Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    It speaks for the female directors atleast, or, you know, they might have been rewarded.

Make good movies and get rewarded, make shit and get shit on. That's just how that works.
    But bad movies are rewarded all the time. They are box office hits, with the director getting paid more and more to produce more and more of the same.

And like I said, no production team behind a movie is an all-sausage fest.

Huh... Guess I stand corrected on the "there are no systems in place preventing women from taking the helm of making movies".

"Making a movie as a woman in Hollywood is hard enough. Women are often barred by studios and producers who assume they can’t handle a big budget or the pressure that comes with making a film. (Patty Jenkins proved that outdated thinking wrong with Wonder Woman, which became the third highest-grossing film of 2017.)"
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-01-09 at 03:12 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Or, they cannot get the same opportunity to make movies that end up being in the running for award shows. Let's see, shall we go with the conspiratorial and stereotypic view that all women are shitty directors, or back in reality, that women don't have the same opportunities as men in show business.
    You are joking, right?
    Well of course I'd like to sit around and chat.
    Well of course I'd like to stay and chew the fat.
    But someone's listening in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    Or incompetent. The lack of rewards say it all.
    Oh have women been able to become directors of films for the same amount of time? Is this the part where I get to hear your misogynistic bullshit?

15+ Year Old Account
    These people (women) always ignore intent. If a cast is all male, do you think the caster's had a misogynist intent? No, they didn't. So essentially people are making mountains out of mole-hills because their feelings are hurt because someone felt excluded, that's literally all it is.

Quotas muddy creative waters, look at music, video games and books. Anytime a quota has to be met within the context of the writing, the quality usually goes down the drain, think about that for a moment. It's a matter of inclusion vs creativity.

If a painter paints a picture of the ocean and there's no waves then he didn't include waves, deal with it, it's an artist's interpretation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Shoplifter View Post
    You are joking, right?
    Obviously not. It's good to see you all get triggered by what Natalie Portman said, it means the message is working and women are becoming more courageous to speak out against the status quo.

She probably won't get anymore work with many directors after that comment.

5+ Year Old Account
    Obviously not. It's good to see you all get triggered by what Natalie Portman said, it means the message is working and women are becoming more courageous to speak out against the status quo.
    No-one is triggered at such a ludicrous notion

... So why did this thread get made, and why are you guys so up in arms?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do they need an awards ceremony in the first place
    Lots of industries have awards ceremonies, but the reason you even know about it is because the show is an advertisement.

Its relatively cheap content to produce and gets a few more tickets sold for all of the movies mentioned.
    We already pay Hollywood for their platform, they don't need shows like these for them to let us know what what they think.

5+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Adele, Taylor Swift, Emma Stone, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, etc, etc were doing fine

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    So anytime someone makes a thread it because they're butthurt? Think about your logic for a second.

5+ Year Old Account
    You're confusing outrage and disagreement.

I mean she is objectively right, they are all male. I get what her less than subtle hint was but I honestly cringe more when reading this thread than watching the video.

Now before someone chew off my head I absolutely couldn't give two shits about the gender of the nominees.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why is it ludicrous? You really think the reason why there aren't as many women directors is because they are incompetent? Ignoring the blatant misogyny, that is conspiratorial and delusional on its face. What's next, you going to tell me their brains aren't as powerful as men's?

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    So anytime someone makes a thread it because they're butthurt? Think about your logic for a second.
    I'd say so going by the tone of the posts in this particular case, yes.
    Your scenario is not my logic, you stand for your reasoning and I'll stand for mine.

I mean, just look at all the guys feeling so defensive about this that they discard all women as "shit at making movies" to simplify the issue and make themselves feel better about what that evil woman Natalie Portman dared to say...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-01-09 at 03:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was funny because apparently the women sucked at making movies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I mean she is objectively right, they are all male. I get what her less than subtle hint was but I honestly cringe more when reading this thread than watching the video.

Now before someone chew off my head I absolutely couldn't give two shits about the gender of the nominees.
    I bet 100$ this thread doesn't make you cringe and you're just using facetious language.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say so going by the tone of the posts in this particular case, yes.
    Your scenario is not my logic, you stand for your reasoning and I'll stand for mine.
    It's not my scenario, you presented it, I asked a question. If the answer is yes, you need to review your logic, if the answer is no, then we need to find the answer.

Your post is so obviously reactionary.

His point is he hates all women and he's a big bad evil monster misogynist, is this the answer you're expecting to receive?
    I said nothing of the sort.
    When you feel this threatened by women pointing out unfair treatment though, it's rather cringeworthy. You need to be a rather insecure person if this gets you all worked up.

Seem I can add you to that list as well.

5+ Year Old Account
    Why is it ludicrous? You really think the reason why there aren't as many women directors is because they are incompetent? Ignoring the blatant misogyny, that is conspiratorial and delusional on its face. What's next, you going to tell me their brains aren't as powerful as men's?
    Maybe not as many Women as men want to direct. If you believe there's some big bad out to stop women directing, then sadly you're the one in conspiracy territory. The consumer doesn't give a shit what gender the director is, and money talks, so if a women makes a movie that's going to empty the pockets of the masses, well no-one will stand in her way.

It's not my scenario, you presented it, I asked a question. If the answer is yes, you need to review your logic, if the answer is no, then we need to find the answer.
    Nope, you presented the scenario that my statement must mean that all threads ever made are a sign of "butthurt" when I was specifically referring to this thread and the guys replying to it.

Again, that's your reasoning, not mine.