Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Getting into LFR groups on bosses you don't need

So for some reason, after weeks of mostly inactivity, where I only logged in to check out the new LFR wings, I decided to quickly clear LFR on my Demon Hunter. I cleared the first 2 wings yesterday, and then, when I was already tired, queued for the 3rd one. Got in at the last boss.

OK.

No problem. I know how this works. You kill the last boss, you queue again, you get into a group that actually has all bosses up, you kill the first 2, you leave the group. That way you still only kill every boss once, you just need to queue twice, not perfect, but I understand why they have to do it like that.

BUT.

Today I wanted to quickly do the other 2 bosses. I queue. I wait. I get in there. Aaaaand, the first 2 bosses are down again. So I'm again standing at the last boss, the one that I don't need, where I don't get any loot. On top of that, I have the deserter debuff now, cause of course I left.

Explain this to me. How the hell am I supposed to kill the bosses if the system never puts me there? How many times should I kill the last boss, without getting any loot, before they finally let me kill the other 2 bosses? Three times? Five times? Ten times? All this did was make me logout. Justify this system.

As far as I know, this isn't supposed to happen. I would suggest sending a bug report.

Edit: Maybe the queue popped when the second boss was almost down, but when you accepted he was dead... Unlucky i guess, but not impossible.

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't do LFR? Normal is face roll easy anyway and you'd be done quicker than two wings of LFR anyway.

yeah shouldnt happen but guess too many grps probably failing on coven and no one else was around so they just put you there. If you like 10 min or after a couple of pulls you shouldnt get deserter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DietzThought View Post
    As far as I know, this isn't supposed to happen. I would suggest sending a bug report.

Edit: Maybe the queue popped when the second boss was almost down, but when you accepted he was dead... Unlucky i guess, but not impossible.
    Nope. They were already standing in front of the 3rd boss, skeletons on the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    Don't do LFR? Normal is face roll easy anyway and you'd be done quicker than two wings of LFR anyway.
    Yeah it only takes a couple of hours to get a group together. And then it breaks apart again and you wasted your time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    yeah shouldnt happen but guess too many grps probably failing on coven and no one else was around so they just put you there. If you like 10 min or after a couple of pulls you shouldnt get deserter
    It was on coven, so that's most certainly true, but that doesn't make it better.

Normal isn't a substitute for LFR. Doing both gives you double the chance of getting legendaries.

With your philosophy of dropping out after the first 2 bosses on your 2nd LFR you are actually adding to the problem as your spot will then be replaced by someone who needs the whole LFR wing yet they will be on the last boss (like your scenarios).

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    So for some reason, after weeks of mostly inactivity, where I only logged in to check out the new LFR wings, I decided to quickly clear LFR on my Demon Hunter. I cleared the first 2 wings yesterday, and then, when I was already tired, queued for the 3rd one. Got in at the last boss.

OK.

No problem. I know how this works. You kill the last boss, you queue again, you get into a group that actually has all bosses up, you kill the first 2, you leave the group. That way you still only kill every boss once, you just need to queue twice, not perfect, but I understand why they have to do it like that.

BUT.

Today I wanted to quickly do the other 2 bosses. I queue. I wait. I get in there. Aaaaand, the first 2 bosses are down again. So I'm again standing at the last boss, the one that I don't need, where I don't get any loot. On top of that, I have the deserter debuff now, cause of course I left.

Explain this to me. How the hell am I supposed to kill the bosses if the system never puts me there? How many times should I kill the last boss, without getting any loot, before they finally let me kill the other 2 bosses? Three times? Five times? Ten times? All this did was make me logout. Justify this system.
    You logged off. Whatever tracks bad luck LFR was reset.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

It happens from time to time. It depends on the queues, how many are being formed, compared to how many are already in progress and queueing. You obviously just had bad luck with the queue system to put you into a raid which technically you could still earn loot from (the first two bosses). They were probably in the queue before they killed the second boss, so the system detects it as that, meaning that you're assigned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    You logged off. Whatever tracks bad luck LFR was reset.
    Why bad luck? It was about what bosses are already dead on my ID. Why would that wear off when I log out, that's terrible programming.

Well, when your plan to kill the first two and leave before the last boss is why karma ate your ass. You put yourself in that position with your thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

If you are playing an alt and want him to get raid ready you should do actually do both, because of titanforging and legendary drops (or t set completion).
    So "don't do LFR" is not really an option. I mean of course you can chose not to do it, but it still slows you down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Well, when your plan to kill the first two and leave before the last boss is why karma ate your ass. You put yourself in that position with your thoughts.
    This has nothing to do with Karma. This is the intended use of the system. If you join and only the last boss is standing you are essentially being punished because now you have to wait another 30-40 minutes in queue (as damage dealer). If you would have to stay to slay that boss AGAIN on the next try, this would be double punishment. If we assume karma is real I am very sure this is not how it would work ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I decided to quickly clear LFR
    On week one of a new wing. And the last fight has a few actual mechanics to deal with.

Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by DietzThought View Post
    I have never seen, nor heard of anyone joining a LFR mid-boss fight.

Don't do LFR?
    Extra loot, extra chance of legendaries, unique transmog.

Deleted
    Are you implying that you would actually waste time (and probably wipe a couple of time on coven) when you already done it the previous time you got into that LFR wing?

That's a bug, report it on twitter to @WarcraftDevs. I mean, they won't respond or anything, but it might make you feel better.

So you would stay for the last boss that you had already killed for the good of the group? I find that either dishonest or strange to be honest.

I do LFR, it's really a waste of time but who knows, maybe I'll get a crazy titanforge some day. Have all my legendaries, so that's not why I do it. Anyway, I do my best (other than flasking and potting - I won't do that for LFR) and I don't mind carrying groups and I'll even give mechanics pointers the first few weeks new wings are open, but I'm not going to stick around for a bunch of strangers to kill a boss who can do literally nothing for me.

Out of all the whine threads Anduin the Whiner has created, this is the first I've actually agreed with. It's really annoying to wait in queue only to start part way through and then have to requeue. And it's even worse to have to do so a third time.

7+ Year Old Account
    You could keep queuing up for that specific LFR wing?

I have ran into a similar issue in the past, but I've never been put into the same LFR wing twice or three times in a row at the exact same boss.

But, wasn't him being placed on the last boss of the wing that caused the whole thing in the first place?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Deleted
    Yes it's very annoying