Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If you say so. I know many people that appear to be amateurs after 10+ hours of training in a field. Clearly he picked something up, considering he destroyed the fist death star and ended the Battle of Yavin.
    I mean, you have to invent a lot of headcanon to support this theory, is all I'm saying.

- - - Updated - - -

It really helps show how the force can change a situation that would be dire for a normal person. Like when Kylo was shot by Chewie.
    You mean because Chewie had the high ground?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    And yet they are still the same fucking trash that the ln model was. Where are the defenders, bombers and other models that the empire advanced to. I mean fuck even the interceptor was less trash than the ln. Fuck by 30aby they had stopped building tie models period. Sorry but changing the color and adding an extra seat is not advancement, its fucking lazy and shit writing. The same on the rebels side, Lack of diversity and change up or improvement of mainline snubfighters and what ever the fuck that hot garbage bomber was at the begining of the movie was shit.
    The TIE Defender was, frankly, a game breaking vehicle. If they were done in the new films the way they were in the game they'd be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    If he won that fight then i wouldve called BS after they spent half the movie establishing the power of Chewie's bowcaster.
    You are not a very smart person then. Shot in the shoulder fueling dark side powers, at least a decade of force and martial arts training over rey a girl who was thrown into a tree at 50 mph and then after being hurled into said tree fell 100% unconscious head first into the ground from 2-3 stories high. oOOH and let's not forget 12 hours ago she thought the force was 100% total fantasy but magically can straight up mind control, not mind trick, pure mind control random people. But yeah Kylo's injuries were the bull shit ones.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

You don't have to invent a ton of head canon to support the theory that he received Jedi training from Obi Wan we didn't see. Clearly there were time jumps.

More that they can use the force to do some stupid shit. I mean, Kylo could literally stop blaster bolts mid-flight. Never saw Vader do that shit. So just because the bowcaster sent some people flying doesn't mean it'd do the same to someone like Kylo.
    No I mean, the idea that Luke somehow got a lot of lightsaber combat training offscreen. The last thing we see before Obi-Wan's death is Luke taking his "first step into a larger world". He's clearly barely started blast deflection at that point, let alone lightsaber to lightsaber combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    You are not a very smart person then. Shot in the shoulder fueling dark side powers, at least a decade of force and martial arts training over rey a girl who was thrown into a tree at 50 mph and then after being hurled into said tree fell 100% unconscious head first into the ground from 2-3 stories high. oOOH and let's not forget 12 hours ago she thought the force was 100% total fantasy but magically can straight up mind control, not mind trick, pure mind control random people. But yeah Kylo's injuries were the bull shit ones.
    Come on, plot armour isn't a dark side power.

The franchise needs a new tradition, a new director that will trash the nostalgia for the '70s low-budget esthetics like men in robot costumes, puppets on the strings, the lack of physics, the pre-WW1 infantry and WW2 aerial tactics, that will add some realistic combat, weapon/squad diversity, the realistic military behavior, safety protocols, tactics, functional outfits/machines/buildings, the realistic plots. It is not 1977 anymore, people grew up past the fantasy movies with a SF-like skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Come on, plot armour isn't a dark side power.
    Seriously, and I mean this 100% literally. I can't see how anyone is absolute shit eating retarded enough including possibly@PACOX to try and use the toddler logic level injury argument and completely ignore the massive fucking injury that Rey sustained.

You have to be a god damn moron to try and claim that chewi's bowcaster some how wrecked kylo beyond repair but rey nooooope she's at 110% fighting capacity.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    What massive injury did Rey sustain?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The TIE Defender was, frankly, a game breaking vehicle. If they were done in the new films the way they were in the game they'd be ridiculous.
    tie defender was literally on par with a slight advantage over say an xwing. Prob more inline with a b wing. It had the heavier armaments than a tie, shields and a hyperdrive. its Cannon in the new disney wars.

I kind of want someone to reshoot the entire movie with an all white-male cast and redone effects and see how different people's reactions are to it compared to their reactions to TLJ.

It would be a super interesting psychology experiment, though obviously expensive af.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I kind of want someone to reshoot the entire movie with an all white-male cast and redone effects and see how different people's reactions are to it compared to their reactions to TLJ.

It would be a super interesting psychology experiment, though obviously expensive af.
    Trans Leia would be fun.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post

You clearly have no idea what the issues are with the Disney Star Wars movies in regards to the sjw/feminism bullshit being rammed down the audiences throats. Please remain blissfully ignorant, Kathleen Kennedy thanks you immensely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    You clearly have no idea what the issues are with the Disney Star Wars movies in regards to the sjw/feminism bullshit being rammed down the audiences throats. Please remain blissfully ignorant, Kathleen Kennedy thanks you immensely.
    I, uh, what...where....how????

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    All the idiots spouting Star Wars has gone all SJW would love it I'm sure
    Some people maybe, but the majority still take issues with the generally shitty story and horrible plot points.

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    I, uh, what...where....how????
    Really? Are you being wilfully ignorant or deliberately obtuse?

If anyone is genuinely interested and not deliberately overlooking it, I recommend a quick youtube search for Star Wars and sjw and you will see hundreds if not thousands of videos of people explaining it a lot better than I can. My opinion the best one to watch is Gender Wars: The Last Snowflake by Sargon. It's a bit long at 30 mins but well worth the watch.

Disney, or more specifically Kath Kennedy and JJ Abrams is destroying the franchise through their agenda. Don't take my word for it, look at the box office takings. TLJ is doing worse that Rogue One, a filler movie between the big trilogy movies. Their great hope of raking in big dollars from China because 'diversity' has failed, box office receipts from there are abysmal. All they have to do to salvage the franchise is to stop pissing off half their audience, sack Kath Kennedy and get someone in there that knows how to tell a story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Some people maybe, but the majority still take issues with the generally shitty story and horrible plot points.
    Exactly, even if you remove the sjw/feminism bullshit from the film, it's still objectively bad with major plot holes and side stories that go nowhere. It's easily the worst Star Wars film ever made yet you still have fanbois defending it through gritted teeth.

