Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Sigh. Dude, trees, forest. Stop focusing on minutiae.

The bold part is what I meant. The "should not be made to" part is not. Yes, yes, I know that's what he wrote, and I can see how you interpreted it (as in made to by law, rather than made to by management in their own self interest). I just wish somehow you'd figure out how to interpret shit the way people intend it, not in bizarre ways.
    I think I am not the only one who had trouble understanding that you meant the bold part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    BTW, I know that Breitbart gave orders to believe that this memo was a piece of magnificient wisdom. In reality, it's an avalanche of buzzwords and lame bullet points.

I know that squeaking ''EVERYONE NOT WHITE MALE STOOPID AND STEALING YOUR JOB, EVEN IF THE JOB IS NUCLEAR SCIENTIST AND YOU ARE WORKING IN A PEANUT FACTORY IN ALABAMA'' make you looks ''scientifical'' in some circles, but it's not.
    Are all your posts like this? I mean, I heard of you in other threads (if I am remembering the nick correctly), and you sure don't disappoint.

It because oddly enough, when people prove ''scientifukally'' that X group is better at...the results is ALWAYS...

''Blacks, Asians, Arabs, Mexicans are very good at doing menial jobs while white are good at giving them orders''.
    You are literally a cartoon character.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I don't know how they can be reconciled because I am saying "The better employee would be the one who is capable of doing the job better. The end." and you are saying "The better employee would be the one who is capable of doing the job better. But we have to also consider other factors."

I *disagree* that we have to consider other factors. You are free to consider them, I am not going to.

You disagree because you like to be disagreeable :P

Every job is performed within the context of an organisation. The best person for job X at organisation Y might not be the best person for job X at organisation Z.

So, in the context of, for example, a company trying to break into selling their product in a black community, hiring a black sales manager would probably make more sense, even against a white guy who got better grades in his degree.

I *disagree* that adding diversity "strengthens" the organization. I think very little of studies on that, they are biased BS made to arrive to the pre-defined result in order to get something published. Your opinion might be different and that's fine, but my opinion is that this is simply BS.
    Look, you are entitled to disagree as much as you like and put it all down to a big conspiracy theory. But the reality is that a significant number of business leaders will take that literature seriously, which is enough of a rationale to justify them chasing diversity. So your disagreement, while noted, is actually irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethris View Post
    You are literally a cartoon character.
    No, actually not. Giving lame ''traits'' to ''race'' was the mode in Europe in 1900, and oddly enough, it always boiled down that your ethnic group was good for intellectual pursuits, military and giving orders, while the colonials were good at being given orders.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I am not the only one who had trouble understanding that you meant the bold part.
    I have posted thousands of comments and had thousands of conversations with many people over many years. There are few people with whom I have had nearly as much difficulty trying to get them to understand what I am saying as with you. It's frustrating, because you also come across as very condescending, but I have learned to try and be patient and constructive with you.

Look, you are entitled to disagree as much as you like and put it all down to a big conspiracy theory. But the reality is that a significant number of business leaders will take that literature seriously, which is enough of a rationale to justify them chasing diversity. So your disagreement, while noted, is actually irrelevant.
    Oh, of course some of the business leaders take that literature seriously. We are in a thread discussing one company with such leaders. Whether or not this helps business is a different story completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    There is literally no possible way this will ever happen.
    The fortune teller Celista, who's also a lawyer, has spoken, guys. Shut this shit down. No need to discuss anything anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

It because oddly enough, when people prove ''scientifukally'' that X group is better at...the results is ALWAYS...

''Blacks, Asians, Arabs, Mexicans are very good at doing menial jobs while white are good at giving them orders''.
    That not what he said at all. Your just bringing in random things because it vaguely has something in common. And just because a argument makes you uncomfortable doesn’t mean it’s untrue. Men and women are biologically different, which is a fact, the conclusion is that they see the world diffrently and act differently which leads them to be better at some tasks than the other sex. This means it’s good to have a healthy mix and use each sexes strengths to strengthen the company.

Please explain to me how everyone is at odds with each other over this.

Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    As a Google employee who watched all of this happen, that is not what happened. So fucking disingenuous.
    What happened?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    If you're one of the people that believe white males are being discriminated against, I feel really sorry for you.
    Of course white males can be and are discriminated against. At their core, discrimination against whites is precisely what affirmative action, racial quotas, social justice and intersectionality espouse.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

No, actually not. Giving lame ''traits'' to ''race'' was the mode in Europe in 1900, and oddly enough, it always boiled down that your ethnic group was good for intellectual pursuits, military and giving orders, while the colonials were good at being given orders.
    Your knee-jerk mental gymnastics reduce your own talking points to rhetoric only argued by hardcore white supremecists; and you seem to draw these conclusions far more often than actual white supremacists. You are the only person talking about this shit. Stop putting words in everyone's mouth, because nobody is making these arguments but you.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I would really like some evidence that the meeting the guy is claiming happened actually happend as claimed. That level of “out there” instantly makes my bullshit detector go off.
    Most people don't believe the ridiculous vitriol that white men have to put up with in Silicon Valley until they see it for themselves. These "white male shitlords" aren't making it up. The apache helicopter and Kekistani ethnicity memes were created for a reason, you know. This is the red pill coming in - open up!

