Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    I guess you weren't around when Zul'Aman was a thing? Almost all its armor drops were "trollish" in style - and were absolutely horrendous. You can still see the garbage looks on some old lvl 70 gear from Shattrath vendors.

Of course, if your entire species already looks like shit like trolls do, any good-looking gear is wasted anyway. You could just as well wear a barrel around your body.

Those aren't exactly mainstream features in troll cultures, which are mostly revolving around barbaric voodoo and sacrifice rituals. Vol'jin and others like him are rare exceptions.
    can you please read this article https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zandalari_troll and tell me again how Zandalari trolls are "barbaric" and "brutes"? Now, Amani and Gurubashi fits the description you're making of Trolls but Zandalari culture is far more evolved.

A race being able to be -every- class besides the hero class ones is too much.

Given how the Zandalari look so far Im tempted to say Paladins can work. Their Aztec/Mayan influence shows a lot of Sun-related iconography (something that introduced Tauren paladins and priests) and their themes are less about savagery and barbarism and more about the preservation and glorification of troll culture: Their ego and sense of righteousness make for a very good breeding ground for holy zealots (who were incidentally involved in 4.2). People should really differentiate between Zandalari trolls and their Darkspear/Amani/other tribal cousins.

With all the setup Zandalari trolls got since vanilla I can actually more sense seeing them fielding and having/training paladins than Tauren did upon their reveal. Or spacefaring not-demons who could both use the Holy Light and shamanism, took an extremely integral part in Orc history yet were completely unheard of until TBC rolled out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Then ally gets 2 paladin, horde get 1 shaman 2 druid. Oh wait, Dark Iron will likely have paladin.
    2018 and people still care about class balance.............

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    Why? Really why? I am curious. What if a race can do everything. What kind of advance this give to Horde or Ally if they got one. I really can't understand. I mean, it's not that if i hate Troll, but they give them all classes, i am going to play them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Honestly the Druid choice remains the weirdest to me. The Horde having many Paladins may look weird but effectively becoming the faction with the biggest number of Druid-available races is even more. Especially since, unlike Prelates, they really seem to come out of nowhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santern View Post
    Given how the Zandalari look so far Im tempted to say Paladins can work. Their Aztec/Mayan influence shows a lot of Sun-related iconography (something that introduced Tauren paladins and priests) and their themes are less about savagery and barbarism and more about the preservation and glorification of troll culture: Their ego and sense of righteousness make for a very good breeding ground for holy zealots (who were incidentally involved in 4.2). People should really differentiate between Zandalari trolls and their Darkspear/Amani/other tribal cousins.

With all the setup Zandalari trolls got since vanilla I can actually more sense seeing them fielding and having/training paladins than Tauren did upon their reveal. Or spacefaring not-demons who could both use the Holy Light and shamanism, took an extremely integral part in Orc history yet were completely unheard of until TBC rolled out.
    Yeah and I think leaving the Druid class to Darkspear trolls while giving the Paladin one to Zandalari would have greatly helped in enlighting such distinction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

well sadly people aren't willing to do some basic research and prefer to speak of what they know nothing about. i guess this is very "human" after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Yeah and I think leaving the Druid class to Darkspear trolls while giving the Paladin one to Zandalari would have greatly helped in enlighting such distinction.
    Given how important the Loa are in virtually every Troll culture (one way or another) and how Loa followers have been able to take up on their chosen god's form druids shouldn't really be excluded.

Zandalari are simply less focused than Darkspear Trolls. Its like comparing the ancient Aztec empires with unaffiliated American tribes or clans.

Given how important the Loa are in virtually every Troll culture (one way or another) and how Loa followers have been able to take up on their chosen god's form druids shouldn't really be excluded.

Zandalari are simply less focused than Darkspear Trolls. Its like comparing the ancient Aztec empires with unaffiliated American tribes or clans.
    The thing I don't get is people assuming that Zandalari PC will have access to all classes available (except DH and DK for obvious reasons) but when reading their lore, I see nothing that would actually suggest they would be interested in or allow Demonology (Warlocks) or have Rogues in their ranks. Zandalari tribe is mostly made of Priests and favor knowledge and preservation of troll history. Holy warriors (Paladins) defending Zuldazar along the Dinomancers (hunters) would make much more sense than Rogue and Warlocks for example.

Warriors and mage are pretty much a given considering the Zandalari tribe has some tight ties to magic and have a Warrior caste (even if they are few).

Druid could fit but like Paladins, lorewise it would be something different like "Shapeshifters" more than Druid in the NE / Tauren sense. Taking on the form of the Loa is pretty much a core thing among the Zandalari so yeah.

Shamans would also work since the Loa are basically spirits of nature and each Loa represent different elements or living thing.

At this point i'm not sure Blizzard have confirmed anything on classes available to Zandalari trolls appart from druids...

I see something like this :

Priest, Mage, Warrior, Hunter, Druid, Shaman, Paladin

The debate about having Druid, Shaman and paladin available to the same being unfair is just not pertinent nowadays. Those classes are just normal classes among others and i'm not sure why people are still considering thos three like somthing special that should be locked forever to some few choses races...

