Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raziella View Post
    If the allied races are released during this cycle, before BfA officially releases, then it's ok. It's just extending current content.
    Although, I'd like to see the rep requirements dropped after BfA releases, and have them exist for people getting a "head start" on the races.

If the allied races come out only after the launch of BfA, and you're required to go back and grind rep in the OLD expansion, then that's pretty damn stupid.
    Thats likely what's going to happen. 3-5 months after 7.3.5 we will get allied races. (Prediction)

lol this kind of logic got us to the crap we have now. I pay for the game why I can't take a step into nax! double standards!

now same people crying for "I paid for the game! Why do I have to unlock wtf"

What is next? How low you can go for?

Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    Thats likely what's going to happen. 3-5 months after 7.3.5 we will get allied races. (Prediction)
    And I think this would be a great way to help keep people playing during the gap, especially if they want people to do a full leveling experience to get the armor sets. No one's going to want to take the time to level a character from 20 or go grind some old expac rep when there's new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I've heard a few people bring up an interesting point about buying the BFA expansion, with a perk being Allied Races, but then also having to "unlock" them and it feels weird you can't automatically get them for the purchase.

For me personally, I already have the achievements I need to play all the races so this doesn't apply to me, but I find the principle an interesting discussion point.

Do you think it's a valid concern that you have to "unlock" allied races that are pitched as a perk of buying the BFA expansion? Like you would have to "unlock" a Demon Hunter, even though you bought the expansion it and it was pitched as a main feature.

Or do you consider it something like buying an expansion with the opportunity to unlock said allied races, sort of like you buy Legion, but you don't automatically get access to 110. You have to work through the levels. Or although you bought Legion to play a Demon Hunter, you still had to level it. (Or do you contest those are even fair analogies).

On the other hand, the unlock requirements for the Legion-based allied races are... Legion content technically.
    I'm personally beyond sick of people crying about this. It isn't like they're charging extra $$ for the allied races: they're asking you to experience the stories in-game that lead to their joining their respective factions. And that makes perfect sense - just like Mists led into WoD, just like WoD led into Legion, Legion will lead into BFA. So its entirely reasonable to say 'hey, in order to play as these guys, you need to understand WHY you're able to play as them.'

Just like BC didn't give everyone free Netherdrakes, just like Wrath didn't give everyone free ICC achievement mounts, etc etc. You had to engage with the content and earn those things. A year, or near enough, will have passed between the announcement of allied races and the release of BFA: so maybe instead of whining like a bunch of overly-entitled children on a forum, people could work on the stuff needed to unlock them. If you're too lazy to work on rep, or too 'omg fuck retail' to play the current game, why the hell should content be designed around you?

If the game hands us everything, people bitch. If the game makes us work for anything, people bitch. There really is no pleasing some people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    Most likely as a pre-order kind of deal, which works for me.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Who cares? We've bought and played through an expansion that brought no new races or classes before.

The Allied races are a feature rewarded for purchasing BFA. You should not be required to go back and complete Legion content to unlock content in a newer expansion you have already paid for, imo.

I'd be fine if they required faction grinding and quests within the new BFA content to unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    The Allied races are a feature rewarded for purchasing BFA. You should not be required to go back and complete Legion content to unlock content in a newer expansion you have already paid for, imo.

I'd be fine if they required faction grinding and quests within the new BFA content to unlock.
    Well, you got about 6-10 months. Go do the requirements. All it takes is playing the game. It doesn't require skill. Just you actually doing this genius concept called playing the game. Where you go out and do content that is very easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm personally beyond sick of people crying about this. It isn't like they're charging extra $$ for the allied races: they're asking you to experience the stories in-game that lead to their joining their respective factions. And that makes perfect sense - just like Mists led into WoD, just like WoD led into Legion, Legion will lead into BFA. So its entirely reasonable to say 'hey, in order to play as these guys, you need to understand WHY you're able to play as them.'

Just like BC didn't give everyone free Netherdrakes, just like Wrath didn't give everyone free ICC achievement mounts, etc etc. You had to engage with the content and earn those things. A year, or near enough, will have passed between the announcement of allied races and the release of BFA: so maybe instead of whining like a bunch of overly-entitled children on a forum, people could work on the stuff needed to unlock them. If you're too lazy to work on rep, or too 'omg fuck retail' to play the current game, why the hell should content be designed around you?

If the game hands us everything, people bitch. If the game makes us work for anything, people bitch. There really is no pleasing some people.

- - - Updated - - -

Most likely as a pre-order kind of deal, which works for me.
    I already have the requirements complete. I'm just stating it doesn't make sense to make people do old Legion content to get content they paid for in the BFA box. It doesn't fit the precedent of previous expansions. When you bought an expansion box, you had access to any featured race or class immediately.

I'm ok with the quest lines. Maybe they could just erase the reputation requirements and let Suramar be completable without reputation.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the unlock requirements end up only being for playing them pre-BFA because you're right it seems a bit weird to require playing a bunch of Legion to play what is essentially a BFA feature. It also would seem super tedious to people who come back for BFA and will seem even weireder the further past Legion we get. Maybe it will be an 8.1 one thing or BFA will have an alternate unlock method that makes more sense in BFA's narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    So, what's the point here?

To complain about not getting something immediately at launch?
    Yeah, I mean it's not like we got Draenai, Blood Elves, Death Knights, Worgen, Goblins, Pandaren, Monks, and Demon Hunters immediately at launch...oh, right.

