Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Nightborne questlines are also the best Legion has to offer, so shouldn't be away from anyone if you do them once.
    No, it's basically old shit wow system meets assassins creed questing mixed together. I don't know what hyperbole you are on about it, but i thought they was generally infuriating and awfully made!

Almost any existing Legion player will ahve unlocked all those requirements already.
    For new players, all the races are 'new', so having a few variants locked behind a rep grind isn't an extraordinarily requirement. I can see no reason why the number of quests should be 'balanced' in any way. That is just like saying every pet or mount should be equally easy/hard to obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    I don't really understand the point of locking them behind these stupid achievements, either of the races.

Can't imagine someone returning to the game, eager to play the new races in the new expansion, only to find out they must complete the shit that made them quit the game in the first place.

Either blizz isn't interested in new/returning players or they will drop these silly requirements once BfA goes live.
    I'm sorry when exactly did Blizzard announce the removal of quest content from Bfa? People who quit the game over things like this need to stay gone.

Someone in my guild refuses to do Suramar quests so he doesn't have flying yet. He has been playing throughout the entire expansion and mythic raids and does mythic+... I just don't get why people like him just didn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    Not him but imagine this. Imagine playing a demon hunter required getting exalted with the 3 factions in the Tanaan Jungle. IMAGINE HOW MUCH FUN THAT WOULD BE RIGHT???

Fair game right? Previous expansion requirements for new content in a new expansion right?? Doesn't sound nice does it?
    The requirements for the allied races make complete sense. One of wow's biggest issues especially now after all these expansions is all this content that has been made and abandoned. Blizzard needs to make more use of it more often. One of the aspects of Legion I have enjoyed the most is going back to older zones to do new quest content and I know I am not alone in that.

- - - Updated - - -

So you are saying this guy should use his free 110 and spend the next 3 to 4 weeks doing content everyday just to get to the moose he wants to play on? No sorry, it should not be that way.
    Who says? You? No. It doesn't work that way.

Yeah, believe it or not, many people simply don't give a shit. If it's not entertaining for them, they don't do it as they have limited time they can spend playing the game, but surely you are an adult person and your reply is just a silly attempt at "being clever on forums".

Imagine - you don't like Legion, you unsub. You see this new shiny stuff that makes you wanna play again, so you buy it and find out you need to complete the most tedious shit there is, probably the one that made you quit cause of how much uninteresting it was. Or annoying in case of Suramar.

Funniest shit is, they don't even tell you that on the website. They say "Embark on a quest to earn their favor and unlock each race, adding their strength to your faction." A sane person would think it's a part of the new expansion, after all, you're reading the website dedicated to it. NOPE, play the old shit you didn't like, LOL.

Racials are cosmetic, that's a new one.

It's Wow. Quests are going to be involved no matter what you want to do. If you don't like quests don't play wow. simple.

Deleted
    How is it by any means unfair?
    If Alliance unlocked Lightforge with 38 quest, and Horde unlocked that same Lightforge race with 200-whatever quests, then it would be unfair.
    As it stands now, it's two completly different races.

Everything doesn't have to be perfectly balanced to the point of things not making sense (like having a leader of each faction die simultaniously all the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I will say that I get the point of them being sold as an expansion feature as a problem. People are going to come back to the game expecting to be able to play them, and then find out they can't unless they do significantly more than they would normally need to.

If they were being advertised as just a new feature of the game, that'd be perfectly fine, but that's not how they are advertising them.

But with that said, it's still better than not adding them. They just shouldn't be using such shitty advertising as means to do it.
    It is no different than requiring a lvl 55+ character in Wrath to play a dk or a lvl 70 character to make a demon hunter in Legion. It all involves playing "old content" just in this case you have to do quests rather than lvl a character. Also do I really need to list out all the expansions for other subscription based mmos that have similar requirements for expansion content? Because this is hardly unprecedented for Blizzard or for the genre as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember you are talking to someone that has over 10k forum post in 2 years time. The concept of valuing their time will be missed. I can't even begin to understand how someone can spend that much time here. Many wow players are either casuals that come play for a few months or sick individuals that easily play 4 or more hours a day daily.

To better understand this a book was written recently called, "The Nix" . It even talks about the life of a multi boxer and how sick and messed up their life is. It's a New York times best seller.

They simply cannot understand regular healthy people anymore.
    If they don't have the time to clear a zone of quests how are they going to have time to do anything else in game much less new expansion content? This is something ANY player can do regardless of time constraints. There is no time limit. The allied races feature isn't going to expire. You still get them whether it takes you a month or a year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Seriously, who hasn't done these anyway?

Whining about this is beyond pathetic. Apparently you can't expect WoW playing dorks to finish a quest line any more.
    I had a feeling many of the same people who raised holy hell over being expected to play the game to get flight would whine about this as well. Sadly I was right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I'm assuming Blizz will change the exalted rep requirement or give another way to earn the rep. It would be stupid of them to make returning players wait MONTHS of stupid follower token grinding to unlock them.
    Um..it can be completed in a few days. Get a fucking grip.

- - - Updated - - -

Go outside sometimes, talk to real people, get some fresh air. You need it, seriously.
    The person you are replying to isn't the one flipping their shit over having to do a main quest line for a zone. Perhaps you should direct that sentiment to the OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artaeum View Post
    So tired of people complaining about this shit. You've had the entire expansion to get these quests done.

And if you didn't play in Legion, you don't deserve to have the race unlocked right away.
    Especially a race that had major involvement in Legion's story.

