Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Nightborn Now Require Absurdly More Quests Than Any Other Allied Race.

Lightforged Draenei : 38 quests
    Nightborn: 249 quests (145 Good Suramarian, 64 Insurrection)

This seems a bit unfair if one cares about such things.

http://www.wowhead.com/comprehensive-suramar-guide
    http://www.wowhead.com/comprehensive-argus-guide

Nightborne questlines are also the best Legion has to offer, so shouldn't be away from anyone if you do them once.

Guess it doesn't even matter since you need to be exalted anyways, least the quests for Suramar will get you to exalted or least close to it. You think you're hitting exalted with Lightforged with 38 quests?

tldr: point is mute since you need exalted anyways and should have hit exalted (aka done all the quests) for Nightfallen anyways at least on one char unless you're a pleb and still using a ground mount

----

edit: I get it, the tldr was the same word (not character) count as the original post. Haha. Very funny. Please quit bullying me, I'm only little.

edit tldr: I made a mistake, the original tldr was "point is mute since you need exalted anyways" and I tacked on fluff at the end and was too lazy to change it. My bad, it won't happen again.
    Last edited by Sparklelord; 2018-01-09 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post

And have been out for the entirety of Legion (with the exception of Insurrection). Why are you whining about quests you should have already completed MONTHS ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's unfortunate for returning players, but theres a lot of time for legion to launch, and most players have that stuff done because it's part of flying, and everyone should do Suramar at least once, it's one of the better zones Blizzard has ever done.

If you have played the expansion you should have had those requirements done like a year ago. It would be daunting and annoying for a new player though.

You fly by those quests now though with everyone having a higher ilvl. Plus, the quests are good.

If you somehow do not have that done in the year plus that Legion has been out that's your own fault. World of Warcraft keeps on turning with or without you playing.

These threads are literally "Waaaah I gotta play the game to actually fly?!" Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Galaar View Post
    And have been out for the entirety of Legion (with the exception of Insurrection). Why are you whining about quests you should have already completed MONTHS ago?
    Exactly.

And even from the point of a new player entering BFA, if they really want the variant/flying for Broken Isles they have to do the quests anyways and/or the quests are the best source of rep for the grind. So really, this is just some mega casual crying that they can't fire up BFA and jump right into a subrace (which is a fair point on it's own but has nothing to do with amount of quests)

Additionally the req requirements for the quest lines have been removed. You could literally run through the entire story line in a couple of days (there are some "do x amount of world quests in Suramar ones" that might slow you down).

Quote Originally Posted by Galaar View Post
    I loved Suramar, and when I switched mains a few months ago, it did it all a 2nd time. But if someone returns for BFA, it's insane to tell them "sure you can play as Nightborne, one of the major features of this expansion. Just finish these quick TWO HUNDRED AND FOURTY NINE QUESTS, and 20 more BFA quests and you can get a lvl 20 started."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would lock more things behind quest so we get a better story experience. I’d much rather dk’s had been locked behind a quest line instead of just level 55.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Nightborne questlines are also the best Legion has to offer, so shouldn't be away from anyone if you do them once.
    Pretty much this.
    I am glad that people who are coming back and want a Nightborne actually have to experience the questline. Suramar is amongst the best Blizzard has done in years.

I loved Suramar, and when I switched mains a few months ago, it did it all a 2nd time. But if someone returns for BFA, it's insane to tell them "sure you can play as Nightborne, one of the major features of this expansion. Just finish these quick TWO HUNDRED AND FOURTY NINE QUESTS, and 20 more BFA quests and you can get a lvl 20 started."
    It's also not our problem to care about someone who abandoned the game for a year and half has to deal with.

Also
    >allied races
    >major feature of the expansion

OmegaLUL

And that's any better than "Here are 35 quests to get you half way through honored, have fun grinding daily WQ and Mission board rep items for a month"?

Me personally, I'd rather do all the quests and knock out the whole zone in a day then have to wait a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, what is wrong with you people? Suramar's story is literally some of if not the best story and build up to new characters that Blizzard has done in WoW, WHY WOULDN'T YOU DO THEM? Hell, even if they were at some point more time consuming to go through due to gating, now can basically do it in one sitting. The real question is why are there people who haven't done it, if not for atleast the plethora of rewards it offers aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I wish they would lock more things behind quest so we get a better story experience. I’d much rather dk’s had been locked behind a quest line instead of just level 55.
    I myself don't need incentives to do quests I do however agree with you that Blizzard should have sticked with their initial plan to lock DKs behind a quest chain, but I assume they did it because people wanted to start leveling their characters as soon as the expansion hit

That's because Nightborne is actually a race, while the others are pulled out of thin air.

Nightborne have a story, a city, even the 3D models are unique.

Highmountain Taurens, Lightforged Draenei, Void elves...all of them are just reskins.

You should rather appreciate this and not consider it a pain to do.
    Last edited by Xavator; 2018-01-08 at 09:41 PM.

We've also had almost a full year longer to do the Nightfallen storyline and get reputation for the factions. Guess it's just a tradeoff, easier rep, more quests on Horde, easier quests, more rep on Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should you unlock the Nightborne without clearing their storyline? Is this thread a joke?

The amount of quests mean nothing, the Lightforged Draenei unlock will probably take longer due to the fact that you need to be exalted with Army of the Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting