Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    What about this pitbull breed?

That breed only uses half it's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That’s dog bite fatalities, dude. We were discussing dog bites and attacks. The little girl didn’t die from this.
    I am aware. The first sentence (which includes the term "Dog bite fatalities") is written in ALL CAPS. I assure you i did not miss that.

I brought it up more for the people talking about banning pitbulls. You're more likely to be killed by your slippers than by any dog.

But to address the point you ignored. Yes, Dog bites are relatively common...but less common than baseball injuries.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Not a pitbull owner, but it IS the owner (and more specifically the upbringing), not the breed. The people saying "they're naturally aggressive", that's like saying "pizza caused my husbands heart attack therefore all pizza should be destroyed and banned". It's nonsense.
    No trying to compare someone getting fat to a breed of dog that was bred for dog fighting is nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Was there something 'wrong' with the child? A disease, genetic or otherwise, that may have triggered the dog to 'kill it' as part of its natural order? How many cases of random family pet attacks could also be attributed to this?
    lmfao irl 10

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I would never have a large animal of any breed around a young child. Would you?
    I have two kids and three dogs. Pug, Frenchie and pitbull.

Freak accident. Many things can happen that will kill you or a loved one when you least expect or would think otherwise. That's the cost of living- it's precarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid as hell to leave a dog unattended around any child, let alone a baby, let alone a pitbull. Oh well, she can thank her father for the facial mutilation.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Freak accident. Many things can happen that will kill you or a loved one when you least expect or would think otherwise. That's the cost of living- it's precarious.
    It's not really a freak accident considering the statistical data of pit bull attacks versus other breeds, especially considering death statistics, and the far more numerous prevalence of other breeds in the US versus pit bulls.

When are we going to get serious and realize that people breeding animals for aggression has consequences?

getting hit and killed by a drunk driver is precarious.

Having a dog that can kill bears around small children and it goes wrong is hardly a twist of fate

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    getting hit and killed by a drunk driver is precarious.

Having a dog that can kill bears around small children and it goes wrong is hardly a twist of fate
    I was hoping people would start coming to their senses when that 22 year old woman was killed and eaten by her two pit bulls a couple of weeks ago. Apparently not :/

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I mean, the article is vague on the details, but it doesn’t seem to indicate that the child was left unattended with the pitbull. It says, “the child was playing in the kitchen with her father nearby”.
    Yep. They are capable of doing a lot of damage very quickly. Esp. on a small child.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I was hoping people would start coming to their senses when that 22 year old woman was killed and eaten by her two pit bulls a couple of weeks ago. Apparently not :/
    They cant look past the love for their friend and past good experiences. Obviously not all pitbulls are the same and there will lots of loyal friends over millions of different dogs. But its just genetic history you cant argue, the fact they were cross bred for dog fighting / bear hunting and the natural instincts to rely on aggression as the best source of defense. They dont bluff, they charge. And also their bite the clamp and hold is incredibly damaging and disfiguring to a human in an attack combine that with insane size to strength ratio and you have a scary potential threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Man, I read "dad dabs dog to death"(
    how would a dab be lethal? i dont even what
    Hi

Freak accident? that's no freak accident, stories of Pitbulls snapping and attacking owners/children every other week in the news. (2 killing their owner last week)

As for big dogs and children? I have a golden retriever and she wouldn't hurt a fly & that's why I got that breed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Pitbull check, random snapping, check.

Same as every other random pitbull snapping out of nowhere attack check.

Lets wait for the thread to reach 10 pages saying its the owners fault again and not the breed.
    We're on page 6 so far, still going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    I had a lab bring a mouse inside in her mouth. Mouse was clearly shaken, but didnt seem to have been hurt.
    Our rottweiler doberman mix once brought my mom one of our baby mice after we'd had them out on a blanket on the couch and it crawled under a fold in the blanket and got missed when putting them back. She couldn't believe it when the dog opened his mouth and put the baby mouse in her hand hahah
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Our rottweiler doberman mix once brought my mom one of our baby mice after we'd had them out on a blanket on the couch and it crawled under a fold in the blanket and got missed when putting them back. She couldn't believe it when the dog opened his mouth and put the baby mouse in her hand hahah
    Aww <3 That's so cute!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Yes I would, these are 1 off stories, You can google plenty of dog protects baby videos. Though if there was one dog that I would be leery of, it would be a Pit bull, so it doesn't surprise me at all that is the dog in this story.
    Yes, dogs often protect their food.

Pit bulls are bred only to kill. Yet people act surprised when they do that. I'll never understand why. Do you act surprised when fire burns you? You can make a proper fire pit, but if you're not paying attention for even a second, you can start a wildfire that will burn the whole forest to cinders.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I don't recall many pitbull owners believing the science behind selective genetics at all. Don't think that is going to change.

This is one of those things where I disagree with the vast majority of people that I normally agree with.
    Most people I think are very defensive of dogs and refuse to acknowledge that it can be dangerous to have this kind of dog. I think dogs can be great pets sure, but that's not to say that they can't be dangerous too, particularly ones with such lethal force.
    People romanticize the bonds they create with their pets, but I think it's naive. As much as you train your dog, you still have a being with its own mind that can be unpredictable or triggered by things you are not aware of. Are you so confident about your skills as an owner that you'd let a massive dog with incredible force and potential for violence near your baby? I know I wouldn't, regardless of how well trained the dog was. But I don't have a dog so I don't have to deal with that.

Deleted
    Wrong type of dog to keep in a chaotic little kids' home, nothing new here to be seen or said. Could've kept a resting area for the dog somewhere, perhaps, to let it withdraw when it was upset.