Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    So why come for my post then?
    Gee i wonder why, maby because you only mention the us as usual? when in reality it's been a thing in the whole world for thousands of years and are still a major problem in africa today.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really understand the point of this thread.

You wont find people claiming "only black people were ever slaves throughout the history of forever."

They were, however, the last extant group of slaves in the United States.

And it's curious you bring up "race" vs "class." History paints a pretty clear picture (at least in the US) that the concept of "race" was made an issue BECAUSE of class. Long story short events like Bacon's Rebellion, in which poor white and black indentured servants rose up together and rebelled against their colonial governments were seen as extremely disquieting to the ruling elite, so an effort was made to drive a wedge between the races to ensure, in essence, that they'd never band together again. They effectively sought to instill the notion that the poorest, most uneducated white person was so far superior to a black person- slave, free, uneducated, wealthy, poor, whatever, that they wouldn't band together and rise up as one.

So the two are not separate concepts because they were effectively DESIGNED, at least in the United States, to be intertwined. The ramifications of which we still deal with to this day.

Though if you want to go off pontificating about slavery that happened in Egypt 3000 years ago, be my guest.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2018-01-08 at 09:58 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Slavery has been around for thousands of years and the transatlantic slave trade is just a part of that history, it's not the history. I constantly see remarks made on how we are not allowed to do this and that until white people have also been enslaved and oppressed. The thing is, we have been enslaved. For a thousand years.

The rich of all races has held slaves under brutal conditions. All of those instances had a common perpetrator, the rich, not the white.
    In Scandinavia for example children born to thralls also became thralls. They had no legal status and was considered property. The law stated that a master could whip a thrall for no more than 30 lashes after that it was the job for an executioner. Pregnant women had to get whipped lying on their stomach with a hole cut out to accommodate their bellies.
    In Egypt the Pharaohs worked slaves do death in their work camps. In Asia the Samurai held slaves in the Nara period and in more recent time the Japanese held POW slave workers etc etc. Even in America only rich feudal lords held slaves while the vast majority of Americans did not.

The rich have been very successful in making slavery in to a collective burden for the people instead of taking responsibility for it themselves.

Ask your self who was really holding the whip?
    Congratulations, you just realised why racial and class issues are so interconnected, and why solving the class problem would solve the race problem. That is why the left fights both.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Yea they would’ve fared worse off in Africa. As fucked up as it is, descendants of black slaves should be grateful of suffering of their ancestors, because otherwise they’d never be in this great country
    You mean the same Africa that was destroyed by the same people as North America. Or Asia let see pollution, over population, global warming, literally destroying the planet itself.

Better or worse depending who’s perspective you mean
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Gee i wonder why, maby because you only mention the us as usual? when in reality it's been a thing in the whole world for thousands of years.
    Sure, but most people on here are American. Seems topical. Also, American chattel slavery is one of the best documented, and also most heinous, examples we have.

If you want to talk about other countries go ahead and make your own post.

And here we have it. "Slavery was actually good because..."
    As ridiculous as it sounds, if you strip away all the morality from slavery, it's actually always been shown to be a net positive thing in the long run. It creates vast genetic and cultural diversity where there otherwise would have been none.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kingj56 View Post
    I agree slavery in general as always been a powerful vs the powerless, but let us not forget that American slavery the "white vs black" kind was at first poor vs rich. The rich looked through history and found a way to make it "white vs black" to make sure the system lasted for as long as possible. In Roman times when they had TONS of slaves. People were only slaves because their side lost or they were extremely poor. If you ever gained status you were no longer a slave and everyone accepted that in society. Think of it like a trial they went thru and if they rose above it they were generally accepted in society. American "chattel" slavery was not remotely like any other. The society was taught that no matter what even if you were rich, as long as your skin had a certain amount of melanin you were and will ALWAYS be less than your lesser melanin inclined brethren. Even if you were freed by your master in America you could still be put back into slavery because whites didnt have to recognize your freedom. The rich made sure to separate the whites from the blacks on a psychological so blacks werent even seen as people no matter how far they came in society, this ensures that for generations blacks will always be treated unfairly and unequally which made sure things like, lynching, jim crow, school-prison pipelines can be maintained which also ensure the rich stay powerful as all those systems give a form of slavery or unequal pay for work.

