Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I wouldn't mind that, however the major difference is that every Monk was trained by a Pandaren (or his/her master was trained by one at some point) Sunwalkers and Prelates were never trained by Humans.
    That isn't true, the monks in Scarlet Monastery hadn't even seen a pandaren until MoP. I suppose if you're undead, you exit your grave a monk having never met a Pandaren.

No. Then Zandalari would have way too many classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    That isn't true, the monks in Scarlet Monastery hadn't even seen a pandaren until MoP. I suppose if you're undead, you exit your grave a monk having never met a Pandaren.
    Yeah but playable Monks definitely fit that category, or at least most of them (almost everyone can be a Monk and so I don't remember the trainer of each and every starting zone to be sure about everyone but I'm quite certain about most).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    No. Then Zandalari would have way too many classes.
    Do we even know how many classes they'll get? Because so far we only know some of the classes Zandalari and Dark Iron will play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Yeah but playable Monks definitely fit that category, or at least most of them (almost everyone can be a Monk and so I don't remember the trainer of each and every starting zone to be sure about everyone but I'm quite certain about most).

- - - Updated - - -

Do we even know how many classes they'll get? Because so far we only know some of the classes Zandalari and Dark Iron will play.
    Druid, Shaman, and Paladin is -way- too good. One should have to give.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    Druid, Shaman, and Paladin is -way- too good. One should have to give.
    That doesn't mean a damn thing. Regular Trolls can basically play everything minus, indeed, Paladin. Flexibility is quite the trait of the whole race.

But if gameplay is the issue or the feeling of giving "too much" to someone, Blizzard could either give the Paladin class to Night Elves as well (and so exploit the chance to finally introduce race-based icons and names for the spells) or remove the Druid option, which feels quite unnecessary to me.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

No. You already get 2 more druids and an extra shaman race. We get 1 paladin on alliance. Class balance is fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    No. You already get 2 more druids and an extra shaman race. We get 1 paladin on alliance. Class balance is fucked.
    Give Paladins to Night Elves and boom, problem solved.

Give Paladins to Night Elves and boom, problem solved.
    Then ally gets 2 paladin, horde get 1 shaman 2 druid. Oh wait, Dark Iron will likely have paladin.

Blizzard have explicitly stated they are not looking at class balance across faction lines but at what makes sense for a playable race to have, in regards to allied Races.
    They did say they might consider it more carefully once it becomes a problem.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

Deleted
    No. Most trolls are brutes who lack the nobility of thought. No Paladins for them.

Deleted
    What the? A Zandalari "Paladin" wouldn't be a Paladin in the Alliance kind of sense. The same goes for Sunwalkers and Blood Knights of the Horde. Zandalari Prelates could, would and should be his own thing, a troll, with Loa (who uses the Light him or herself) input, using Light abilities. He doesn't have to have the code of the Silver Hand... And the Light certainly isn't noble all the time.

I would take Zandalari Paladins over Zandalari Monks any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    No. Most trolls are brutes who lack the nobility of thought. No Paladins for them.
    you're joking right? There are many exemple were Trolls have proven they are more than capable to be more than savage. Vol'Jin was wiser than most of the other races and Zandalari civilization is more refined than basic Trolls. Just look at their city and do some reading on their culture.

And they had NPC Prelates who demonstrated powers similar to those of Paladins so it wouldn't be too far fetched to allow them to be Paladin. I'd say it would made sense even.

It's high time the Paladin class open up to some diversity, especially on Horde side.

I hope not. I don't want shiny plate armor modelled after EK human-themed paladins to litter Zandalar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I hope not. I don't want shiny plate armor modelled after EK human-themed paladins to litter Zandalar.
    I guess you weren't around when Zul'Aman was a thing? Almost all its armor drops were "trollish" in style - and were absolutely horrendous. You can still see the garbage looks on some old lvl 70 gear from Shattrath vendors.

Of course, if your entire species already looks like shit like trolls do, any good-looking gear is wasted anyway. You could just as well wear a barrel around your body.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildspirit View Post
    you're joking right? There are many exemple were Trolls have proven they are more than capable to be more than savage. Vol'Jin was wiser than most of the other races and Zandalari civilization is more refined than basic Trolls. Just look at their city and do some reading on their culture.

And they had NPC Prelates who demonstrated powers similar to those of Paladins so it wouldn't be too far fetched to allow them to be Paladin. I'd say it would made sense even.
    Those aren't exactly mainstream features in troll cultures, which are mostly revolving around barbaric voodoo and sacrifice rituals. Vol'jin and others like him are rare exceptions.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2018-01-09 at 01:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If only your opinion would matter.

And seriously, "nobility of thought" sounds like tasteless joke within a setting having Scarlet Crusaders and Twilight Vindicators.

I guess you weren't around when Zul'Aman was a thing? Almost all its armor drops were "trollish" in style - and were absolutely horrendous. You can still see the garbage looks on some old lvl 70 gear from Shattrath vendors.

Of course, if your entire species already looks like shit like trolls do, any good-looking gear is wasted anyway. You could just as well wear a barrel around your body.
    I was playing back in the day and I enjoyed those themes. I don't enjoy the way they look now because there is gear that offers transmogs of a higher graphical quality, but that would be the only complaint I have.

The last thing I want to see is a troll looking like Uther. The tauren were victims of it and I hope no other race of the Horde will in the future.

Deleted
    2 Dark Iron and Light-forged

- - - Updated - - -

They already have them

No no no! A thousand times no!
    That would be the straw that breaks that camel's back for me.
    Troll paladins.. What a fucking joke. And don't give me that BS about those prelates in Throne of Thunder. It means nothing.

Next you're gonna ask for Gnome druids, Orc Priests or Blood Elf shaman I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Nope why should the horde get everything they want?
    Also this

Deleted
    That doesn't mean a damn thing. Regular Trolls can basically play everything minus, indeed, Paladin. Flexibility is quite the trait of the whole race.

But if gameplay is the issue or the feeling of giving "too much" to someone, Blizzard could either give the Paladin class to Night Elves as well (and so exploit the chance to finally introduce race-based icons and names for the spells) or remove the Druid option, which feels quite unnecessary to me.
    With that logic, just give all classes to all races. Humanoid races are flexible and every playable race in Warcraft is just a slightly-different human Zandalari won't get paladins, or Blizz would've announced it already (plus they get druids). They made a big deal out of it with tauren paladins in the Cata announcement

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    Troll paladins.. What a fucking joke. And don't give me that BS about those prelates in Throne of Thunder. It means nothing.
    It's lore since vanilla times. If all you do is just being triggered by it and offer no argument whatsoever you may stay silent.

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    With that logic, just give all classes to all races. Humanoid races are flexible and every playable race in Warcraft is just a slightly-different human
    You're just insulting my logic with utter shit logic. Humans and Trolls are indeed flexible and play tons of classes, it never applied to all races and you know it.

Zandalari won't get paladins, or Blizz would've announced it already (plus they get druids). They made a big deal out of it with tauren paladins in the Cata announcement
    Tauren Paladins were a big deal because no one expected them. Ironically enough, Zandalari Druids look more asspulled than Prelates would be, which may even explain why the class was announced that early.

If Blizzard does not add the Paladin class to Zandalari it'll just mean they're too lazy to finally change the icons/names of the various spells per race, which was something long due since they added Tauren into the fray (even Blood Elves had unique featuers before they got struck with the homogenization hammer).