Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Sounds like you should... you know... farm them on your alt.
    I know what you mean. But I don't have the time to play a second main. That's it.

I don't understand why I can't be possible for us (at this point in the xpansion) to have at least a token which is just BoA and will give that character a legendary which openes it.

I already got three tokens on my main (has all legendarys for his class) and it was three times a different class I will never play.

Quote Originally Posted by Volrog View Post
    Can't have people stockpiling essences to get a leggo on patch day. No fun allowed here.
    Because then people will complain about having to stuff their entire inventory with caches and being "forced by blizz" to grind their brains out for insta leggos on patch day. This makes that pretty much impossible to discourage people from feeling forced into terrible gameplay (that they choose for themselves but blame Blizzard for).

Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    If you could gain say 200 until that patch hits live at the current rate and then the rate changes to 10x the previous rate and the cost for a token is not 175 but say 1750, you will have gained the majestic 1/10th of a token by stockpiling which is not very impressive. Do you understand now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anomis View Post
    Because people can obtain them now and some people have 400+

The increase in drop rate is when 7.3.5 comes out to migate stocking up
    Oh I thought it was going to change before being released, didn't know they are available now but thanx

Quote Originally Posted by Lazzar View Post
    I know what you mean. But I don't have the time to play a second main. That's it.
    So then... why does your alt even need Legendaries?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    Because then people will complain about having to stuff their entire inventory with caches and being "forced by blizz" to grind their brains out for insta leggos on patch day. This makes that pretty much impossible to discourage people from feeling forced into terrible gameplay (that they choose for themselves but blame Blizzard for).
    Well, it is Blizzards fault since they made the system.

Quote Originally Posted by mber341 View Post
    So much this. I don't care if it's your 27th alt, earn it. There are already so many catch up mechanics, at some point a line needs to be drawn. So get in line.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why are blizzard making this shit so complicated

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Why are blizzard making this shit so complicated
    Complicated? It's pretty much simplified. Don't farm now, wait for 7.3.5, buy legendaries. In what world is that complicated?

10+ Year Old Account
    All these poor delusion people that still think skill and effort are an important factor in an RNG driven game. Especially with this half-assed Diablo 3 mechanics added to the game. In Diablo 3 the amount of time you spend on your main or your alt carries to all your characters rather than locking you into one. This should've been the case with Legion and Artifacts (at 110). More daily restrictions should've been applied to characters to prevent multi-character farming. Leveling your character to 110 and gear drops (maybe some achievements) are the only thing alts should be required to do separately.

Remember last time they said old emissary caches wouldn't carry over and they lied? Like every single time they said it wouldn't? Expect the same shit to happen again.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2018-01-09 at 01:50 AM.

Remember at blizzcon when blizzard said there'd be a way to target the legendary you want so you're not mindlessly grinding day in and out just to get denied over and over? Took them till the end of the expansion but we finally got it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We've just pushed a hotfix live that makes Wakening Essences drop for everyone, regardless of whether you're on the quest or not.
    Ya--

We'll also be dramatically increasing both the number of Essences required to purchase tokens and the rate at which you gain them in Patch 7.3.5. The overall time investment needed to purchase a token will stay roughly the same, but this will minimize the benefits of stockpiling Essences ahead of time.
    --ay...

The tokens are bind on pickup because we don't want to overly encourage players to farm Essences on alt characters in order to feed Legendary items to their mains. However, if you purchase and use a token on a character that already has all of the available legendaries for their class, you will be given a random BoA token for another class.
    Just how many players have managed to get all their class legendaries for a character, though? And random BoA token is still random. =/
    a good amount of people, im a normal raider who spends ALOT of time RPing, and i am only 2 away from having all my legendaries
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I'm actually fine with this. I had some pressure to do as much content as possible ASAP on my alts, now it's just taking it easy and no need to grind like a madman for free legendaries.

I'm still looking forward to getting rid of this shit system in BfA, but hey, progress in the meantime I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    For every player that does this 'fairly', there'd be another who goes "OMG now I need to roll 10 alts just to feed legendaries to my main THANKS BLIZZ ALTS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT FUN"
    Balancing your game around people who have nothing better to do with their time is not exactly a smart way to balance your game.

Plus, I didn't see anyone bitching about this when it was gold in Garrisons in WoD other than the fact it was the only thing to do. Legendaries are just a power increase with talents attached to them, stop acting like they are some uber special hyper awesome k00l beans system when in reality it's poorly designed RNG trying to recreate a feeling that never really existed in the first place, which in turn only causes more and more frustration.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    a good amount of people, im a normal raider who spends ALOT of time RPing, and i am only 2 away from having all my legendaries
    I have 3 legendaries on my main, so clearly there is a fundamental difference in play time as a contributing factor as someone who is generally casual with the side of RP. And I get it, taking breaks from the game for 3 months at a time does hamper your progression, but this shit should be catchup central by now.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by mber341 View Post
    They can help with mage tower appearances, in case they decide to swap mains in some future expansion and regret not getting the appearance, since the appearance unlocks aren't account-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioringas View Post
    I am happy they are making it harder to stockpile. Gives an unfair advantage to those that have the quest and can. I can not stockpile because all my leggos are at 1000 and can not pick up the quest anymore making it impossible to stockpile and I am sure many other players are in the same situation that I am.
    I have read this same type of comment and I still do not understand what advantage this is giving over anyone else? So an alt gets to have a few legos faster than someone else's alt? Really? It is a freaking alt... now if someone was wanting to main change at this point in the expansion, being able to gather essences now to get 2-3 legos when 7.3.5 comes out is actually a really nice boost to the character progression and HARMS NOBODY. Recall that they are not increasing the number of legos you can equip, so regardless if they gave you every lego for your spec on release, it would still not do anything to negatively impact anyone else; it would actually improve the option of playing alts.

But seriously, what advantage would it give someone if they could buy 2-3 legos when 7.3.5 on release day over anyone else that has been playing their main for over a year now...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Balancing your game around people who have nothing better to do with their time is not exactly a smart way to balance your game.

Plus, I didn't see anyone bitching about this when it was gold in Garrisons in WoD other than the fact it was the only thing to do. Legendaries are just a power increase with talents attached to them, stop acting like they are some uber special hyper awesome k00l beans system when in reality it's poorly designed RNG trying to recreate a feeling that never really existed in the first place, which in turn only causes more and more frustration.

- - - Updated - - -

I have 3 legendaries on my main, so clearly there is a fundamental difference in play time as a contributing factor as someone who is generally casual with the side of RP. And I get it, taking breaks from the game for 3 months at a time does hamper your progression, but this shit should be catchup central by now.
    well then you can get ones for your main, instead of ones for your alts
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

tottally agree with you, i do normal/heroic (same shit really) and i have all my hunter legendary. And isnt like i play 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Well, it is Blizzards fault since they made the system.
    What additional, specific solutions do you have in mind?

This is fine. Asking for specific BoA legendaries is unreasonable. If you want a legendary for your mage so much, don't spend time farming essences on your hunter, do it on your mage. And if you "don't have time to play" on your mage, then why do you need the legendary in the first place?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    They can help with mage tower appearances, in case they decide to swap mains in some future expansion and regret not getting the appearance, since the appearance unlocks aren't account-wide.
    Ironically those are usually totally different pieces from those considered BiS for anything else...