You don't get legendaries just for purchasing the game, do you?
    Basically, yes. You get them after completing one rather simple quest...almost instantly when you get to the new Legion content (after the now skippable intro scenario, of course). So about 30-45 minutes into a two-year long expansion, tops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    WoW would be a great game if it weren't an MMO.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard a few people bring up an interesting point about buying the BFA expansion, with a perk being Allied Races, but then also having to "unlock" them and it feels weird you can't automatically get them for the purchase.

For me personally, I already have the achievements I need to play all the races so this doesn't apply to me, but I find the principle an interesting discussion point.

Do you think it's a valid concern that you have to "unlock" allied races that are pitched as a perk of buying the BFA expansion? Like you would have to "unlock" a Demon Hunter, even though you bought the expansion it and it was pitched as a main feature.

Or do you consider it something like buying an expansion with the opportunity to unlock said allied races, sort of like you buy Legion, but you don't automatically get access to 110. You have to work through the levels. Or although you bought Legion to play a Demon Hunter, you still had to level it. (Or do you contest those are even fair analogies).

On the other hand, the unlock requirements for the Legion-based allied races are... Legion content technically.
    Nah, doesn't fly as a valid argument for me. There's no mandate that a feature of anything ever should be immediately available just because you bought it.
    Sure, people can complain all they like that they have to perform extra steps (and they are), but that doesn't make this design decision wrong. Or right. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The 7.3.5 allied races are Legion content, not BfA content. The Zandalar trolls and Dark Iron dwarves are allied races coming with BfA, which is why the reputation requirement for the the four allied races that will soon come is justified.
    They've updated the allied race requirements on the PTR, they now include the questing achievement, exalted rep, and having purchased the BfA expansion. Either they're trying to throw people off the scent, or the allied races won't be unlocked till the pre-orders open up.

Anyone know about how long before the actual release the pre-orders start? Hell, where is BfA in the alpha/beta cycle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    WoW would be a great game if it weren't an MMO.

Deleted
    The thing that annoys me is that they are locked to a realm, so going to another realm your options are a transfer or doing all the rep stuff again :/

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    The thing that annoys me is that they are locked to a realm, so going to another realm your options are a transfer or doing all the rep stuff again :/
    Um what? It's all account wide - you just have to have a 110 on a realm you want to create Allied races on...

But again you're comparing zones and raids to races. Races are not gameplay. Zones are gameplay. Races are a feature.
    It's part of what you're paying access for, whether it's content, a "feature" or whatever. It's been advertised from the beginning as something you have to work to get, it's never been an automatic thing you get just for buying the expansion. It's entirely optional. Why is it so bad for you to work towards something?

Also, the whole spending weeks leveling is bullshit. You get free boosts for buying the game now, it's your choice whether you decide to boost a new character in order to get high enough to work on unlocking the races or do it manually and use the boost on your newly unlocked race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I'd agree with you if those reps and races weren't part of the previous expansion.

Really the only major issue I have with the whole thing is that you will need to go back and do a previous expansions content in order to get a current expansions content.

It's not going to affect me one way or the other, I already have all of them done several times over, but for new players or those coming back from an extended break it's going to stink spending decent amounts of time in a previous expansion just to get the race you want. Then you get to level again or spend a bunch of money.
    If it's something you REALLY want, those things will be trivial to get at max level. I'm guessing that just like with the Suramar questing, the Argus questing and reputations will be streamlined. I highly doubt they'll require new players to go and grind world quests on Argus to reach Exalted.

7+ Year Old Account
    It would be fine IMO, if it wasn't such a massive deterrent to any new players arriving during BfA.

Some new player goes "oh cool, purple elves, that looks fun!" then has to level a new character to 110 AND spend possibly a few months (WQ spawns and emissary spawn dependant) grinding on Argus just to unlock a feature that attracted them to the game.

IMO keep the rep grind for early access and expansion release, remove rep grind when the first mythic raid unlocks.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15+ Year Old Account
    If one of the main features of the expansion is allied races, then those should be unlocked by default, without the need to do old content. Assuming reputation is needed.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's part of what you're paying access for, whether it's content, a "feature" or whatever. It's been advertised from the beginning as something you have to work to get, it's never been an automatic thing you get just for buying the expansion. It's entirely optional. Why is it so bad for you to work towards something?

Also, the whole spending weeks leveling is bullshit. You get free boosts for buying the game now, it's your choice whether you decide to boost a new character in order to get high enough to work on unlocking the races or do it manually and use the boost on your newly unlocked race.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's something you REALLY want, those things will be trivial to get at max level. I'm guessing that just like with the Suramar questing, the Argus questing and reputations will be streamlined. I highly doubt they'll require new players to go and grind world quests on Argus to reach Exalted.
    Doesn't really matter if it's streamlined imo. It's still ridiculous to make someone play an old expansion for something that is part of a new one.

I mean how would people feel if they had to clear Antorus just to access the new zones in BfA? Yeah it's easy, but it's still stupid imo.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2018-01-09 at 04:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    oh nice, are we doing another EA style hate fest again
    Really?... Really? You trying to downplay what is illegal gambling targeting children to a race unlock through gameplay and saying they are both the same level? For shame dude. You are showing the worst of the human race right there.