Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hopefully every single High Elf fan will go be gross somewhere else, like becoming Void Elves instead of Blood Elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    A very small percentage, fact is WoW's an old game with an old player base, the vast majority of players are unwilling to reroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You need an Alliance Character just to unlock them. I think that'll depress their faction change impact somewhat.
    Not really. "These requirements are account wide and not faction specific, meaning you can earn them on an Alliance character and still unlock the Horde Allied Races and vice versa." It's on the frontpage of MMOC atm
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    What would you class as a "special snowflake"? I mean if the range is a commoner in Stormwind/Quel'Thalas, to a "Hero" and other Champions that killed Gul'dan, and Kil'jaeden, where does "snowflake" fall in that range? Or is it outside that range?
    Outside that range, I'd say. I would consider a special snowflake that... the character wasn't made to be "good" as priority. It was made to be "Unique" and very "I'm not like the other kids." as priority.

The things you mentioned wouldn't be special snowflakes at all! Though I'm honestly yet to meet someone who RP's as "the champion". Closest they do is "I was in the attack against <Insert something like SoO or something>, but I wasn't one of THOSE big guys who defeat the big baddie." RPing as a hero isn't a bad thing at all.

I don't actually understand why people do a broad brush like that on an entire race. I guess they assume people that are edgy will play a race they perceive is edgy, therefore all void elves are edgy?

Seems full of assumptions and judgments.
    "I don't like them and they are dark -> edgy"

And... that's the only kind of argument I've seen so far.

I don't have my alliance toons, but I might change a couple to Void elves.

My guess is 639,252 blood elves will become void elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Yeah, if they really did make a lot of blood elves reroll alliance - there woule be a huge balance issue. From the sites I gathered at least, the top 3 played races are Humans, Blood Elves, Night Elves. Would be nice if they could still make the current void elf design more corrupt though...
    Balancing issues are virtually inexistant as everything is based on sharding and crossrealm stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post

Well, it is a legit arguement. People don't like them because of their dark theme and especially because they're also Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Well, it is a legit arguement. People don't like them because of their dark theme and especially because they're also Alliance.
    No problem with that, everyone has a specific taste. But what's it got to do with edginess o.o.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine the vast majority of players are bound to their faction for far more reasons than race. Not to mention I think the story for them is ridiculous.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, so bascailly a one dimensional character that say goes on about "the void" and how miserable they are, or are now having an existential crisis, sort of thing? Or more "Drizzt" type "I am the only "good" Void Elf" like character?
    More of the latter, wether it's true or not I don't know but being very "I am the ONLY one" is such a case. The first one is just making them look broody!

No problem with that, everyone has a specific taste. But what's it got to do with edginess o.o.
    I call them that because of one of their /silly.

Deleted
    I might have a snort of void and go Alliance for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I call them that because of one of their /silly.
    I think the /silly emotes are literally an answer from blizzard to people around this forum calling them edgy tho .

5+ Year Old Account
    Even though they won't race change, 86,753.09 Blood Elf players will roll Void Elf alts.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Deleted
    Not me.
    /10 chars

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the /silly emotes are literally an answer from blizzard to people around this forum calling them edgy tho .
    Depends on how you look at it I suppose!

"No, we do not drink blood--that's the San'layn. Totally different emo elf."

I can't find the other one I was thinking of, but I "think" it might've been an NPC. Pretty much went along the lines of "Quel'Dorei? Why would you want that when you can be all dark and broody?"

So, I'm just joining the joke side of edgy.

5+ Year Old Account

Pretty much.

And if the character is disliked and female, she's a "Mary Sue"
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hell no, I'm loyal to the Sin'dorei.

My currently Alliance characters might race change to Ren'dorei simply because of the better animations and less clipping. I really can't stand most Alliance races because of all the goddamn clipping.

I want a Void Elf Alliance main though, to contrast with my Horde main, who is a Blood Elf Paladin.

Deleted
    I'd imagine it wouldn't be too many, mostly just the death knight transmoged paladin types.
    judging by all the threads I've seen the main draw of void elves is the high elf aesthetic which, blood elves already have the superior version of.
    So realistically i'd just factor in the edge lords, Latin drama fans and those guys that re-roll to flavour of the month pvp races, in total i'd guess maybe 8% maybe 18% population change at a stretch.