make whatever declarative statements you want about what WikiLeaks is or isn't. It carries no weight...at all. They have proven themselves to be pro_trump time and time again, as well as pro-Russia. "Let me begin by stating...", haha. The amount of importance people place on their own false declarations is just so great to observe. "Let me, who has zero credibility and has been devoid of any objectivity regarding WikiLeaks and Assange, declare something as if if means something to anyone other than myself...", man. That's "beautiful".

I didn't feel a need to tag you. Don't oversell it. In fact I made it clear in the post tag itself. I tagged you because I knew you would provide endless posts of entertainment defending the indefensible. I left it open ended because I knew you'd make yourself look absurd, which is at best, mildly entertaining. So, it's not so much a beautiful statement as much as it is a selfish, prophetical one.(That's how you oversell something)

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I wonder if the poster above me knows this is fake...

I did love how many people got outraged and tried to defend Trump over this.
    Most things Trump decries as fake turn out to be true.

Therefore this story is clearly true cos hed call it fake if he saw it.

You can't fault my logic!

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    There's nothing in that book we don't already know, I mean you could figure all that out if you just read his tweets.
    What the book does is paint a picture of the whole, something that the facts we've seen released haven't.

The book isn't meant to be factual, it is meant to be representative - and that is good.

But it needs to be combined with the last year of factual reporting to make any sense.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Most things Trump decries as fake turn out to be true.

Therefore this story is clearly true cos hed call it fake if he saw it.

You can't fault my logic!
    Honestly, it was a great troll, whoever started it. The best trolls are the ones who make everyone believe it really could be true. Even trump's strongest supporters probably thought there was at least a 30% chance that he would do this.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    What the book does is paint a picture of the whole, something that the facts we've seen released haven't.

The book isn't meant to be factual, it is meant to be representative - and that is good.

But it needs to be combined with the last year of factual reporting to make any sense.
    This book wont change anything. The people that hate Trump will continue to do so, the ones who support him will continue to do so. All it did was make a snake reporter rich and relevant for a couple of weeks.

This book wont change anything. The people that hate Trump will continue to do so, the ones who support him will continue to do so. All it did was make a snake reporter rich and relevant for a couple of weeks.
    you're right, nothing in the book "reveals" anything most of us don't already know just from keeping tabs on the circus this current administration is, but it at least soured the relationship between Darth Bannon and Trump so there's still a win in there.

This book wont change anything.
    It already has... people with very short attention spans, who don't like slow drip fed facts from reports are starting to trust this book.

Oddly enough - the very effect that Trump has used to delude his followers (vague, story like discourse) is what this book is doing against Donald Trump.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay... that doesn’t explain how piracy is marketing... I don’t understand this reply... is this supposed to be a joke, for me saying there is no self awareness?