Nightborn questline has been there from the start of the expansion. If you still haven't got that by now, then thats on you.

As a returning player myself, not playing for most of Legion, I am quite happy that there is such and such requirement for playing the Allied races. It gives me and many other an excuse to go back to content which may not provide me with best gear, but has a solid questing experience.

That being said, for me the issue isn't completing the Insurrection as a quest chain, as I am actively going through it, but rather the reputation barrier which is quite tough. I understand the need for having it at exalted, but I think more could be done to help gain such reputation. Currently the Insurrection quest line does not provide any Nightfallen reputation, and as such after completing the previous quest line in combination with doing dailies for a few days now, I am at low Revered. This means that at least to my knowledge, it should take nearly about 15-20 days of daily reputation grind to get that and I think that is a bit unnecessary (Although I understand that in the previous patches people had to do that grind for even longer, and that it might be unfair to them).

I have read that some of you are claiming that it is possible to get the rep in a few days. I have read the wowhead guide, it did not mention any way of achieving reputation so fast; would you be able to share your tips on how to get that reputation that fast?

TL; DR

The quest line is fine, although quests should provide reputation to alleviate the grind for exalted.

Deleted
    Lightforged Draenei : 38 quests
    Nightborn: 249 quests (145 Good Suramarian, 64 Insurrection)

This seems a bit unfair if one cares about such things.

http://www.wowhead.com/comprehensive-suramar-guide
    http://www.wowhead.com/comprehensive-argus-guide
    oh, sure...
    and which gets you faster to exalted (which is an actual requirement as well)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcoon View Post
    I have read that some of you are claiming that it is possible to get the rep in a few days. I have read the wowhead guide, it did not mention any way of achieving reputation so fast; would you be able to share your tips on how to get that reputation that fast?
    Last weekend i breezed trough it on my rogue. It got me to about revered. Most of it can be done in a few hours, it's just that there are 2 gates in the mix:
    1. a mission table quest
    2. 5 nightfallen WQs to be done

Revered -> exalted is admitedly a bit of a grind:
    1. do WQs
    2. every 4 days you get the training mission (you should aim for 400+ points always; which is rather easy in 900ish gear)
    3. 1500 rep from the nightfallen WQ cache every 7(?) days and 750 from dalaran WQ cache every 7(?) days
    4. mission table tokens (250 for bonus ones from random 200% reward 750 from the main quest) once or twice a week.

But the grind is nowhere as extensive as Lightforged or Argussian reach; considering you will accumulate less rep with only the main-quest-chain before the "grind" begins.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2018-01-09 at 10:00 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i would rather have cancer than do the suramar's quests ever again.

If you play trough legion will not be a problem, but to people who will start in BfA will be a kick in the balls, thank god i don't play elves

7+ Year Old Account
    The Surimar story was the best done in WoW to date. I've just started playing an alt... ( my horde shammy I left at crap for AP and barely into surimar a year ago. at that time it sucked.

The first time I did it... it was awesome. Now a year + later I'm loving it again. I'll admit that being overgeared on an alt in a few days before hand, with flying... makes the second time doable. Remember those banshees guarding the mana shards early on? yeah I arcane novaed them this time :P

Remember this story released over the course of a year. (yes the "meat" was in or near in at launch) but the thing came together beautifully for the Ilvl it was, (getting corpse camped by npcs and all) It lead into the Nighthold raid perfectly. *with a splash of Kara on the side.

If you haven't done surimar at 820--850 with not even 35 traits do it. If you can do it at 900+ and 75? do it again.

I would imagine the rep will be boosted at some point or some of the quests made optional.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being forced to do old expansion content to unlock new expansion feature is beyond stupid. It doesn't effect me anyhow but i can see how it will be problematic for new or returning players.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Lightforged Draenei : 38 quests
    Nightborn: 249 quests (145 Good Suramarian, 64 Insurrection)

This seems a bit unfair if one cares about such things.

http://www.wowhead.com/comprehensive-suramar-guide
    http://www.wowhead.com/comprehensive-argus-guide
    But that’s not entirely true, is it? Because you also need to be Exalted with Army of the Light, and THAT requires quite a few world quests done as well. With Nightborne, you get the rep while doing a great quest line. With Lightforged, you slug through world quests until you reach Exalted.

Oh, and expect these requirements to be changed after BfA is launched - changed in such a way that it will be faster and easier to unlock these races. Maybe they’ll even be available from the start for new players? Blizzard would never EVER lock a feature meant to sell an expansion behind ridiculous grinds at or above lvl 110. That just will not happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    theory: 7.3.5 will be the last patch of the expension, 4 allied races are in this patch so they can simple 'release' them when the pre orders open up in about 2-3 months and have this as a bonus to trigger sales of the pre order. as most people who would pre order have legion anyway most of this stuff is done and the races are immediately accessible.

having these requirements is because if someone who quit legion but wants to come back because of i.e. moose-tauren pre BfA they'll have to do the exalted grind. exalted grind =/= longer subscription then simply levelling to 110 and then waiting for BfA.

once BfA launches or during 8.1, these 4 pre 8.0/8.1 allied races will open to all.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Deleted
    It makes sense to have played in Suramar properly to get to play this race. Getting stuff for doing nothing isnt much fun.

As an alliance player, I'm more perturbed that I actually helped the Nightborne... only for them to turn traitor on me! At least the Hightauren won't make fun of me for kicking fish back into the river to gain their favor... ... .... crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    It was neither confirmed nor denied.
    Lore's blue post on the matter says hello.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.