Stop trying to give every race Paladins. This is almost as bad as the idiotic Forsaken Paladin threads...

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Yes if they give us Draenei Warlock / Draenei Rogue / Dwarf Shaman, no if not.

You already got Nightborne Warlocks which essentially is Nelf Warlock.

Zandalari "paladins" have been in game for over a decade. Why not make them playable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildspirit View Post
    I see nothing that would actually suggest they would be interested in or allow Demonology (Warlocks) or have Rogues in their ranks.
    Actually, Zandalari seem to be adept to a particular form of Demonology, even though is not really the same of the Warlocks we know. Then again, Darkspear Troll's "warlocks" should definitely deal with blood/shadow/undead and yet they're just the standard Warlocks in WoW.

Agreed about Rogues. It strongly fits Darkspear considered they're Jungle Trolls displaying a near feline posture, Zandalari however were always described to prefer brute strength over subtlety.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanfall View Post
    Stop trying to give every race Paladins. This is almost as bad as the idiotic Forsaken Paladin threads...
    The only idiotic thing here is your comment. Zandalari Freethinkers and Prelates exist by ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildspirit View Post
    The thing I don't get is people assuming that Zandalari PC will have access to all classes available (except DH and DK for obvious reasons) but when reading their lore, I see nothing that would actually suggest they would be interested in or allow Demonology (Warlocks) or have Rogues in their ranks.
    Your statement regarding rogues I agree with, but warlocks I don't think so. Troll warlocks aren't necessarily the same brand of outcasts or rejects as other races', but stem from the witch doctor, voodoo magic-related lore. Even Zandalari muck around with voodoo and as far as I could see its still very integral to their culture too, based on what we've seen on Isle of Thunder.

Additionally Zandalari Demoniacs exist and weren't mentioned as some outcast group of demon worshippers: They bent the power and soul of their demonic thralls to empower themselves (kinda like demon hunters) and the themes of subjugation and domination are really present in most iterations of the Zandalari we have seen ingame.

Deleted
    It's lore since vanilla times. If all you do is just being triggered by it and offer no argument whatsoever you may stay silent.

You're just insulting my logic with utter shit logic. Humans and Trolls are indeed flexible and play tons of classes, it never applied to all races and you know it.

Tauren Paladins were a big deal because no one expected them. Ironically enough, Zandalari Druids look more asspulled than Prelates would be, which may even explain why the class was announced that early.

If Blizzard does not add the Paladin class to Zandalari it'll just mean they're too lazy to finally change the icons/names of the various spells per race, which was something long due since they added Tauren into the fray (even Blood Elves had unique featuers before they got struck with the homogenization hammer).
    Why is my logic ''utter shit logic''?? Anyone can pick up any magic fom, any combat art... All the races have been in contact for YEARS now... Dont go ''but their cultures don't allow it bla bla bla''. You saying everyone has exactly the same morals and values within a group? And don't say ''those people would be extreme minorities in their cultures'' either, because that argument doesn't work anymore, see playable pandaren/void elves (which are very few in number lore-wise)

Zandalari druids make sense, in Blizzard's heads, because trolls can already be druids. And lol, you're actually expecting Blizz to put effort where it isn't needed? Why would they change the class icons when they can just leave them as they are? Literally nobody but a very small % of the playerbase would care

The only idiotic thing here is your comment. Zandalari Freethinkers and Prelates exist by ever.
    Whats your point that Freethinkers(which have little to no information on them) and Prelates(which I wouldn't count as a Paladin and most people don't) are already "Paladins". There are 2 Night Elf paladins in the Order Hall right now, why not Night Elf Paladins if we are going to go out on a limb?

Deleted
    Whats your point that Freethinkers(which have little to no information on them) and Prelates(which I wouldn't count as a Paladin and most people don't) are already "Paladins". There are 2 Night Elf paladins in the Order Hall right now, why not Night Elf Paladins if we are going to go out on a limb?
    Brother, most people do see 'Prelates' as Paladins. But of course I can speak from my limited observation, ocular evidence and nothing more.

i bet you love Xe'ra too.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of the Allied races of which the available classes have been already revealed so far have FEWER classes than their "parent" race, and none of them have any extra class not already available to their "parents". If Blizzard is following this logic (and my guess is it's because they don't intend to make shiny new allied races too appealing to the playerbase, otherwise no one will roll any toon of the classic races anymore, which risk to become a rare sight in Azeroth) then Troll Paladin is a no.
    I don't really care about them personally, what I'd like is the shaman class finally made available to any of the Elven races, since it's the only one they still don't have. Possibly to Night Elves, it seems to me the most reasonable choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually no, I stand corrected: Nightborne can be warlocks while Night Elves cannot. So Troll paladin is a possibility (but please Blizzard can I have my Nelf Shaman, finally?)

Deleted
    Personally I don't really think Paladins fit on trolls, Zandalari or not. Aesthetically it just doesn't seem to match well, like the Judgment set on a male troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Then Zandalari would have way too many classes.
    The only class we know for 100% sure is they will have Druids who get a raptor travel form...obviously we know there are other logical choices but the only confirmed one is Druid.