Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There'll be literally at least nine freaking months before expansion. The allied races will be probably available with preordering. Anyone wishing to play as a nightborne, void elf or whatever will have MONTHS to do the quests, THEN the prepatch, before we get into real BfA content.

If someone is crazy to be an allied race character but wants to wait until BfA release to come back to the game, then it's his/her choice.

(Plus, as a nice bonus, Insurrection gives you a mount)
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2018-01-09 at 11:36 AM.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lightforged also require a rep that is ALOT harder to get. (Alot less quests, and alot newer. So well alot of players allready have exalted nightfallen, alot less have exalted army of the light)
    and also is much later in the patch.
    also alot of the nightborne quests are fucking amazing, and rather quick too.

also fucking seriously? i would do 10000 quests if i could have suramar as a faction city, like god danm.
    This, so much this. Part of my motivation for working on the Suramar stuff was the hope that it becomes a proper, demon-free city in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    As an alliance player, I'm more perturbed that I actually helped the Nightborne... only for them to turn traitor on me! At least the Hightauren won't make fun of me for kicking fish back into the river to gain their favor... ... .... crap.
    And the horde helped the LF draenei, and Alleria (so, by extension of that, the void elves). What's your point?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Lightforged Draenei : 38 quests
    Nightborn: 249 quests (145 Good Suramarian, 64 Insurrection)
    What disturbs me most is that noone noticed 145+64 doesnt equall 249...

OT: if people want to play a certain race, they will do what is required otherwise they dont really want to play that race imo.

Its neither confirmed or denied that requirements will remain like this by launch.
    I assume those are for 7.3.5 (if they become available then. I guess they will come with the leveling changes because i dont see many people level a new char with allied races on the horizon should they not be added in 7.3.5/unlocked with preorder).

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Lightforged Draenei : 38 quests
    Nightborn: 249 quests (145 Good Suramarian, 64 Insurrection)

This seems a bit unfair if one cares about such things.

http://www.wowhead.com/comprehensive-suramar-guide
    http://www.wowhead.com/comprehensive-argus-guide
    LMAO, so what?
    At least you gotta do unique quests to unlock them, unlike LF Draenei and especially void elves where you need to be doing Argus WQ's for 2-3 weeks

15+ Year Old Account
    1,5 years to do a few quest lines, big fucking deal
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    There'll be literally at least nine freaking months before expansion. The allied races will be probably available with preordering. Anyone wishing to play as a nightborne, void elf or whatever will have MONTHS to do the quests, THEN the prepatch, before we get into real BfA content.

If someone is crazy to be an allied race character but wants to wait until BfA release to come back to the game, then it's his/her choice.

(Plus, as a nice bonus, Insurrection gives you a mount)
    Exactly this...

and tbh, the only people who might be negatively affected by this are new players who really want to roll an allied race, but otherwise pretty much anyone by now has done the suramar quests as they are required for legion flying + you get a nice mount at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Lore's blue post on the matter says hello.
    Lore's blue post says not to mind some datamined information regarding allied races that is being put in the game early, not that they won't be coming. The post was made in refererence to Dark Iron Dwarf files.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Did this long time ago and it's even account wide. So, for my Alliance Alt which will unlock the new races, I only have to get the reputation, which is not much of a hassle (human reputation bonus ftw).

Also, the Nightborne storyline is great content. And you even get a mount when you are finished, while other races don't have such a perk.

And I think that they will change the requirements later, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    Being forced to do old expansion content to unlock new expansion feature is beyond stupid. It doesn't effect me anyhow but i can see how it will be problematic for new or returning players.
    This, and also it's bothersome that some races require vastly more effort/time than others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    Being forced to do old expansion content to unlock new expansion feature is beyond stupid. It doesn't effect me anyhow but i can see how it will be problematic for new or returning players.
    It's not stupid, it's good that they keep older content relevant in some way. They should've done that in the past as well.

Good thing you have had over a year to get them all done!
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

15+ Year Old Account
    This isn't any different than any other thing.

With WotLK, you needed to have at least one level 55 on a server to make a Death Knight on that server.

With Legion, you needed to have at least one level 100 on a server to make a Demon Hunter on that server.

Blood Elves, Draenei, Pandas or Monks didn't have this caveat because they all effectively started at level 1 and weren't 'special'.

The entire premise behind the Allied races is that you need to recruit them. You're supposed to recruit them on your 'main' character, who should have gotten the reputation and done the quests.

I noticed you didn't mention that in order to unlock the Allied races, you need a max level on the faction you're wanting to unlock, to do the quest for them. So despite the fact that I have exalted with all these reputations on my NE DH, I still can't make a Nightborne, High Mountain Tauren or Zandalari Troll until I level up a horde.

You want the content, then play the game. There's enough 'free' stuff for new or returning players to enjoy on their journey.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Oh are we done whining about zone scaling now and we are now back to "waaaaah lower lvl quests are unchallenging"? You people need to make up your fucking minds.
    Are you daft?

It does not matter if it's challenging or unchallenging (previous expansions content is always unchallenging though), it's the fact that any new player or old player returning in BFA is locked out in ONE OF THE SUB-RACES by a mammoth 250 quest questline whilst others are not.

Talk about missing the fucking point entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    Good thing you have had over a year to get them all done!
    You're wrongly assuming everyone plays wow all the time. that is certainly not the case. it's common to take breaks, skip expansions entirely, return later, etc.

Deleted
    Enjoy the sugar rush when you EARN your superb allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    Your TLDR has the same amount of words as your first paragraph *giggles*
    So as it's been pointed out lol. Less characters though! and really the tldr was 'Point is mute since you need exalted anyways' then I just tacked on more and was too lazy to change it haha

Although they add them in the patch files and inserting an entire new leveling system in the next patch, you'll have like half a year to do those quests. This is because Blizzard is smart enough not to include those races in the absolute best time to add them together with the pre-order now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    It's unfortunate for returning players, but theres a lot of time for legion to launch, and most players have that stuff done because it's part of flying, and everyone should do Suramar at least once, it's one of the better zones Blizzard has ever done.
    you wanna bet they will release the legion (allied) races before BFA goes live, possibly with a pre order?

great way to make people resubscribe for several months and sell BFA way before it goes live

I'm thinking just the Dark Iron and Zandalari will be avaiable only upon the expansion's release, or maybe they'll release only the Nightborne and Lightforged with the pre oder
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2018-01-09 at 04:36 PM.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gtgcul8r View Post
    It's not stupid, it's good that they keep older content relevant in some way. They should've done that in the past as well.
    By locking new expansion's major content behind it? people will be facerolling through those anyway in Bfa , how is that keeping old content relevant?
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    This isn't any different than any other thing.

With WotLK, you needed to have at least one level 55 on a server to make a Death Knight on that server.

With Legion, you needed to have at least one level 100 on a server to make a Demon Hunter on that server.

Blood Elves, Draenei, Pandas or Monks didn't have this caveat because they all effectively started at level 1 and weren't 'special'.

The entire premise behind the Allied races is that you need to recruit them. You're supposed to recruit them on your 'main' character, who should have gotten the reputation and done the quests.

I noticed you didn't mention that in order to unlock the Allied races, you need a max level on the faction you're wanting to unlock, to do the quest for them. So despite the fact that I have exalted with all these reputations on my NE DH, I still can't make a Nightborne, High Mountain Tauren or Zandalari Troll until I level up a horde.

You want the content, then play the game. There's enough 'free' stuff for new or returning players to enjoy on their journey.
    I agree with your point, however, quick note, you got a free lvl 100, so there really wasn't a requirement for Demon Hunter other than buying the box.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Best? You're kidding right? They are the single worst thing about the entire expansion. They are soul sucking in how absolutely terrible they are from the beginning to the end. If not for needing them to get flying I'd never have bothered with that cesspool. If you think they are even mildly okay you must be a pretty hardcore masochist.
    What are you on about? It was a nice plot, full of good characters and an engaging storyline with plenty of intrigue set in a gorgeous zone. Lengthy, sure. But the worst thing in the expansion? Far from it.