Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    Annnnnnd they'll be back annnnnnnnd they'll all be Void Elves.....

I have a sneaky suspicion that Damage not interrupting spellcasting might be a little better than a 1% racial difference over a fight. I won't even mention the teleport
    Unlikely from the damage perspective. To compensate for the damage buff you have to be interrupted once every 25 seconds. I am a little rusty on current interrupt mechanics, but if memory serves correctly, unless you are constantly getting single targeted by spells or melee, there is no way you are getting that in current raids. DoTs do not interrupt and most boss AoE that does not knock you back generally does not happen that often. Teleport is nice though. But its usefulness is very niche, not to mention cooldown gap. It is not going to be a mage blink style teleport which is almost always at the ready. It is similar to rocket jump

Racials are pretty even now. The reason guilds go alliance is because as was already said, the player pool is larger, mainly because racials used to NOT be so even, so a ton of people went horde and just never bothered going back once racials were balanced.

Nerfing racials isn't going to make people go back alliance.

I think everyone agrees that the blood elf silence is way too powerful in M+ to not go horde for that purpouse but otherwise the racials won't make or break anything outside of maybe the world first race which includes 2-4 guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I think everyone agrees that the blood elf silence is way too powerful in M+ to not go horde for that purpouse but otherwise the racials won't make or break anything outside of maybe the world first race which includes 2-4 guilds.
    I mean, maybe at the start, but if you're alliance, going horde for Arcane Torrent now for 55 bucks would be silly.

"That has always been the case partly because of stronger racials, but also because there just always was a bigger and established community on the Horde side"

If they remove power racials, why would the community shift? If anything, they'd have to make Alliance have the strongest racials by a big margin to ensure a mass exodus from Horde to Alliance.

The only way to change this around is to actually overpower Alliance races and once a sufficient number of guilds moves over to the Alliance, make the racials the same for both factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The only way to change this around is to actually overpower Alliance races and once a sufficient number of guilds moves over to the Alliance, make the racials the same for both factions.

Problem with that is probably that if you overpower Alliance racials enough to make it worthwhile for the top guilds that then suddenly most of if not all top guilds will change, possibly swinging the balance the other way around.

Having played on both Alliance and Horde, I will say that Alliance players are generally more well-adjusted, have IRL social connections, and maybe not as dedicated while Horde players have a bigger share of no-lifers who are really good at this game but at the expense of out of game social relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Jqu View Post
    Having played on both Alliance and Horde, I will say that Alliance players are generally more well-adjusted, have IRL social connections, and maybe not as dedicated while Horde players have a bigger share of no-lifers who are really good at this game but at the expense of out of game social relationships.
    And I've had the exact opposite experience. Odd how unreliable anecdotal evidence can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean, maybe at the start, but if you're alliance, going horde for Arcane Torrent now for 55 bucks would be silly.
    Not really no, it's just not a very pressing issue until you're going well over +20's. After that a coordinated belf group will generally perform a lot better than one without Arcane Torrent since pretty much every dungeon casters in the majority of all pulls. In raids on the other hand it hardly makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    They are removing AT silence though, so it will not be a factor anymore.
    Ah cool, then we're all good in my book

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    Race performance for current BM hunter, equal gear etc... :

Remind me, why does anyone consider racials to be the deciding factor for switching to horde side?
    How does Tauren pull ahead of Dwarf on this chart when they have exactly the same racial? Namely 2% crit damage. As cool as warstomp or stoneform are, they're non dps racials and the only dps racial is equal between those 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    How does Tauren pull ahead of Dwarf on this chart when they have exactly the same racial? Namely 2% crit damage. As cool as warstomp or stoneform are, they're non dps racials and the only dps racial is equal between those 2.
    They're likely within error of one another if they're exactly the same but we can't see all of the sim settings used

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    They're likely within error of one another if they're exactly the same but we can't see all of the sim settings used
    I think people are trying to assign "dps value" as the only point of superiority of a racial and then we see they're within statistical margin of error. But the issue is the utility of some racials, like mass silence in m+, rocket jump on mythic KJ, human "trinket" in pvp and so forth. All these were strong enough to draw players to race / faction change, yet they're mostly about utility. Utility is hard to put into numbers and prove "see, this is x% stronger than the other thing".

10+ Year Old Account
    I can bet that they do that not because of racials, but because they can get better picks from player pool. Because horde has more top level guilds
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Is OP a top mythic raider?
    Why does he think these racials make such a huge difference that he needs to start such a thread causing so much outrage?

I really dont think 98% of the player base chooses their character depending on racials.
    So, OP, pls try trolling harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are trying to assign "dps value" as the only point of superiority of a racial and then we see they're within statistical margin of error. But the issue is the utility of some racials, like mass silence in m+, rocket jump on mythic KJ, human "trinket" in pvp and so forth. All these were strong enough to draw players to race / faction change, yet they're mostly about utility. Utility is hard to put into numbers and prove "see, this is x% stronger than the other thing".
    Isn't it easier to roll engineering for rocket jump than rerolling to goblin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

They are within margin of error, which is about +\- 2k in SimCraft 10000 run simulations with numbers that high. Here we have a 1.5k difference between the two. Treat anything less than 0.3% different as essentially the same.

Deleted
    Racials might be a small issue in raids, but believe me, if you are even semi interested in doing some challenging m+ content, you either go horde, or you are just gimping yourself, period.
    This shit should've been fixed a looooooooooooooong time ago.

It's not a race problem, it's a community problem now. their field of recruitment is heavily impacted by their faction because it was deserted during MOP (at their skill level I mean) and people aren't going to pay to go back to where they were for visual only.

They wrote it in black and white yet you assume it's because of racial unbalance, lul.