Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Later sure, but not with the launch of BFA. Maybe the following expansion.
    I believe with launch or first patch of BfA; we will see what happens.

Having OP racials and strict prerequisite is an ideal combination for pre-purchase; but not after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    This is where you are wrong, homie. You don't have to do it my way. You have to do it Blizzard's way. I've accepted Blizzard's way. Those who feel entitled haven't.
    Seem to remember similar arguments around flying being taken out of the game.. Guess what? Blizzard caved. I hate people who throw the word ENTITLED around as much as this forum does. What is Entitled, exactly, about feeling like Blizzard is making a mistake with Reputation Gating this? Just because you don't agree with Blizzard's logic does NOT make you entitled.

Oh crap. Not only do they have to have this rep, but they have to have a 110 toon as well!

What about those people that haven't played since Wrath and they want to have a Void Elf Mohawk?! This is so unfair!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    Seem to remember similar arguments around flying being taken out of the game.. Guess what? Blizzard caved. I hate people who throw the word ENTITLED around as much as this forum does. What is Entitled, exactly, about feeling like Blizzard is making a mistake with Reputation Gating this? Just because you don't agree with Blizzard's logic does NOT make you entitled.
    This is like a political conversation. We can go round & round with points and counter points. It does make you entitled because Blizz has set the rules and you think you deserve whatever you get from the rules, but without the rules.

Not really sure what the big deal is.
    The entire questline is unlocked now, along with WQ's and withered training every 3 days. Seriously, if people waited until DMF and got the rep buff, this would take what, 4 days to a week to unlock? Hell, I'm pretty sure you get rep doing CoS and Arcway on top of that. Maybe even NH (could be wrong on that last one). That's just Nightborne.
    Point is, people are acting like it takes a year to get the required rep needed. Pick the faction you want and to do it. Almost every zone's questline gets you from neutral to honored or revered. That's just the main questline, which at max level takes no time at all. It's not that hard and doesn't take anywhere near the amount of time people act like it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    How is my argument bad? The four allied races are part of Legion's content. Suramar. Highmountain. Argus. Our ability to play them starts in (somewhere between 7.3.5 and) BFA, true. But that ability is the reward for having played through Legion. Allied Races, excepting Zandalari and Dark Iron, are essentially subscriber rewards, with a prerequisite that is essentially complete if you actually played through the story of Legion.
    The new races are BfA selling points. They're BfA content. You can not argue otherwise.

We are done here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3D0n View Post
    They won't remove those requirements, as someone else said in a previous post they might consider removing them at the end of BFA if ever.
    It is good to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I believe with launch or first patch of BfA; we will see what happens.

Having OP racials and strict prerequisite is an ideal combination for pre-purchase; but not after launch.
    The racials are exactly the same increase as other races. Nightborne 1% magic damage is literally the same as 1% vers(which is worse for a lot of classes than 1% crit from Blood Elf+arcane torrent), Void Elf proc is the same as Undead proc, Highmountain Tauren has 1% vers and a small damage reduction which in comparison to regular Tauren evens out 2% crit damage and a Stam increase. Lightforged racials are actual garbage.

The only arguable amazing racial is the Void Portal from Void Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    The new races are BfA selling points. They're BfA content. You can not argue otherwise.

We are done here.
    There's a huge loophole in your argument, they never said ALL allied races are BFA content.

I don't have a big issue with them being requirements to get them prior to the expansion. The goal is to get you to preorder and keep playing. However that all changes once BfA is out.

Having something locked behind reputations is one thing, having them locked behind a prior expansion as a selling point for the current expansion is some serious BS. It's essentially the equivalent of forcing you to grind out Legion Pathfinding to be able to fly in BfA content. Sure it's a requirement and that's ok, but it's a dumb requirement.

I still think it's probably just for pre-patch. The entire point of all of these catch up mechanics added over the years is so that you can play the current content with friends immediately. Having players roll an entire character they don't want to play, fully leveling it, and then spending time in an older expansion so that you can now start all over doesn't really make a ton of sense.

Yeah I know we had the DK and DH restrictions, but that was so that you had a character that was equal in level. You were essentially swapping one 55 for another. Races won't do that, you won't get to reroll a 110 after you do that. It was also done to keep new players from being able to skip 55 and then 70 levels of playing making those two options the default choices for brand new accounts.

There's a huge loophole in your argument, they never said ALL allied races are BFA content.
    Oh my god dude lol. You're the kind of person that argues something that they think is a technicality when in reality it's an invalid point you're clinging to.

I will not say it again and I consider this garbage dialogue over at this point. The subraces are 100% BfA content. They are not Legion content.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Oh my god dude lol. You're the kind of person that argues something that they think is a technicality when in reality it's an invalid point you're clinging to.

I will not say it again and I consider this garbage dialogue over at this point. The subraces are 100% BfA content. They are not Legion content.
    Considering you're going to have to pre-order BfA to get them....

Nope, they're not BfA content. /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Oh crap. Not only do they have to have this rep, but they have to have a 110 toon as well!

What about those people that haven't played since Wrath and they want to have a Void Elf Mohawk?! This is so unfair!

- - - Updated - - -

This is like a political conversation. We can go round & round with points and counter points. It does make you entitled because Blizz has set the rules and you think you deserve whatever you get from the rules, but without the rules.
    en·ti·tled
    inˈtīdld,enˈtīdld/
    adjective
    adjective: entitled

believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
    "his pompous, entitled attitude"

Hm... For some reason I don't think you're using that word right. At all.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the exact same reason Death Knights and Demon Hunters were shown as features but still had to have prerequisites to play them.
    That's a good point, I wasn't thinking about that but only about previous "new" races. You're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Darling, I want to be sympathetic with your cause, but your background is preposterous. A Huge part of WoW is questing. Allied Races just happen to be a reward from the most common type of content in-game currently.
    Also the quest/story lines you have to do to unlock them seem pretty pertinent to that particular allied race. So basically help out the race you want to be allied with to get allied with them seems pretty legit unlock method to me. Even if you are playing a fresh character to max level after the next expansion launches you still will need to do at least some legion zones. So basically focus your legion time on highmountain then switch to suramar once you can and it should go pretty fast to get both. The rep would be the sticking point but they will probably do time walking stuff that lets you get legion reps.

Deleted
    Are Allied Races showcased in the Legion Feature Trailer or in the Battle for Azeroth Feature Trailer? They're Content for BfA. The only reason we get four of them pre launch is that Blizzard want to make sure, that people stay subscribed until launch and they have something to do, in which they're interested. Aside from that, Blizzard can make a lot of money if they bind the Nightborne, Lightforged, Void Elves and Highmountain Tauren to the Pre Order plus the money from Race Changes. That doesn't make these Races Legion Content though.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    That's a good point, I wasn't thinking about that but only about previous "new" races. You're right.
    If you were allowed to start the new race at 110 like you did the new class it woukd be a decent argument.

The idea behind the classes was so that you couldn't just step right into a 55 or 100 as a brand new player. While the initial class wasn't what you wanted to play, you were picking up in the same spot with the new class.

It isn’t so much about being lazy or ignoring an expansion though, I was more stating that these are the big draw for this new expansion and to lock that behind something old is a bit misleading for those new player ether returning or just starting. It is a very good way to just have them not bother getting the expansion at all which isn’t ideal. I do see your side of it as well, there could be a better way or a middle ground for this but I think grind on a character you just want to race change later is of poor design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stened91 View Post
    So the lock races that comes with an expansion you have to buy behind old content? Seems unfair to people like me who very much dislikes questing and rep farming
    That content is not meant for you then. Go find an other game where you pay for win and enjoy your free/instant rewards.

Spoiled ppl like you have never experienced the feeling of accomplishment through work, and never will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stened91 represents everything that is wrong with WoW and its community today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    It isn’t so much about being lazy or ignoring an expansion though, I was more stating that these are the big draw for this new expansion and to lock that behind something old is a bit misleading for those new player ether returning or just starting. It is a very good way to just have them not bother getting the expansion at all which isn’t ideal. I do see your side of it as well, there could be a better way or a middle ground for this but I think grind on a character you just want to race change later is of poor design.
    They will never relax it, because Allied Race stories aren't told anywhere else, nor should they.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    And in those 1-2 weeks people coming in at the start of BfA(New and Returning) will have to waste time leveling a character to 110.. After that they then need to grind old Reputations. THEN and only then can they play the character they ORIGINALLY wanted to play... And now they're 2-3 weeks behind everyone else in terms of gear and progression on the character they wanted to play originally. Go figure. And DON'T bloody tell me they should waste their free 110 on a character they won't even care about. -.-
    And why not? They are new and returning players who missed who knows how many expansions. They won't be mythic raiders. WHat does it matter if they are 2 weeks behind? And how long will that last really? By 8.1 it won't even matter.

- - - Updated - - -

And really it all comes down to the fact that you have little less than a year to do all the reps. If you care about these races you are probably done with them already. If you haven't played since WotLK but want a level 120 Nightborne in 1200 ilevel I can't really pity you.

Buying BfA is not buying Allied Races.

Buying BfA is buying the ability to unlock Allied Races.