Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Nah, there isn't any.
    Antorus has about as much lore as Dragon Soul.
    It's pretty lame for a last raid of an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    It's not even that, as Garrosh DID show all the time.
    he showed up all the time in MoP? Where was he in the dread wastes? Or the other zones prior to patch 5.1

One thing that caught my eye, in Chronicles it was revealed the spirits of the Titans fled into the titan keepers on Azeroth. Why are they now being imprisoned on Antorus, does anyone know or was this a bit of a correction to the lore?

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    There really isn't much more lore. Blizzard totally did an asspull with Argus having a world soul inside of it the entire time. Nobody knew it was even there until Magni came to Argus and told us. No established lore whatsoever. I think this was simply an excuse to have us fight a badass titan boss without it actually being Sargeras.
    And how would us mere mortals of Azeroth know anything of the Titans going ons outside of what we could see on Azeroth? We didn't find out until Legion why Azeroth was so special to the Titans in the first place. Likewise, why was Argus so important to Sargeras? Chronicles provided some much needed filer for us, clued us into the Titans mission. Azeroth has a Titan soul that was infected by the Void Lords, that is why it is important. Argus has Titan soul that Sargeras used to power his armies and help regenerate himself (sure it has a bit of a retcon, but either he was drawn to the Draenei by their tech and knowledge to use them or he was drawn to Argus becasue it was a Titan and it just happened to he an advanced race he could use doesn't really matter.)

But hey guess what else had no established lore and was created specifically for WoW when it came out? About 75% of vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    One thing that caught my eye, in Chronicles it was revealed the spirits of the Titans fled into the titan keepers on Azeroth. Why are they now being imprisoned on Antorus, does anyone know or was this a bit of a correction to the lore?
    Sarg retrieved them in his attempt to revive the Pantheon to serve him. At least that is what I assumed.

Deleted
    The Titans never really made it into the keepers (we don't know why). There were gone as fast as they arrived.

Deleted
    I like how "I don't know something" = "Out of their ass".

Imagine the Pope with Galileo: "Hey what the hell are those theories? He surely pulled them out of his ass! We have this book here with solid and well explained info instead!".

In short, you don't need EVERYTHING fully explained in a game, something can happen suddenly and you don't have time, even in game with your character, to fully explore or understand them.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Sarg retrieved them in his attempt to revive the Pantheon to serve him. At least that is what I assumed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    The Titans never really made it into the keepers (we don't know why). There were gone as fast as they arrived.
    Blizzard / Muffinus already explained this. They said that Sargeras retrieved them during his invasions on Azeroth, the Ulduar assault in particular. As Chronicle + MoP already hinted that the Titans spirits were laying dormant inside the Keepers, Sargeras probably figured out a way to extract them. The only one that was in question was Aman'thul's piece inside Wrathion, but I guess it can be explained if the ability to extract the spirits doesn't require them to directly interact with the vessels.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-01-09 at 11:19 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Blizzard / Ion already explained this. They said that Sargeras retrieved them during his invasions on Azeroth, the Ulduar assault in particular. As Chronicle + MoP already hinted that the Titans spirits were laying dormant inside the Keepers, Sargeras probably figured out a way to extract them. The only one that was in question was Aman'thul's piece inside Wrathion, but I guess it can be explained if the ability to extract the spirits doesn't require them to directly interact with the vessels.
    Oh you got a link for it? Would be interesting to read as it seems like a bit of an ass pull from blizzard if there is nothing in game to let us know what happened.

Oh you got a link for it? Would be interesting to read as it seems like a bit of an ass pull from blizzard if there is nothing in game to let us know what happened.
    Yeah, we don't know how much of it was actually planned, and how much was thought of on the spot :P There isn't anything in game clearly told us what happened, as far as I know. It was a chain of Twitter posts answering the same issue someone brought up, you can find them here (click).
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Argus the Unmaker as a plot device is a band-aid, applied to retcon the Legion into actually being possible to defeat.

Blizz really painted themselves into a corner.

