Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    No, but someone considering you less than human and a slave is much worse.
    Trying to see your point. Your idea of an instance of slavery is more wrong than another because /reason?

I mean we have the example of the capturing people and turning them into sun batteries or free labor, but hold on black people had it the worst cause they had to work for white people and might have gotten lynched. Sort of hard sell here compared to having your heart ripped out of your chest so the people who owned you could hopefully make the sun keep rising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's not just judging people, but using the government to take away their freedoms based on those beliefs. That sounds a lot like thought policing to me.
    Nothing is being taken away. If I don’t buy you a birthday present, according to your logic that is me taking away one of your birthday presents...yours is a nonsense argument.

We had this conversation before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    If I were a black slave in the 15th-19th century, I'd rather be a black slave in the Islamic world, than a black slave in the Americas.

No doubt about it.
    There’s a decent chance they’d have cut your balls off, but whatever floats your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    There’s a decent chance they’d have cut your balls off, but whatever floats your boat.
    Actually castration was pretty common for slaves in the US aside from those that were picked for breeding, it was also used as a form of punishment.

Nothing is being taken away. If I don’t buy you a birthday present, according to your logic that is me taking away one of your birthday presents...yours is a nonsense argument.

We had this conversation before.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, freedom is being taken away, that is clear. You are basing it off of someone's thoughts, making it thought policing.

We have had this conversation before, and I'm sure we'll have it again.

You can't make broad statements on slavery as it varies much. You can not even make broad statements on slavery in Scandinavia like you did OP as it was not a coherent country with uniform laws. You could also argue that slavery was legal in Europe a hundred years ago if you consider debt slavery as a form of slavery.

If you just say "slavery", most people will think of the US variety however and that was very much a black/white thing. It was also especially awful as you could be born into slavery which is rare.

Lastly, there are MORE SLAVES IN THE WORLD TODAY THAN THERE HAS EVER BEEN! It just isn't legal anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Its adorable you think you can cherry pick one tiny segment of human history to make a strawman fallacy
    ? Trying to tell me that nobody ever said "you're a n****, you can't be more than a slave"?

For some I'm sure it was a superiority complex due to their white skin color.

For others it was enough that a slave was just poor.

I'm sorry I'm triggering so many people by saying slavery had more than one reason.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2018-01-09 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah nothing better that Alt-Left and Alt-White or Alt-Center white guys want to talk about racism and slavery and everyone else suggesting we should all just get over it.

Yeah I’ll take a hard pass on those who have no clue about my problems or a whole race of people and what they think WE should all do.

Gotta remind them we are not all on the same side and are never going to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah Elba is right and I don’t always agree with him but calling him a racist or communist just because you disagree isn’t any different.
    Except he's even said before in previous threads that he's a Commie. That automatically makes his opinions worthless.

Whether it's racially motivated or financially motivated, slavery is slavery. When you try to argue that it's somehow worse when White people do it, that makes you a racist.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Except he's even said before in previous threads that he's a Commie. That automatically makes his opinions worthless.

Whether it's racially motivated or financially motivated, slavery is slavery. When you try to argue that it's somehow worse when White people do it, that makes you a racist.
    That isn't the argument. Not allowing hand waving black slavery, by saying what about white slavery isn't racism. It's having no tolerance for a BS failed argument. Every example suggest is nothing anywhere near the slavery in the U.S of Black people.

As for Elba's ideology, well I guess you see that's where I am tolerant, because while I am not a communist, I wouldn't dismiss the other 90% of the time Elba is right on about his arguments. He's got a good track record.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    As true as that is, and it is a fair point to make and also great to make the definitive acknowledgement that it is merely about those deemed lesser that we have a frequent past of enslaving. But I think that white slaves were one of the few that didn't afterwards see definitive discriminatory laws after their end in slavery, granted I could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    So? "But other nations had slaves" is the usual deflection racist white Americans like to use to downplay slavery in America. Same with the "but blacks sold some of them to us". Not an excuse for the atrocities, isn't it? More like whataboutism.

Especially when you compare the prisoner of war slavery, more like indentured servitude really, practiced by most folks historically, including African tribes, to the dehumanizing, racial based chattel slavery, that was practiced in the American south. Where black people literally were treated like animals. Which adds a whole other quality to it.

You should really read up on chattel slavery. You might learn something and get a different perspective.
    This is why no one takes you seriously, Elba. No one is "downplaying" the slavery that happened in the USA. You're the only one "deflecting" here. You selectively ignore the thousands of years of slavery that happened before America even existed, then call people racist when they call you out on your bullshit. There's still a Slave Trade in Africa and the Middle East, yet you remain conveniently silent because it's not White people doing it. You're a fucking joke, dude. XD

- - - Updated - - -

That isn't the argument. Not allowing hand waving black slavery, by saying what about white slavery isn't racism. It's having no tolerance for a BS failed argument. Every example suggest is nothing anywhere near the slavery in the U.S of Black people.

As for Elba's ideology, well I guess you see that's where I am tolerant, because while I am not a communist, I wouldn't dismiss the other 90% of the time Elba is right on about his arguments. He's got a good track record.
    Except that is an argument. At not point did I say that the slavery that happened in the US wasn't race based or excusable, so learn to fucking read.

I really don't care if you believe Elba or not. That doesn't change the fact he's a racist bigoted piece of s*** Commie, and that you're a self-righteous c*** who has a distorted definition of "tolerance". Fun Fact: Tolerating blatant racism against White people doesn't make you the "good guy". Cheers, fucko.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why no one takes you seriously, Elba. No one is "downplaying" the slavery that happened in the USA. You're the only one "deflecting" here. You selectively ignore the thousands of years of slavery that happened before America even existed, then call people racist when they call you out on your bullshit. There's still a Slave Trade in Africa and the Middle East, yet you remain conveniently silent because it's not White people doing it. You're a fucking joke, dude. XD
    I take him seriously, so stop trying to speak for everyone like so many love to do around here, even when I disagree with him I sure as hell don't agree with you. Elba os right what you call a a tomato isn't a tomato, you don't know what you are talking about and by using terms like slavery to hand wave real slavery that happen to black people in this country.

You and those who always post about this have no authority moral or otherwise to speak otherwise, you are just typing 60 year old rhetorical nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Except that is an argument. At not point did I say that the slavery that happened in the US wasn't race based or excusable, so learn to fucking read.

I really don't care if you believe Elba or not. That doesn't change the fact he's a racist bigoted piece of s*** Commie, and that you're a self-righteous c*** who has a distorted definition of "tolerance". Fun Fact: Tolerating blatant racism against White people doesn't make you the "good guy". Cheers, fucko.

No, I am not tolerant of idiots who choose to be racist then try to revise history to support their bullshit when they aren't trying to drag pseudo science to do the same thing.

I am not on your side and you aren't on mine.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Now this is a thread I feel I very suited for, and I can get my point across without any words at all.

Last edited by nanook12; 2018-01-09 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marakesh View Post
    IIRC after that big slave rebellion they had in the (our) dark ages, the middle east was mainly getting females slaves from West Africa. That's part of what made the Atlantic slave trade profitable, there were more West African men available for sale.

Basically, you are saying you'd rather be a harem girl than in agriculture? Tough choice there.
    The ratio was roughly 2 to 1. Anyway, at least male slaves in the Islamic world had a chance to improve their lot in life. In the Americas, the only thing a slave could do was run away. Even if they became free, the threat of being kidnapped and being placed back into slavery was always a danger.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, American slaves also got their balls cut off. At least the Islamist were equal opportunity ball cutters, instead of the Americans who only wanted to cut black balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Taxes when used properly is in no way theft. Even when used improperly you agree to the terms of taxes when you live in society and use the infulstuctre thoses taxes have paid for. If you don’t want to pay taxes go live by your self off the land in the woods.
    Might want to open your eyes and actually read what you quoted, thanks.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

The fact that white people continue to make so many different, and often mutually incompatible, excuses for slavery is as clear as sign as any that, yes, whites enslaving blacks in the Americas was in fact something uniquely awful that isn't matched by other historical examples of the practice. What's so wrong with just acknowledging that "you know, slavery was some fucked up shit, and while I wasn't there, I'm sorry for what my ancestors did to your ancestors"?

Deleted
    So, thanks for admitting you support thought policing. As for me, I do not. You are free to believe and think whatever you want.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not just judging people, but using the government to take away their freedoms based on those beliefs. That sounds a lot like thought policing to me.
    Thanks for admitting we shouldn't give a shit about your thoughts and beliefs if you're not able or willing to police yourself.

It just didnt end with slavery, African Americans still had to deal with bs afterwards also which some of you refuse to acknowledge. Too many people were complicit with Jim Crow laws, segregation and the kkk harassing and killing with no consequences.

Deleted
    What a trainwreck of a thread, am not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Lol, Yuan dynasty China had so many slaves, there were slaves who had their own slaves. The Mongols considered having a Korean slave girl pretty as a basic status symbol.
    So? It's a human thing. But none relocated tens of millions to use in hard labor, and eventually starving to death. The worst slavers in the history of mankind is Colonial powers, period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, freedom is being taken away, that is clear. You are basing it off of someone's thoughts, making it thought policing.

We have had this conversation before, and I'm sure we'll have it again.
    If someone doesn’t have the right to enter a country, then not allowing them entry is not taking anything away from them.