10+ Year Old Account

ulduar, well of eternity and night elves

So been farming for Mimiron's head (painful ass process I tell ya) and just noticed something that I cant believe ive missed for so many years.

Ulduar has projections/holograms of some of azeroths races. There are holograms of
    1. Tauren/Taunka
    2. Earthen/Dwaves
    3. Night elf/elf

There is a problem with this. Timeline is whack out of order.

The well of eternity was formed DURING the war of the titan forged vs the black empire. When the titan forged moved to Y'shrajj, Amanthul ripped out Y'shrajj, killing it but creating the well. Now since the well is just now formed, that means dark trolls have yet to find it, settle by it and thus be changed by it. After Yogg (who was the last one to be defeated) Ulduar was built around him.

Then thousands of years later, I mean alot happens, Loken, Galakarond, Empowering of the flights, Helya etc etc etc (not specially in that order), then the trolls get going about, then the dark trolls settle by the well and thus get changed/evolved into night elves.

So how does a prison built BEFORE this transformation occurs, hold holograms of a race that has yet to evolve, even given that this evolution was not really planned. Also if there are night elves, where are the trolls? (in b4 under a bridge)

Now I see two points
    1. Holograms/Projections w.e could be changing? I mean if these things have enough magical prowess to combat other magical beings that shouldnt be an issue and thus it would make sense that way but then one can ask:
    the night elf one and the tauren one is live, but if they are showing that dwarf with the night elf battling what looks like an elegon type dragon, then where are the gnomes. and if that is an earthen with the night elf, where are the mechagnome then? And why are trolls missing?! lol

2. Or its just as simple as that lore besides some very small core things is subject to change at a moments notice, and we should stop created multiple page long threads about why the nightborne joined the horde and why the lightforged joined the alliance.

I am gonna go with 2 XD. In any case, it was interesting to me.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

2 is definitely right my friend u have reached enlightenment on wow lore at last congratulations

the chronicles are nice but in another 5 years when they have run out of storylines again they will be selling us a new set of ultimate definitive guides with all new and different retcons in them

The titan constructs were at war for awhile after the titans got a message from Sargeras telling them "yo, we need to discuss srs shit" and ganked their asses. So, there was time after the forming of the well for NE to come about, and likely not expand far north to where Yogg was. I guess you could also say the holograms changed with time, automatically or intentionally.

Most likely, it is point 2.

Option 2 is the correct answer, but the least fun.

More fun is to speculate that Ulduar is/was a living city/facility. This is held up by the Warrior order hall quests where you gather up the watchers and stormforged from Ulduar to be of zero help in Tomb of Sargeras or on Argus.

Since it is a living city it's certain that they've remodeled a time or two and just put up artwork they liked.

The other option is that those are statues that look like Earthen, Dwarves, Night Elves, Tauren and such but aren't. They are statues related to Titan history in and of itself separate of Azeroth and show Constellar heroes and forms. The Constellar being one of the forms the titans take as well as the form of their servants such as Algalon.

even when ppl already agreed that point 2 is best bet, i translate it for you in blizzard speech:

„how? cost effective. make money /w shit. no quality stories needed. recycle lore. cauz they buy it. $$$. yeah!“
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-01-07 at 03:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, as logical as 2 sounds it's pretty damn annoying. Oh wells
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    You are overthinking this.The answer is blindingly obvious.

For whatever reason, the inhabitants of Ulduar added those holograms after the fact.

It could just be interior decorating for all we know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Wasn't ulduar Observation facility on top of being prison of yogg saron ? Maybe they added holograms of races they seen develop ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    You are overthinking this.The answer is blindingly obvious.

For whatever reason, the inhabitants of Ulduar added those holograms after the fact.

It could just be interior decorating for all we know.
    This no one has confirmed that all of Ulduar was all built in one go. In fact despite Oydn making off with the section of the prison there doesn't appear to be any damage suggesting them might have rebuilt it.

Or we could just say the holograms have been kept up to date by their keepers and not worry so much about all this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Or we could just say the holograms have been kept up to date by their keepers and not worry so much about all this.
    Right. Flesh-cursed dwarves certainly weren't created by Khaz'Goroth, and yet they come up in Uldaman as an acceptable variant.

Another possibility is that the Dark Trolls weren't the first to be fashioned in Elune's image.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

I say magic, it's always magic. Anything is possible with magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    It's pretty clear Night Elves appearance, by way of Cenarius, is older than dark trolls. Perhaps you are seeing Elune and a Young Malorne, afterall it's a deer with an elf iirc. Trolls are also featured separately along with human-looking titans themselves.
    This would be my answer as well. Elune reformed the night elves in her image and there is a certain likelihood that the Titans know her.

Around WotLK, Blizzard realized they had to actually start doing more with the lore, but a lot of what they put in WotLK has been changed by now. This was also still around the time that Gameplay>Lore so a lot of the art designs and stuff were not 100% discussed with the lore guys. They even said the globes were more of a cool factor and they didn't think it through putting them in.

With the celestial designs and stuff, I want to believe that it's just monitoring systems that have been taking notes about Azeroth's developing races in the early stage, before Ulduar went to shit.