We went to Argus not knowing what to expect in the end. It was a nice turn of events.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-01-09 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Yeah, we don't know how much of it was actually planned, and how much was thought of on the spot :P There isn't anything in game clearly told us what happened, as far as I know. It was a chain of Twitter posts answering the same issue someone brought up, you can find them here (click).
    Ah thanks for that. Well it seems like a kind of a potential answer but one thats not very clear (from blizzard). But at least I can align it in my head.

Legion targets areas to get the last fragments of the pantheon so they can finally remake it as a dark pantheon to destroy all of creation.

Deleted
    Thanks for great answers first of all, lots of staright data and straightforward perspectives, some theory crafting and then this:

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    And how would us mere mortals of Azeroth know anything of the Titans going ons outside of what we could see on Azeroth? We didn't find out until Legion why Azeroth was so special to the Titans in the first place. Likewise, why was Argus so important to Sargeras? Chronicles provided some much needed filer for us, clued us into the Titans mission. Azeroth has a Titan soul that was infected by the Void Lords, that is why it is important. Argus has Titan soul that Sargeras used to power his armies and help regenerate himself (sure it has a bit of a retcon, but either he was drawn to the Draenei by their tech and knowledge to use them or he was drawn to Argus becasue it was a Titan and it just happened to he an advanced race he could use doesn't really matter.)

But hey guess what else had no established lore and was created specifically for WoW when it came out? About 75% of vanilla.
    A really well imagined step from an analytical mindset that does not stumble to own personal expectations (way to many disappointments), but instead gives the story an opportunity to develop in time (like Blizzard didn't give us plenty of novels in the past..?) And with a great sense of vision when it comes to the shoes of the heroes we are actually playing. Thank you SirBeef for saving the day.

Edit: Actually, now that I thought about this heroes road to Argus, remember how Kil'jaeden was acting after the Nighthold and before Tomb of Sargeras toward Sargeras himself - Full of dissapointments and maybe a bit (a lot) of discomfort about being just another tool for a greater purpose, like Gul'dan. And thus , did not feel any remorse of throwing his last vehicle full of heroes toward Argus, what he knew was the heart of the Legion's biggest goal at that time. Take vengeance straight to his master's new rising Pantheon.

He kinda already knew he was loosing anyway after Avatar of Sargeras and this invasion was another big failure, right? ...or something?

Edit2: ..or is this something already thought of and I'm just the lord of the obvious?
    Last edited by mmoc5461ce0dcc; 2018-01-10 at 07:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Story telling has taken a dive since Wrath.

Wrath: We knew our purpose here. The expansion was called Wrath of the Lich King. Every zone, had Lich King story. Every patch had something to do, to bring up to the final build up to knocking down the doors of ICC.

Cata: We got a little but of Deathwing story while questing...he largely disappears during the expansion, then BOOM final expansion comes....and we're going to chop on his tentacles for a bit...

MoP: We fight Garrosh...because...ok?

WoD: I don't even remember it's purpose, or who the final boss was. I think it was someone who was already dead IRL, so I didn't care to understand.

Legion: I'm not even interested in learning to care on who or how or what ass they pulled Argus out of. Never even heard of him until this patch. Then somehow boom? Expansion is over? Legion threat taken care of?
    I simply do not understand how people don't get the storylines here. Did you play the game? Did you read the quests?

Deathwing's plan being carried out by his Twilight army was pervasive the entire expansion. Deathwing, his Old God masters, and their Elemental Lord minions were not at all obscured during Cata. The whole entire story chain in every single zone was dedicated to Deathwing's dramatic return to the playing field. If you somehow, some way missed that... It is user error, not a weakness in storytelling.

Again with MoP and WoD - If you did not understand the series of events, you simply weren't paying attention. Garrosh's arc is not random at all. It has been building up to that point since Burning Crusade. I am not entirely certain how people cannot understand that the insecure man-boy we met in Burning Crusade would turn into an egomaniac when given immense power and left to his own impressionable devices. Had Thrall mentored Garrosh better, perhaps we wouldn't have had MoP and WoD turn out that way. It was very clear, especially so in WoD, that Garrosh's desire to out-do his father's legacy (which was negative in our timeline) and be a bastion for old guard style Horde sensibilities is very clear. That he was suckling on the teat of a dead Old God was clear - he was not being manipulated by the Old God, but using its powers willingly (think Alleria and the void). Naturally, he had little inner resolve and fortitude, so his path was doomed from the start.

If you'd never heard of Argus or world souls until Legion, you simply were not paying attention.

The amount of people who "play" WoW is amazing to me. And yet here you are... in the Lore section. Why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Nah, there isn't any.
    Antorus has about as much lore as Dragon Soul.
    It's pretty lame for a last raid of an expansion.
    So, then, you mean a ton of lore?

We know why we are going to Antorus. We've known why since Vanilla.

We know why we had to kill Deathwing. We've known why since Vanilla.

Please stop assigning blame to the storyteller when you don't comprehend something.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: People that want to Read the last 2 pages of a Novel before finishing the First Chapter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicuros View Post
    Hi,

All I could find from Wowwiki, is following:
    Already there, I lost interest. Seriously, why would anyone use this outdated site when WoWpedia is more up-to-date?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

So, then, you mean a ton of lore?

We know why we are going to Antorus. We've known why since Vanilla.

We know why we had to kill Deathwing. We've known why since Vanilla.

Please stop assigning blame to the storyteller when you don't comprehend something.
    Yeah, but did we know why we had to kill Zonozz? Yorsharj? Warmaster? Any boss apart from Deathwing?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Yeah, but did we know why we had to kill Zonozz? Yorsharj? Warmaster? Any boss apart from Deathwing?
    Yes we knew - they were top tier commanders in their respective arms of the Twilight Army. Did we specifically know their names? No! But that has never, ever, ever, ever been the case anyway! We didn't know Lana'thel or Putricide or Magmadar or Shannox or Executus or most of the bosses - we knew the big bads. Sometimes you get cool bosses like Gorefiend, Varimathras, Mephistroth, etc that we already know, but take a look at the history here. Knowing every boss in a raid has never been reality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Already there, I lost interest. Seriously, why would anyone use this outdated site when WoWpedia is more up-to-date?
    Second post already mentioned that WoWpedia is a better source, but hey, thanks for such an outstanding contribution on the subject! :,D

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It was said before that, if a demon dies in the Twisting Nether or in a heavily Fel-infused place, they die forever.

7.3 trailer got Illidan boldly saying that their death there was final.

And then, in-game, they get sent to Antorus instead of the final death.

It is not a expansion of the lore, as you imply - it is retcon.
    So you're treating NPC dialogue as NPC being omnipotent and everything they say as hard fact and not that the NPC could well be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    I simply do not understand how people don't get the storylines here. Did you play the game? Did you read the quests?

Deathwing's plan being carried out by his Twilight army was pervasive the entire expansion. Deathwing, his Old God masters, and their Elemental Lord minions were not at all obscured during Cata. The whole entire story chain in every single zone was dedicated to Deathwing's dramatic return to the playing field. If you somehow, some way missed that... It is user error, not a weakness in storytelling.

Again with MoP and WoD - If you did not understand the series of events, you simply weren't paying attention. Garrosh's arc is not random at all. It has been building up to that point since Burning Crusade. I am not entirely certain how people cannot understand that the insecure man-boy we met in Burning Crusade would turn into an egomaniac when given immense power and left to his own impressionable devices. Had Thrall mentored Garrosh better, perhaps we wouldn't have had MoP and WoD turn out that way. It was very clear, especially so in WoD, that Garrosh's desire to out-do his father's legacy (which was negative in our timeline) and be a bastion for old guard style Horde sensibilities is very clear. That he was suckling on the teat of a dead Old God was clear - he was not being manipulated by the Old God, but using its powers willingly (think Alleria and the void). Naturally, he had little inner resolve and fortitude, so his path was doomed from the start.

If you'd never heard of Argus or world souls until Legion, you simply were not paying attention.

The amount of people who "play" WoW is amazing to me. And yet here you are... in the Lore section. Why?
    It's another symptom of "It's not Warcraft 3 based lore I don't want anything to do with it." that many people seem to cry about in a round about way with everything post wrath.