TLJ has already out-earned Rogue One

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/f...rs#tab=summary

I don’t exactly expect someone screeching about SJWs to tell the truth, but at least make your lies easier to disprove.

Another common refrain: Rey is a Mary Sue.

Yeah? I suggest the problem with this take is that it only considers one point of view - combat. Yes, Luke got owned a few times in the original trilogy. We all know from watching TFA and TLJ that Rey has never lost a fight. I mean, except her first encounter with Kylo. Okay, barring that, she’s at least always kicked ass in fights, way more than she had a right to. Well, you also have to ignore the second fight with Kylo where he’s winning the first half of the fight.

Okay, so she’s not perfect in combat. Like wasn’t either, but he had other flaws. But, like, please ignore Rey delivering herself to the enemy because she was hopelessly naive about Kylo, headstrong to a fault, and refused to listen to others, sorta like Luke in the second movie.

Whoops, okay, so she’s not a perfect character, not a Mary Sue. But like all the other women are perfect tho! I mean, please ignore that both Rose and Carrie Fisher’s daughter are involved with a plot that gets most of the Resistance needlessly killed. I guess that could be considered a mistake. Also, Holdo not telling people her plan so that others get desperate and do stupid things. Probably not the best idea to keep desperate people in the dark. Whatever, still somehow all “perfect.”

Okay, but like, if you’ll just watch this random YouTube video please because I cannot possibly use my own words or brain to explain what I’m so mad about!
    ... no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Are you being wilfully ignorant or deliberately obtuse?

If anyone is genuinely interested and not deliberately overlooking it, I recommend a quick youtube search for Star Wars and sjw and you will see hundreds if not thousands of videos of people explaining it a lot better than I can. My opinion the best one to watch is Gender Wars: The Last Snowflake by Sargon. It's a bit long at 30 mins but well worth the watch.

Disney, or more specifically Kath Kennedy and JJ Abrams is destroying the franchise through their agenda. Don't take my word for it, look at the box office takings. TLJ is doing worse that Rogue One, a filler movie between the big trilogy movies. Their great hope of raking in big dollars from China because 'diversity' has failed, box office receipts from there are abysmal. All they have to do to salvage the franchise is to stop pissing off half their audience, sack Kath Kennedy and get someone in there that knows how to tell a story.
    Last Jedi has already outperformed Rogue One in every area. Opening box office and total box office, domestic and worldwide. And it's only been out for less than a month. It's going for the Force Awakens now.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGhoul View Post
    TLJ has already out-earned Rogue One

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/f...rs#tab=summary

I don’t exactly expect someone screeching about SJWs to tell the truth, but at least make your lies easier to disprove.

Another common refrain: Rey is a Mary Sue.

Yeah? I suggest the problem with this take is that it only considers one point of view - combat. Yes, Luke got owned a few times in the original trilogy. We all know from watching TFA and TLJ that Rey has never lost a fight. I mean, except her first encounter with Kylo. Okay, barring that, she’s at least always kicked ass in fights, way more than she had a right to. Well, you also have to ignore the second fight with Kylo where he’s winning the first half of the fight.

Okay, so she’s not perfect in combat. Like wasn’t either, but he had other flaws. But, like, please ignore Rey delivering herself to the enemy because she was hopelessly naive about Kylo, headstrong to a fault, and refused to listen to others, sorta like Luke in the second movie.

Whoops, okay, so she’s not a perfect character, not a Mary Sue. But like all the other women are perfect tho! I mean, please ignore that both Rose and Carrie Fisher’s daughter are involved with a plot that gets most of the Resistance needlessly killed. I guess that could be considered a mistake. Also, Holdo not telling people her plan so that others get desperate and do stupid things. Probably not the best idea to keep desperate people in the dark. Whatever, still somehow all “perfect.”

Okay, but like, if you’ll just watch this random YouTube video please because I cannot possibly use my own words or brain to explain what I’m so mad about!
    ... no thanks.
    Look, if you and the other soy boys are happy with the direction Disney has taken Star Wars that's fine. No one will dispute it will still remain a licence to print money. Hell, as Kath Kennedy says herself, we don't need men to like the film because the extra women buying tickets will compensate. And to some extent she is right. But those of us who enjoy their science fiction free from political progressive agendas, well we are entitled to complain. Which we will.

But, do you really think the suits and the Disney shareholders are going to be thrilled that TLJ has had a 40% revenue drop from TFA?

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, if you and the other soy boys are happy with the direction Disney has taken Star Wars that's fine. No one will dispute it will still remain a licence to print money. Hell, as Kath Kennedy says herself, we don't need men to like the film because the extra women buying tickets will compensate. And to some extent she is right. But those of us who enjoy their science fiction free from political progressive agendas, well we are entitled to complain. Which we will.
    You are in the wrong place for that.
    But, do you really think the suits and the Disney shareholders are going to be thrilled that TLJ has had a 40% revenue drop from TFA?
    There's no revenue drop, it's been out for less than 4 weeks. TFA was out for 20 weeks. Opening box-office was in the same ball-park as TFA. We can continue this at TLJ week 20.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2018-01-09 at 03:08 PM.

You realize you're proving and not disproving the implications in my post, right?

I mean, if all the "SJW bullshit" is taken out, ostensibly by replacing all non-white male cast members with white male cast members, which was the thought experiment I suggested, then your point would be proven that the movie is trash irrespective of aforementioned "SJW bullshit". So you're getting all pissy with me why? My idea would back up your claims.