Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
    what a fucking pass to win it

Wow, Georgia stays second fiddle lol

10+ Year Old Account
    HOLY SHIT.

That QB went from goat to G.O.A.T.

And damnit I just realized I gotta listen to my damn sister in law all year again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    And damnit I just realized I gotta listen to my damn sister in law all year again.
    Errr, judging by the fact that Nick Saban apparently found young Russel Wilson to QB for him, I think you will be hearing from her for the forseeable future. Kid looked legit.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Errr, judging by the fact that Nick Saban apparently found young Russel Wilson to QB for him, I think you will be hearing from her for the forseeable future. Kid looked legit.
    They will be in it as long as Saban is there. They don't have much to worry about til then.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    From a 16 yard loss and terrible sack to take, to a bomb to win the National Championship. Talk about being able to brush it off. And he did a great job of making the safety bite on where he was looking to make that play happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man if you were a Falcon fan and Gerogia fan like what in the world. Would feel so bad.

Crazy stat. Chubb kept getting carries he averaged 1.7 yards per, Michel was averaging 7 per. Really think the coaches will kick themselves over some of the second half decisions.

Also not a single holding call all night...
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2018-01-09 at 05:33 AM.

fucking amazing 4th quarter and OT

What an astounding game. Roll Tide, baby!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Unless they get a defensive score, all the ref help wont actually help them
    Said to my GF at halftime that I thought Saban might put Tua in for the second half. I have a feeling Jalen will be playing WR or RB next year., as well as backup QB.

Great game, GA played really well, but the Tide's D stepped up in the 2nd half. I am sure #6 is especially sweet for Saban. Alabama lost on the last play last year and won on the last play this year. Gotta love college football!

ROLL TIDE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Said to my GF at halftime that I thought Saban might put Tua in for the second half. I have a feeling Jalen will be playing WR or RB next year., as well as backup QB.

Great game, GA played really well, but the Tide's D stepped up in the 2nd half. I am sure #6 is especially sweet for Saban. Alabama lost on the last play last year and won on the last play this year. Gotta love college football!

ROLL TIDE!!
    Was about to ask that question, if you are Hurts what do you do? That half is pretty much the end of your starting QB career at Alabama and you can kiss any chance of going to the NFL as a QB goodbye. So do you stick it out as back up and get your degree? Do you leave and try and play QB at a lesser school? or do you go to the coaches in the morning and ask to go to another position in hopes you can get to the NFL that way, or at least play?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Was about to ask that question, if you are Hurts what do you do? That half is pretty much the end of your starting QB career at Alabama and you can kiss any chance of going to the NFL as a QB goodbye. So do you stick it out as back up and get your degree? Do you leave and try and play QB at a lesser school? or do you go to the coaches in the morning and ask to go to another position in hopes you can get to the NFL that way, or at least play?
    Being a big Alabama fan and following the team - one thing I will say about Hurts is that he is a pretty level headed guy with no ego. He really is all about the team. His athletic skills are undeniable, and he knows that. And if he has to switch positions to contribute to the overall team, I don't think he will have a single problem with that. That is, in essence, the whole Saban philosophy - it is never about individual achievement, only teams win championships. That's one of the reasons I like Alabama and Saban, say what you will but the guy really does care about not just turning out football players, but helping kids become men with a future outside of football. He graduates a lot of players and praises their achievements in his press conferences.

As far as Jalen, I don't think he is going to go anywhere. Why would he? Great school, great education, already has a whole way of life there and he has been to the CFP 2 years in a row. I don't think not being the starting QB (if that happens) will bother him one bit. There is no doubt that can continue to contribute in a big way, and he will. The guy is a stud!

And remember - that kid went undefeated in the regular season his freshman year, won the SEC championship, and was 1 sec away from wining the CFP. Can't take that away from him (and heck, since he started tonight I believe he gets the credit for the win. Only 2 losses in 2 years - Clemson and Auburn. Not too shabby!
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2018-01-09 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Being a big Alabama fan and following the team - one thing I will say about Hurts is that he is a pretty level headed guy with no ego. He really is all about the team. His athletic skills are undeniable, and he knows that. And if he has to switch positions to contribute to the overall team, I don't think he will have a single problem with that. That is, in essence, the whole Saban philosophy - it is never about individual achievement, only teams win championships. That's one of the reasons I like Alabama and Saban, say what you will but the guy really does care about not just turning out football players, but helping kids become men with a future outside of football. He graduates a lot of players and praises their achievements in his press conferences.

As far as Jalen, I don't think he is going to go anywhere. Why would he? Great school, great education, already has a whole way of life there and he has been to the CFP 2 years in a row. I don't think not being the starting QB (if that happens) will bother him one bit. There is no doubt that can continue to contribute in a big way, and he will. The guy is a stud!

And remember - that kid went undefeated in the regular season his freshman year, won the SEC championship, and was 1 sec away from wining the CFP. Can't take that away from him (and heck, since he started tonight I believe he gets the credit for the win, so he has only 2 losses in 2 years - Clemson and Auburn. Not too shabby!
    He's still not a good QB though lol. Lets face it, he's won as a QB due to system and the level of players around him. As far as leaving it really depends on different peoples mentalities. Some are in college to get an education and win championships, others are simply about moving on the the NFL. Others don't really want to play another position and will choose to change schools rather than sit on the bench or play a different position. I don't think either is wrong or right, but different people want different things out of their college careers.

Lets face it, you can go lots of places are great schools and offer great educations, in fact some better than Alabama if that is your main concern. I don't know what his ambitions are or not, it's the reason I thought it was an interesting topic. Some guys figure out their limitations early on and adjust, some spend the entire time fighting it, and then others just say the heck with it and go somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP Keith Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    A look at the NCAA and the booster culture and the people praying the ultimate price for it: the student athletes.

https://www.sbnation.com/a/ole-miss-...ent-violations

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    A look at the NCAA and the booster culture and the people praying the ultimate price for it: the student athletes.

https://www.sbnation.com/a/ole-miss-...ent-violations
    Damn, that's sobering.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post

Welcome to the NCAA college football thread! It is 2 weeks until season starts, so time to open up a new thread!

Feel free to talk about anything specifically related to college football here.

For the newbies:

Power 5 conferences
    Big 12
    Big 10
    SEC
    ACC
    Pac 12

Non Power 5
    Sunbelt
    Mountain West
    Mid-American
    Conference USA
    AAC
    Independent schools (Notre Dame, BYU ect...)

Reminder: football vs handegg vs soccer is infractable. Pro vs college bashing is also not welcome here.
    This might get me infracted, but why the fuck would you post a map with BYU on it?
    BYU hasn't even been able to beat Utah in recent memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    closing for new season!