Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Kansas state representative says blacks can't handle marijuana due to their genetics

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b01e1a4b18a12b

Put this in your pipe and smoke it: A Kansas lawmaker thinks marijuana should be illegal because he said black people are genetically unable to handle its effects.

State Rep. Steve Alford (R) spoke out on Saturday against legalizing pot using the type of racist “logic” commonly heard when “Reefer Madness” was considered a serious documentary.

“What you really need to do is go back in the ’30s, when they outlawed all types of drugs in Kansas [and] across the United States,” Alford said, according to the Garden City Telegram. “One of the reasons why, I hate to say it, was that the African-Americans, they were basically users and they basically responded the worst off to those drugs just because of their character makeup, their genetics and that.”

Although Alford, who represents a district in western Kansas, stood by his remarks when questioned after the meeting, he was unable to cite a specific source for his so-called science to the Telegram. However, he admitted he shouldn’t have singled out African-Americans.

“There are certain groups of people, their genetics, the way their makeup is, the chemicals will affect them differently,” Alford insisted. “What I should have said was drugs affect people differently, instead of being more specific.”

On Monday, Alford denied that his remarks were racist to AP: “To me, that’s neutral. Basically, I got called a racist, which I’m really not, and it’s just the way people — the interpretation of people. To me, I’m trying to look at what’s really the best for Kansas.”

Sounds like he's got his eyes on becoming Trump's next Attorney General.

Damn,just when you thought Republicans couldn't be more racist than you thought they already were,they go and prove you wrong.

If reaction to chemicals is different it has to be due to genetics, duh.

Denying that is like denying difference in skin colour.

That difference in reaction has to be properly documented to be seen as "fact", however.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post

That difference in reaction has to be properly documented to be seen as "fact", however.
    There's not a lot of scientific evidence that I know of aside from red heads needing more painkillers and opiates.

you wouldn't want to disrespect the decent white folk by insinuating that they also smoke devil grass along side the "blacks"

just another notch on the belt for the party of white, not the party of a particular socioeconomic class.. at least in terms of their pandering.
    "before dems do it too" crowd..plz, the republican tax plan is your proof.
    Last edited by Glnger; 2018-01-09 at 11:00 AM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Alt-righters are a bunch of "totally-not-racist" racists.

Casually spouts off a bunch of racist statements but shamelessly handwaves their depravity away with "they call us racist just because they disagree with with us" the next second.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Yes, that's racist. No, there really isn't any other way to explain it.

I expect many Republicans to continue supporting him in the name of the party.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're also genetically predisposed towards subservience to white people, right Rep Alford?

(SARCASM, if it isn't obvious enough! Don't report me bro!)
    Putin khuliyo

Why would you say this? What made you think this was a good and useful thing to say? "If he's right, he's right, though there's no reason to think he's right." Even if you covered your ass with the last sentence, the first two sentences come off as pretty racist.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b01e1a4b18a12b

Sounds like he's got his eyes on becoming Trump's next Attorney General.
    Haha it's such a coincidence republicans are literally a retweet or coffee and tea meeting away from Richard Spencer and David Duke. Where are all the totally not racist conservatives now?

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Why would you say this? What made you think this was a good and useful thing to say? "If he's right, he's right, though there's no reason to think he's right." Even if you covered your ass with the last sentence, the first two sentences come off as pretty racist.
    "People are different" when it comes to chemicals is suddenly racist?

What do you think about fact that Native Americans have a lot higher chance to develop alcoholism due to lower alcohol tolerance? Is that racist too? Is simply suggesting that it's true racist?

10+ Year Old Account

What do you think about fact that Native Americans have a lot higher chance to develop alcoholism due to lower alcohol tolerance? Is that racist too? Is simply suggesting that it's true racist?
    So, share your sources please. I would be interested in reading this stuff up.

I mean since that little factoid of Native Americans has never been proved I'm going with it most certainly having racist origins and repeating it as true without trying to verify would also suggest racism as well...

I know the gimmick is to misread.

But lets be clear here the dude was racist and you were defending him.

Do we have scientific evidence for it? Yes? (Maybe? I dunno.) Then it's not the same damn thing, is it? Your first response to 'African Americans are more genetically susceptible to drug use' is 'if he's right, anybody who disputes it is dumb, even though he might not be right'. That's just a blatant attempt to give cover to a racist, done in a stupid, stupid way.

I was initially kind of surprised how many posts were in this thread already, so I checked in on it. "Oh, Shalcker, that explains it"

This guy is a fucking fool. “Back in the 30s” you mean when the country was racist as fuck and used racist means to try to ban drugs?

Stuff like this is a safe ticket for reelection in a district where the largest "town" has like 6000 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Stuff like this is a safe ticket for reelection in a district where the largest "town" has like 6000 people.
    I drove through western Kansas once, it felt like driving on the moon it was so empty and desolate. It was like 45 miles on the interstate between gas stations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    I drove through western Kansas once, it felt like driving on the moon it was so empty and desolate. It was like 45 miles on the interstate between gas stations.
    You don't like 2 hours of wheat fields without ever seeing any sign of habitation?