Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    the horror of Catherine Tate.
    Them's fightin' words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I liked the Christmas episode and i liked how they melded the old doctor just before his regeneration into the new show.

I must admit i clocked that it was the Brigadiers dad more or less from the beginning and i wasnt too surprised to find out that it was but i did like the call back especially seeing how iam a big fan of Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart and it was criminal how he never got a chance to appear in the new show. I guess you could say now that is why the doctor had such a bond with him but i always thought it was because they had a close working relationship.

Anyway i wonder if this episode was about trying to meld the old show more into the continuity of the new show. Basically making the first doctor see that its his job to save the universe and thats why he turned into Patrick Troughtons doctor who was more into doing that than he really was.

Must say as someone who doesnt really care for Christmas specials this was prolly one of the best.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Them's fightin' words.
    I can see why people did not like her from the start, was a bit annoying, but she had great character development. The only companion with better companion development was..what Rory?

Speaking of which, you guys think we will get a (true) male companion now? I have wanted that for so long, one that is not attached to a female companion.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I can see why people did not like her from the start, was a bit annoying, but she had great character development. The only companion with better companion development was..what Rory?
    Donna and Rory were both excellent. Wasn't a big fan of Rory to start with, but on second viewing, and onwards, he was one of my favourite companions.

Speaking of which, you guys think we will get a (true) male companion now? I have wanted that for so long, one that is not attached to a female companion.
    I think we're getting a group. One of them IS a man though, so that's nice!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

older man, younger boy and younger girl (we dont know whether theyre a couple or not)
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Donna and Rory were both excellent. Wasn't a big fan of Rory to start with, but on second viewing, and onwards, he was one of my favourite companions.
    I still haven't watched most of the Donna episodes...don't know why I seem to always miss them, but still.

Sometimes I think Rory was the real companion and not Amy, he was on the whole I think a better character.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I still haven't watched most of the Donna episodes...don't know why I seem to always miss them, but still.

Sometimes I think Rory was the real companion and not Amy, he was on the whole I think a better character.
    It's really worth checking her season out. It's all on Netflix, so it's not hard to find. I do really think a LOT of the love for Tennant comes from the season he did with Donna, there honestly isn't an episode I dislike from their run together.

As for Rory... Yeah, that's actually a pretty fair conclusion. Amy always felt like more of a plot point, she was the McGuffin which set of most of the plots and then Rory was the companion along for the ride.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Silence in the Library was my all time fave episode of DT's run as the Doctor.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Silence in the Library was my all time fave episode of DT's run as the Doctor.
    That episode scares the shit out of me....so I can't really go back and watch it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

What if 13th is Susan's grandmother and grandfather?!?!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I believe the last male companion that was a full blown season regular and not a boyfriend of a companion was Jamie McCrimmon. Rory was a boyfriend of the main companion. Jack Harkness was just there for a few episodes. For moment, you might think the correct answer is Turlough EXCEPT that Frazer Hines reprised his role as Jamie in the Two Doctors, a 6th Doctor story. That makes Jamie the last male companion that was a season regular.

Its interesting to note that Fraser Hines was born in 1944. He was 22 when he first took on the role of Jamie in the Highlanders. He was 40 when he reprised his role in the Two Doctors, and in fact he still looked very young in that episode almost as if he had not aged.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Them's fightin' words.
    Be warned if any fight breaks out I'm siding with Gaaz on this one. Catherine Tate is cancer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    However, the Tardis actively throwing her out, in light of controversy around the gender swap, was not a good move.
    It didnt she FELL out....
    It gives validation to the sexist dissenters regardless of how it resolves. If they wanted her out of the Tardis to set up the next episode, just have her be crazy and jump out. No need to even provide an inch to suggest the Tardis is jealous or doesn't approve of her gender either.
    Only stupid SJW will see it this way....
    Why not Ashildr? Why not Missy? He had more of a bond with Missy than Clara.
    none of them where the doctors companions but you wont understand that argument in your state of hate anyway....

You need to post something that is actually discussable and more than just an image.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2018-01-12 at 01:58 AM.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    It didnt she FELL out....
    The TARDIS is ejecting her. They made it pretty clear when its turned sideways and literally shaking up and down to try to dump everything out. As she falls out, the console room erupts in a ball of fire. She would have died in flames otherwise.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Am I the only one who's getting worried about all this weird fantasy-like forests/prarie/sunset imagery they're showing in the backgrounds/vid of her so far?

I dismissed it initially durring the reveal video of her as a "whatever" for the sake of just unveiling her... but every other image released since than has that weird Naturey/sunset/prarie vibe going on.

Where I'm getting at is... I'm hoping the series direction isn't going to switch more from Sci-Fi to just outright Fantasy, as all the imagery really kinda feels more like a fantasy setting than the Sci-fi/Sci-Fantasy that Doctor Who normally is. IMO they've already dabbed way too far into the sci-Fantasy realm and need to dial it back a bit to the Sci-Fi... I hope it's not going the other way. >.>
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2018-01-13 at 07:07 PM.

rumour is this is rosa parks bus

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    rumour is this is rosa parks bus
    Hopefully it will be a pure historical and not have another alien invasion where she was secretly apart of some alien order who came here to stop racism and to protect the planet from intergalactic racists or some shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by gsfgsjjkg View Post
    Hopefully it will be a pure historical and not have another alien invasion where she was secretly apart of some alien order who came here to stop racism and to protect the planet from intergalactic racists or some shit like that.
    its doctor who. there will be aliens somewhere.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor