Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    God I loved the Warhammer MMO. My roomie and I played a pair of dwarves and I never had more fun pvping. The idea of a tank being able to taunt players and directionally protect allies was godly for defending points. Plus the Chaos Tank (don't remember the name) was as close to EQ's bard song-weaving (The bard being the first character I ever played on EQ).

I was so sad when it got shut down, not that my computer at the time could handle it. But still!
    Ah, the sad story of WAR... (by the way, check my avatar!)

PS it is possible that some of us are still playing it...

Edit: If you excuse me for even more off-toppicness, here's a little R.I.P. Warhammer museum I made during one of my nostalgic moments, a bunch of videos and images from that wonderful game - http://notdstarcraft.com/threads/the...sked-for.3469/
    Last edited by JamesGoblin; 2017-12-08 at 04:03 PM.
    CU... ...or CF ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Looks like HD WoW, but i want an mmo to have a decent amount of pve. Doesnt have to be as much as wow, but just pvping isnt enough for me.
    This is more likely wowlike mmo,
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-world-MMORPG/

Crowfall is different, but that reset thing like soemthing I don't like :P

God I loved the Warhammer MMO. My roomie and I played a pair of dwarves and I never had more fun pvping. The idea of a tank being able to taunt players and directionally protect allies was godly for defending points. Plus the Chaos Tank (don't remember the name) was as close to EQ's bard song-weaving (The bard being the first character I ever played on EQ).

I was so sad when it got shut down, not that my computer at the time could handle it. But still!
    Look into "*snip*"

No private server discussion, please. - Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-12-17 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by francisbaud View Post
    The kind that destroys your castle if you make them angry!

This game looks horrible.

I bought alpha access to Crowfall back earlier in the summer.

I tried it out on the weekends when the test servers were up. I know it's got a long way to go, but I really think it'll only end up being fun for a niche crowd.

If anyone is wanting to try it out that have been anticipating this game, I'm willing to sell my access to it for $40 (normally $70)

When your game has no end-game progression because that requires work and funds, so you just make another forever early access survival PVP MMO that is played a bit by streamers and then sinks into oblivion before even being released as retail.

I was looking forward to giving this game a try when it is finally released. Looks like progress is stalled and that won't happen?

Also crafting is unfun in almost every game, please devs everywhere stop trying to torture us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its been two years since I originally backed and played Crowfall, and it looks like they still have not given the combat engine a single ounce of love.

.... another $40 dollars down the drain. . . . .. .

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Its been two years since I originally backed and played Crowfall, and it looks like they still have not given the combat engine a single ounce of love.

.... another $40 dollars down the drain. . . . .. .
    2 years to develop an MMO...

I would expect another 2-3 years to go (which is also why I didn't back it, tofar into to future for me to spend money on)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    2 years to develop an MMO...

I would expect another 2-3 years to go (which is also why I didn't back it, tofar into to future for me to spend money on)
    I think they had MMO in development before kickstarter?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I think they had MMO in development before kickstarter?
    Here's a quick timeline: In 2013, they had 3-4 folks (AFAIK) starting the studio; it grew to 9-12 in 2014, they had 14-15 during Kickstarter in March 2015 and grew further to ~25 till the end of that year; Make it up to ~35 through 2016-17, and after recent hires it is ~45 as I type this.

So basically, they just started something that can - if we close one eye (hmm...make it both) - be called full development some 2-3 months ago. I'm saying this because people often bring 4-6 years of development for an MMO "forgetting" that we talk about AAA studios with hundreds of employees and ten times more money.

PS While I'm here, an update from last month:

CU... ...or CF ?

I swear I heard about this game years ago. Has it been in development this whole time?

Edit: Apparently yes.

The game is starting to really come together. One thing that I'm worried about is if these smaller studios really have a broad vision of where MMORPGs should be in 5-10 years when the initial project is established so that its not outdated the moment it hits the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The game is starting to really come together. One thing that I'm worried about is if these smaller studios really have a broad vision of where MMORPGs should be in 5-10 years when the initial project is established so that its not outdated the moment it hits the shelves.
    In Crowfall it's not really an issue imo because every new campaign brings a new map, set of rules and features. The 14th campaign world will have different victory conditions than the previous ones, different guilds competing, different arrangement of parcels, etc. so it always feels fresh.

-------------

Here's a recent video showing what's new in milestone 5.6:

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Fairly sure Guild Wars 2 failed because its endgame PvE model was strange compared to WoW's.

Rift was a game that copied WoW originally more than any other MMO has ever since afaik, and (again, afaik) it's the most successful MMO aside from WoW. I think that should say something.
    I don’t think GW2 “failed” in any sense of the word: it’s released two well regarded expansion and continues to provide (free) quality content updates. Rift has done pretty poorly and looks really dated. Games like ESO, Final Fantasy, Guild Wars 2 are doing pretty well.

Why does it still look like WoW of 2012?

Yeah, Warhammer pvp was good times. I was an Ork...maybe I smashed your little dwarf face in with my shield, hahaha.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    I don’t think GW2 “failed” in any sense of the word: it’s released two well regarded expansion and continues to provide (free) quality content updates. Rift has done pretty poorly and looks really dated. Games like ESO, Final Fantasy, Guild Wars 2 are doing pretty well.
    It failed in a sense that it, like every other MMO, is being compared to Warcraft metrics and if you don't pull in several million players consistently then it's automatically a failure.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Why does it still look like WoW of 2012?
    It's a f2p low budget, low effort, pvp MMO with no end-game, developed by a microscopic studio, and more akin to online survival games. What did you expect?!