At the core of it all racism is and always will be a top-down system. But because the lies of racism are so entrenched in our society it has to be fought at the individual level before it can be overcome at the top where it all started. To answer your question, the rich held the whip but the poor gladly took it over and continue to hold it today.
    Again that don't account for the millions of WHITE slaves. Was that racism too or does that only count when black people are enslaved? The lie has been to entrenched in the black psyche (by design) that it has to be fought at the individual level before it can be overcome at the top where it all started. The powers that be pointed you at us and said "All those people with white skin are to blame" and you bought it hook line and sinker. It must be comforting to have an entire race to blame for your failures.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    As ridiculous as it sounds, if you strip away all the morality from slavery, it's actually always been shown to be a net positive thing in the long run. It creates vast genetic and cultural diversity where there otherwise would have been none.
    Normal migration in search of greater opportunity did that for the US with other races minus the slavery part so I am not sure how. Also race mixing in the US was pretty much illegal but I get your point.

Deleted
    The OP should read some actual history books instead of Marxist propaganda.

Yeah, let's not go down that road. I mean, we could harvest your organs and save like 7 or so people. A positive in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Oh im well aware about you not giving a dam about the history of slavery. That's why you have such a narrow focus of it.
    No I have the truth not some education from a YouTube channel by some lunatic who paid less attention in history than I did. Which surprises me I can see this bullshit for what it is. Just a bad revisionist history that’s been around forever. Wrong then wrong now. Guess they don’t teach history at all now days.

Yeah, let's not go down that road. I mean, we could harvest your organs and save like 7 or so people. A positive in the long run.
    And that would be true, lol. I'm not applying an argument of "oh hey actually let's not consider slavery so bad because it's actually good!" but that there are undeniably positive outcomes from human slavery, in the long run scheme of things.

Not even you could fail to grasp an objective concept like that, though I know you'll try your hardest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    The OP should read some actual history books instead of Marxist propaganda.
    What in particular did you have an issue with? Elaborate.

Deleted
    "Slavery is good because it creates diversity..."

Why am I not surprised?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    No I have the truth not some education from a YouTube channel by some lunatic who paid less attention in history than I did. Which surprises me I can see this bullshit for what it is. Just a bad revisionist history that’s been around forever. Wrong then wrong now. Guess they don’t teach history at all now days.
    Please enlighten us with your true account of history. We're waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Normal migration in search of greater opportunity did that for the US with other races minus the slavery part so I am not sure how. Also race mixing in the US was pretty much illegal but I get your point.
    Yet forced slavery brought in a massive population of genetics that otherwise was never going to come to the country (in that time period). America was already starting to become genetically diverse over a hundred years before people began to immigrate in mass to it.

And while many southern states created anti-miscegenation laws, that sure as hell didn't mean race mixing wasn't happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    "Slavery is good because it creates diversity..."

Why am I not surprised?
    Because it's true lol.

Or, rather, it's more like "there are objective positives, or at least non-negatives, to slavery as opposed to it being 'good' because of genetic and cultural diversities".

10+ Year Old Account
    And that would be true, lol. I'm not applying an argument of "oh hey actually let's not consider slavery so bad because it's actually good!" but that there are undeniably positive outcomes from human slavery, in the long run scheme of things.

Not even you could fail to grasp an objective concept like that, though I know you'll try your hardest.
    There was nothing positive about slavery any more than its positive to murder or rape someone.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I dont see you even mention anyone else who did slavery, you know about just everyone including the black people selling their own people into slavery, funny but not surprising comming from you.
    Did Africans engage in racially based chattel slavery? Nope.

To extrapolate your rock solid logic: "Yes, I did pay for sex with a 10 year OLD, but I was paying a woman pimp for it, so it doesn't count."

- - - Updated - - -

Yet forced slavery brought in a massive population of genetics that otherwise was never going to come to the country (in that time period). America was already starting to become genetically diverse over a hundred years before people began to immigrate in mass to it.

And while many southern states created anti-miscegenation laws, that sure as hell didn't mean race mixing wasn't happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's true lol.

Or, rather, it's more like "there are objective positives, or at least non-negatives, to slavery as opposed to it being 'good' because of genetic and cultural diversities".
    Slavery didn't actually create diversity though, because slaves were intentionally and systematically stripped of their cultural heritage. The development of slave, and ultimately African-America, cultures was an after-the-fact necessity. The destruction of slavery is what brought that culture to the rest of America.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Did Africans engage in racially based chattel slavery? Nope.

To extrapolate your rock solid logic: "Yes, I did pay for sex with a 10 year OLD, but I was paying a woman pimp for it, so it doesn't count."
    They do have a major issue with slavery still to this very day though. More slaves there today then the us ever had if i recall correct.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Seeing as you seem to think the only slaves in history were black folks and the only folks who enslaved were white folks, id say you are the one who got their info from some random youtube video. Nice projection there Mr racist.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."