The problem in all of this is that feminists determined that men and women aren't equal because women's pay is lower on average, and then they focus all their attention on the jobs women want but can't get. No attempts have been made to make women get into garbage disposal or other high paying jobs that aren't prestigious such as garbage disposal or mining, and there have been no attempts to get more women in prison or on part-time shitty jobs. The truth is that men exist in a wider spectrum, so they make up the majority of CEO's and elite atheletes, but also the majority of the prison population and the homeless.

Now feminists are saying they're for gender equality and therefore keeping men out of the top of society while doing nothing whatsoever to get them out of the bottom. It's disgraceful. The anger coming from white men is well justified.

As far as race relations go, white men are middle of the pack in terms of job success. Asians are above them, arabs are slightly below, and blacks are well below. Blacks have every right to be angry about that, although I think they are directing their anger incorrectly, but that's a story for another time.

10+ Year Old Account
    What happened?
    I'm not going to discuss the details publicly since I like my job and intend to keep it. You'll have to settle for being on the outside and believing whatever you want to believe.

For what it's worth, I'm under no delusion that it would matter either way. We all know there is no revelation or detail that would change your position or your belief that James Damore's experience validates your position, whatever that is. I assume it has something to do with white males being oppressed, which, as a white male with an incredibly easy life, I find pretty laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Most of his leaks are from internal forums from google which employees are allowed to do whatever they want, there is no real proof of what he claims are internal memos are real. His entire lawsuit is designed to force google to settle out of fear of bad press, at the same time what he is doing is mostly like a huge violation of his NDA.
    I don't believe NDA's apply if the information is relevant to the court. You can't make someone sign a contract that says "Don't leak what happened in this room" and then kill someone, and then prosecute whoever leaks the murder to the authorities.

Obviously this situation isn't quite like that, but as far as I know (American lawyer please correct me if you know better), James Damore doesn't have to care 1 bit if the judge rules that the information was relevant to the case, even if he doesn't win the case.

Last edited by infinit; 2018-01-09 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    I assume it has something to do with white males being oppressed, which, as a white male with an incredibly easy life, I find pretty laughable.
    Phew, I'm glad white males are doing fine, based on your incredibly isolated anecdote. We clearly all have the good fortune to live in a posh city and work for a top 10 company. Thank you for pulling us up from the bottom.

Saying there are differences may be true, but to suggest that a nearly microscopic percentage difference in X explains such a massive male-dominated statistic in employment is completely absurd.

Further, it's only in computer science related fields. Exclusively. Every other science, every other field, has seen a massive increase in women. Every. Single. One. Including fields that use exactly the same logic skills - maths and physics, for example. Computer science fields alone have increased in male dominance. It is clearly cultural, and not cultural in the sense that women don't want to do it - cultural in the sense that women are actively pushed out.

Lawsuits like these only reinforce that absurdity, and Google is absolutely right to be pushing hard for diversity. Neckbeards be damned, and no, you can't argue that it's not pure neckbeardism - the ship sailed on that argument a long time ago. Just god damn stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Most people don't believe the ridiculous vitriol that white men have to put up with in Silicon Valley until they see it for themselves. These "white male shitlords" aren't making it up. The apache helicopter and Kekistani ethnicity memes were created for a reason, you know. This is the red pill coming in - open up!

The problem in all of this is that feminists determined that men and women aren't equal because women's pay is lower on average, and then they focus all their attention on the jobs women want but can't get. No attempts have been made to make women get into garbage disposal or other high paying jobs that aren't prestigious such as garbage disposal or mining, and there have been no attempts to get more women in prison or on part-time shitty jobs. The truth is that men exist in a wider spectrum, so they make up the majority of CEO's and elite atheletes, but also the majority of the prison population and the homeless.

Now feminists are saying they're for gender equality and therefore keeping men out of the top of society while doing nothing whatsoever to get them out of the bottom. It's disgraceful. The anger coming from white men is well justified.

As far as race relations go, white men are middle of the pack in terms of job success. Asians are above them, arabs are slightly below, and blacks are well below. Blacks have every right to be angry about that, although I think they are directing their anger incorrectly, but that's a story for another time.
    REDPILL : another word that means ''angry man children who opinion is completely irrelevant, as he insist on using in the wrong sense a metaphor from a decades old movie''

Deleted
    Unless the company has poor diversity. Bear in mind that a diverse workforce is generally considered to be significant advantage in the market
    By whom?

The only studies which succeeded in linking anything useful to diversity suffer from heavy bias, the people which run those studies have questionable diligence, and it's hard to believe in their good faith when they earn their dollars by selling diversity programs / certification packages / consulting ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    No, his memo said "biologically less capable of engineering" which is quite a rediculus thing to say.
    So you haven't read it.