10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Bets on who's the emperor/empress... Michelle Yeoh/Phillipa anyone? Or maybe the admiral lady.
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. Then I remembered that Burnham is the captain of ISS Shenzhou. Didn't they say she killed Georgiou to sit on the big chair?

The admiral is a good guess too. Whoever it is, it is linked to Stamet's warning: Stay out of the palace!

Am I the only one to dig those imperial uniforms?

We also got our first glimpse at what a Constitution-class starship might look like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    On second thought, maybe it's Harry Mudd lol.
    Make it so. The funny part about the Mirror Universe is that, although good characters become evil, vilains or mischevous characters become even worse. DS9's Mirror Universe is proof of that.

That being said, I doubt it will be Mudd, but it would be such a twist!
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Going by Stamets visions (and other series), it's probably going to be an emotional reveal of some sorts. But Mudd would be fun.

Georgiou is the obvious choice for for empress. Still a part of me would like to see the nerd rage if they went completely left field and brought Shatner back to play a time traveling evil Kirk emperor, it would at the very least end the countless forum threads about last jedi being a bad film and unleash a tidal wave of star trek rants instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I love Empress Sato
    They should put Linda Park in old lady make-up. 101 years of unbroken rule!

10+ Year Old Account
    The slogan for mirror universe should be "At least it's not time travel!"

finally we see the andorians in the next episode

I wish this show was on normal CBS so everyone could watch it instead of the "all access" channel. I'd like to see a whole new generation introduced to Star Trek and I think Star Trek Discovery is a good show that most people would like.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I wish this show was on normal CBS so everyone could watch it instead of the "all access" channel. I'd like to see a whole new generation introduced to Star Trek and I think Star Trek Discovery is a good show that most people would like.
    It's on Netflix for the world except the US and Canada, so the reachable audience should be large enough.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's on Torrent Network so anyone can watch it. For free. Don't you worry.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the andorian!!
    I like this new take on the Andorians. It looks more alien than the Enterprise version, while remaining familiar. The bushy white eyebrows are replaced by short antennas, the cheekbones are stronger and, while it's difficult to see with the hair, the ears look different too. The antennas are a little different too. They look more snail-like instead of insect-like.

- - - Updated - - -

So, it was Georgiou afterall.

Not a bad episode, though it really felt like the second episode of a three-parter. I like the way they're portraying the mirror universe. In most incarnations of that universe, there was an element of fun. But now you can see how playing a sadistic captain is affecting Burnham's moral. As it should be, when you are an idealistic Starfleet officer. And things get even worse now that Voq has taken control of Tyler. Burnham lost her main support, and love interest. I'm eager to see how they will get out of that vipers' nest.
    Last edited by Frontenac; 2018-01-14 at 07:52 PM.

I didn't like most of the first half of this show thus far. The last few before the break were pretty ok. These after the break have been pretty good. I will admit it isn't exactly Star Trek but it is a pretty good show thats growing on me.

The thing I fear about this show is, what happens when the Klingon War ends......... I mean the show started off STRONG with the start and struggle of the Klingon war but, what after..... I doubt people will want to see the exploration side of Star Trek.

I mean, if you really look at TNG, DS9 Voyager and Enterprise, the ratings were never really that great until there was conflict and battles n all. TNG had the Borg and some Romulans, DS9 had the Carddies and Klingons and Voyager had the Kazon, the Borg, the Hirogen, Species 8472.........

I just dont wee where the show can go after the war and such a strong opening

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    The thing I fear about this show is, what happens when the Klingon War ends......... I mean the show started off STRONG with the start and struggle of the Klingon war but, what after..... I doubt people will want to see the exploration side of Star Trek.

I mean, if you really look at TNG, DS9 Voyager and Enterprise, the ratings were never really that great until there was conflict and battles n all. TNG had the Borg and some Romulans, DS9 had the Carddies and Klingons and Voyager had the Kazon, the Borg, the Hirogen, Species 8472.........

I just dont wee where the show can go after the war and such a strong opening
    Now we are in the mirror universe and it's great!
    terran empire!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Now we are in the mirror universe and it's great!
    terran empire!
    I just got finished watching the episode..... If we are already in the Mirror Universe, they must think l that the show needed more shutspah and umph to spike viewership. I like what I see so far in the MU but, I look it as a pleh move on their part.

And what is happening to the Security dude(always forget his name) That was so amazingly predictable...... I fount it rather disappointing at how easy they made that reveal to be.

I like it so far and cant wait to see more. With the MU there is more material to pull from, but how long are they going to keep them in the MU or do they ever even make it out. I see this move as a way of keeping the action while not ruining the key element of the Klingon war, their ability to cloak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking CALLED it! So far I'm 2/2

Totally called Tyler being a Klingon. Didn't call WHICH Klingon he'd be though. That was quite cool.

And then, as I hit play on this episode I had an epiphany, regarding the Emperor.

BOOM! Emperor Michelle Yeoh! Going to be awesome.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I just got finished watching the episode..... If we are already in the Mirror Universe, they must think l that the show needed more shutspah and umph to spike viewership. I like what I see so far in the MU but, I look it as a pleh move on their part.

And what is happening to the Security dude(always forget his name) That was so amazingly predictable...... I fount it rather disappointing at how easy they made that reveal to be.

I like it so far and cant wait to see more. With the MU there is more material to pull from, but how long are they going to keep them in the MU or do they ever even make it out. I see this move as a way of keeping the action while not ruining the key element of the Klingon war, their ability to cloak.
    look the andorian!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Fucking CALLED it! So far I'm 2/2

Totally called Tyler being a Klingon. Didn't call WHICH Klingon he'd be though. That was quite cool.
    I already knew which one he would be based on the Klingon chick in previous episode where she said he must change to become more(or something like that). Then all of a sudden we have the ONLY captured Starfleet Officer who just happens to be the love slave of said Klingon chick.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    And then, as I hit play on this episode I had an epiphany, regarding the Emperor.

BOOM! Emperor Michelle Yeoh! Going to be awesome.
    This would be a rather interesting reveal. Was that shown in the preview for the next episode? I have a feeling it might be the Admiral that he was banging but that sounds MUCH more dramatical and a good umph needed for the show.

Andorians look great.
    Emperor totally as expected, based on the other Trek shows

10+ Year Old Account
    The Tellarites are not bad either.