Quote Originally Posted by Aegon Targaryen View Post
    I hate you.....
    Got me all paranoid about the Switch I just recently got over the holidays. I'm paranoid about every electronic I buy. I read about all the issues something might have and expect mine to be in the same situation. However, upon further inspection. I seem to be fine at the moment. Thanks!
    Your welcome lol and I am the same way.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No it wasn't sorry the DLC was cut content, I highly disagree with it being made after the game was finished.
    Where did you get this information? It sure wasn't from Nintendo. Your analysis simply isn't true. While you may be able to claim hard mode as cut content, you would be wrong. Just because a game is lacking a specific feature some people want, only to be added later due to feedback doesn't = cut intentionally to get them to buy DLC.

During an interview with director Hideomaro Fujibayashi and series producer Eiji Aonuma they stated that they went with the direction of the DLC story to focus on the champions due to their popularity with the gamers after the launch of the game.
    Last edited by ezgeze; 2018-01-08 at 09:09 AM.

No it wasn't sorry the DLC was cut content, I highly disagree with it being made after the game was finished.
    Nintendo isn't good at scrubbing their games. If it was cut content we'd know it because there would be traces of it in the base game
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Where did you get this information? It sure wasn't from Nintendo.
    I don't care about this rehashed debate but this comment was funny.

If it was cut content I highly doubt Nintendo would have went around advertising that fact LOL.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I don't care about this rehashed debate but this comment was funny.

If it was cut content I highly doubt Nintendo would have went around advertising that fact LOL.
    I provided an interview statement contradicting the claim that is was cut content but since it was content developed after the official launch, people can feel free to adjust their tinfoil hats a bit, the reception might be coming in a little fuzzy.

I provided an interview statement contradicting the claim that is was cut content but since it was content developed after the official launch, people can feel free to adjust their tinfoil hats a bit, the reception might be coming in a little fuzzy.
    Because a company will totally admit they cut content from a game to sell later...........

Ether way not repeating the same argument's as before, If you don't think Nintendo cuts content that's your choice I guess.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Because a company will totally admit they cut content from a game to sell later...........

Ether way not repeating the same argument's as before, If you don't think Nintendo cuts content that's your choice I guess.
    I didn't make the claim that Nintendo doesn't cut content, I just stated that the BOTW dlc wasn't one of them. At some point, an actual game needs to be released.

I didn't make the claim that Nintendo doesn't cut content, I just stated that the BOTW dlc wasn't one of them. At some point, an actual game needs to be released.
    Yes and the game needed to be released with the launch of the switch or the switch would have flopped dead in it's tracks. So anything they wanted to do was cut for that deadline. Hence why they announced a "expansions pass" before the game was even released. The expansion pass was even false advertising stating a new original story and it ended up being just useless backstory for the champions that lasted a total of 2 minutes in cutscenes.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Yes and the game needed to be released with the launch of the switch or the switch would have flopped dead in it's tracks. So anything they wanted to do was cut for that deadline. Hence why they announced a "expansions pass" before the game was even released. The expansion pass was even false advertising stating a new original story and it ended up being just useless backstory for the champions that lasted a total of 2 minutes in cutscenes.
    Only thing we learned from that "Original Story" was that Revali was always a cocky ass.

Only thing we learned from that "Original Story" was that Revali was always a cocky ass.
    hell we learned that from his cutscene in the base game. Nintendos dlc as of late has been real sloppy imo
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    hell we learned that from his cutscene in the base game. Nintendos dlc as of late has been real sloppy imo
    True, So I guess we really didn't learn anything new or original at all.

Zelda DLC was being created AFTER the game had been finished, while it would have been nice to have the DLC content in the game at launch, that's simply not possible in this case. The game at launch was a finished product. Many game manufacturers like DLC because it allows them to continue making money after the product launch using existing software and architecture in a game they have been producing for years. Zelda and XC2 DLC is a good example of how games should take advantage of DLC with Nintendo getting a clear 2 thumbs up in my book for officially stating no more Zelda DLC due to the company moving onto their next Zelda game.

The controller issue you are describing happened to me, I had the 2 joycons that came with the switch, a pro controller, and purchased 2 extra joycons for multiplayer purposes to even things out just in case I get a future Mario party or something. I had an issue linking both joycon sets as a pair and separate. In the end I got frustrated and said screw it, one joycon set now never leaves my switch.

It sounds like you do a lot of mobile gaming with the switch I would highly recommend getting a hardened screen protector a

Heavy duty rugged case $13-20
    Best protector in the world, literally seen my little brother drop mine on tile and it bounced, no damage.

Dock extender cable $6-9
    Allows you to skip dropping the unit into the dock, lets you keep the rugged case on at all times and wont ever scratch your screen if you don't have a protector.
    Thank you! I'll check into the case and the extension cord. Both my kids like running around with it. My youngest dropped it already, but it only sustained a small nick on the joycon. We have a screen protector on it already. But I'll definitely check into the other items you mentioned. Thanks!
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

have anybody out there had a hands-on the Bionik power plate?
    it's hard to find info and reviews about the product, but has me somewhat intrigued.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    have anybody out there had a hands-on the Bionik power plate?
    it's hard to find info and reviews about the product, but has me somewhat intrigued.

[Image of Bionik]
    Is that bottom part a battery? It looks huge if the top part is the Switch screen, and they must be custom Joy Cons too to fit that thing.

EDIT: OOOOH I just found out. It's a brick that goes between the Joy Cons to charge.
    Last edited by OnlineSamantha; 2018-01-08 at 06:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Is that bottom part a battery? It looks huge if the top part is the Switch screen, and they must be custom Joy Cons too to fit that thing.
    it's a slim battery, not an addon to the switch. the top part is just a screen to show charge levels, joycon connectivity etc. no custom joycons.
    it's a 4500mah battery, that acts as a powerbank for the switch aside from a joycon charger/controller grip.

Imagine the joycon grip mod where you remove the handles, and just have the middle plate.
    widen that plate a little, add a simple LED screen, a battery and a usb-c output and you have the powerplate.
    Last edited by freezion; 2018-01-08 at 06:37 PM.

Can anyone recommend a good stand? I have heard mixed things about the built in kick stand and have not used it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good stand? I have heard mixed things about the built in kick stand and have not used it yet.
    the built-in is workable, but lacks different angles and such.

i would recommend the hori playstand.
    nice, stable, multiple angles, doesn't take up a lot of space.

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    the built-in is workable, but lacks different angles and such.

i would recommend the hori playstand.
    nice, stable, multiple angles, doesn't take up a lot of space.
    Seconding the hori stand, got one for Christmas and I love it. Lot better than messing with the flimsy built in one and super portable too. That or I guess a case with a built in one if that’s your thing, there’s some decent looking ones out there.

https://twitter.com/pixelpar/status/950633476402933760

Nintendo files trademark for 1080°onE Europe.

May be just a standard refile, or it may be something.

The crash may have kinda been my fault in a way but still. I had it portable and I reached the plans took a screen shot then docked it and took another. After I undocked it and that's when the game crashed.

So safe to say it didn't like going from portable to docked to portable.
    I mean, for what it's worth, I had the Switch crash once taking it out of sleep mode to play more Enter the Gungeon, and as soon as I walked into a new room, boom, crash.

Real quick questions about Xenoblade 2 though for anyone who's already finished, don't want to dig through the internet and hit spoilers on these.

1) Does dying really cause any downsides? Seems like it keeps everything you had and just puts you back at a checkpoint.

2) Is there a shop that sells boosters for the blade summoning, or are they just drops/in the wild?

3) Why does Tiger Tiger suck