Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Rommath when he tells the elves not to do the thing, and they did the thing anyways which turned out to fuck them up after he warned them.

Simply. Glorious.

No faction is winning the development battle for the elves, but both factions are losing the war against the elves. The elves are taking over everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... we haven't seen much of the lore in BfA, the destruction of Teldrassil could imply a big development for the Night Elves (and even the Worgen)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Wait... we haven't seen much of the lore in BfA, the destruction of Teldrassil could imply a big development for the Night Elves (and even the Worgen)
    I wouldn't bet on it. The defeat of the legion and the curing of arcane addiction are the 2 biggest development for night elves in their lore, yet they are barely reflected in the group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I wouldn't bet on it. The defeat of the legion and the curing of arcane addiction are the 2 biggest development for night elves in their lore, yet they are barely reflected in the group.
    Well the destruction of their home forces some development in them, i mean... i think that was also one of the main reasons why in BfA cinematic the NE are a big part of the group shown.

Also the destruction of the Legion was shown as part of the Draneai story development and for the introduction of Ve

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Read this post from Ramz:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post48589660

I agree with this and I will add that nobody (speaking of men) wants to find out whether a particular metrosexual-looking fellow is gay or straight. We just say "this looks gay" and don't bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well the destruction of their home forces some development in them, i mean... i think that was also one of the main reasons why in BfA cinematic the NE are a big part of the group shown.

Also the destruction of the Legion was shown as part of the Draneai story development and for the introduction of Ve
    It's not looking like night elves have any serious role or consideration in BfA, it's all Kul'tiras navy fleet and Zandalar - night elf burning of Teldrassil is a plot device to give you a huge war who's centre piece was Lordaeron - they will be forgetten. OP is right, Legion events were the most momentous for all night elves, yet they are completely absent after 7.1, though its all happening in their temple and their biggest enemy is about to go down. The devs instead chose to focus on everyone else literally but them, if they would do that for such a major part of this race's lore, I have zero confidence anything would be different in BfA.

Plot device, nothing more.. it's all about Lordaeron, Sylvannas, Anduin etc

Night elves were supposed to be savages that kill anyone that comes near their forest and look down on any other race. Blizzard turned them into purple humans that are incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Night elves were supposed to be savages that kill anyone that comes near their forest and look down on any other race. Blizzard turned them into purple humans that are incompetent.
    I think Blizzard did it because the night elves were portrayed as too powerful. This was done by having the tauren tie into the whole Cenarius story, dilluting the night elves power and dominance in regards to nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I think Blizzard did it because the night elves were portrayed as too powerful. This was done by having the tauren tie into the whole Cenarius story, dilluting the night elves power and dominance in regards to nature.
    That twist made my head spin. How Tauren are relevant to Night Elves becoming purple humans?

Besides, Night Elves were inevitably destinied to step down from their pedestal the moment the World Tree went kaboom. But stepping down from pedestal is not the issue; losing those few unique features they had to become the "good" High Elves of WoW Alliance is.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2018-01-09 at 02:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    That twist made my head spin. How Tauren are relevant to Night Elves becoming purple humans?
    It is relevant because the whole control over the nature/druid platform pushed through with Cenarius all of a sudden got shared with a Horde race. By extension, all of Hyjal, Moonglade and all of the Cenarion Circle-related assets would've been night elven and Alliance-based if the tauren weren't brought into play here, as would have Val'sharan in Legion.

Taking away the possibility to use these powers for both peaceful and hostile purposes within the Alliance against their common enemies, the night elves have been made to act like humans would because everything that was unique to them was taken away from them and forcibly shared.

In addition to this, major characters related to the night elven civilization have been turned into neutral heroes, such as Malfurion and Cenarius. They've been hit hard by the Cataclysm and their civilization was written as a waning one from the onset of WoW. This is why human characters and human lore take no blame for what is happening with the night elves nor is it surprising that night elves act like "purple humans".
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-01-09 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You're in the minority thinking that. Every allied race poll has been dominated by Void Elves.
    On mmo champion most of polls were in favor of Zandalari. I only saw one which gave them minimal advantage over Zandies but it was small %. So I wouldn'd say that they're a thing for every poll. That being said I believe they will be popular as they're belf model on ally side - simple as that.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    And just to make everybody realize, the new allied race Void Elves or Ren'dorei are children of shadow/void. In a few story progressions after BfA's release, it wouldn't be a surprise that Night Elves and even Nightborne who are creatures of the Night be enticed and be baptized by void and become a new addition to the Ren'dorei culture. That being said, I wish there would be splintering of just two faction and make it 3: The Horde, The Alliance, and the once known Sentinel or Elven race comprised of all Elven Lineage.

I disagree that the Darnassian/Kalimdor Night Elves won't have any story progression in BfA. Take note that the Arcan'dor questline has something to do with Emerald Dreams and Nature Magic. Also Emerald Nightmare as a raid seems foreboding an aftermath after being cleansed from corruption and I believe it has something to do with the Burning of Teldrassil. World Trees are related to nature magic as well as Emerald dream and so does the nightmare.

When an Emerald Dream realated story arc will be introduced in BfA I believe the three Elven races will play a prominent role in it specially NE and Nightborne.

Btw since Tyrande's lover Malfurion is one of the Druidic sect pioneers, it wouldn't be surprising if Moongloade be made as a Refugee camp or even be considered to be one of their new town.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-01-10 at 02:24 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Horde got Nightborn instead of Nightfallen.

... no one won the battle of the elves...

*sigh*
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    why do alliance players love to play the victim? it’s just a game
    Just compare the effort put into the Alliance's to the Horde's elves. It's obvious Blizz put effort into only one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde is the elf faction since the blood elves got introduced. Why? Because they basically had two forms by that time. The former high elves and the primitive, ugly, three fingered proto-elves.

With BFA they'll have two forms of developed elves and two of the primitive, ugly, three fingered proto-elves.
    By the end of BFA horde will likely be over 50% elven population with an undead elf as their warlord. They should change their sign to one with pointy ears.

You can keep the traitorous junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The Horde got Nightborn instead of Nightfallen.

... no one won the battle of the elves...

*sigh*
    Oh my, you got advanced elves instead of crack addicts. How horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    Oh my, you got advanced elves instead of crack addicts. How horrible.
    It's probably more a problem for her that the cured Night borne are basically the same as the blood elves.
    Former addicts that overcame their struggle and now live their love for the arcane. Big difference being that the new ones are taller and blue.

Alliance player here, I love Night elves but I hate Malfurion and Tyrande and I really wanted Nightborne to be alliance. All Tyrande does is complain, on every questline she's in, she complains about something and Malfurion is just... not what I was expecting, lul. Meanwhile Thalyssra is awesome and one of the best characters in the game right now in my opinion.

Void elves are ok, but is feels like they are just Blizzards way of giving Blood elves to ally players.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread should be in the Lore forums, not BfA. Bunch of people who don't know what they're talking about giving their 2 cents.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama