10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    What.

10char
    id have the system tell them they weren't good enough to queue for comp for whatever reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    id have the system tell them they weren't good enough to queue for comp for whatever reason.
    For not hacking/botting?

10+ Year Old Account

well this should clear up that language barrier (warning: racial slurs used) but a non-hacker is basically someone who just isn't "with the program".

I hope you are joking. If you are not joking you are trash for cheating, you don't deserve what ever rank you got by cheating and you don't deserve to whine about anyone at that rank. Most of them probably got there without cheating so they are better than you by default.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    I hope you are joking. If you are not joking you are trash for cheating, you don't deserve what ever rank you got by cheating and you don't deserve to whine about anyone at that rank. Most of them probably got there without cheating so they are better than you by default.
    It's an American colloquialism.

There is of course the computer programming kind of hacker. But in this context a hacker, in contrast to a non-hacker, is someone who can focus on and singlemindedly dedicate themselves to an objective.

- - - Updated - - -

Play Tracer for 3 seasons, no problem. Season 8 begins and everyone has played Tracer for 6+ hours >___> wtf

- - - Updated - - -

lol 14-0 with 10 mercy and zen picks but these people cant even push 1

ALL HAIL THE INVINCIBLE ROADHOG WE CAN'T COUNTERPICK BECAUSE WE HAVE TOO MUCH BRAIN DAMAGE FROM PLAYING JUNKRAT

It's an American colloquialism.

There is of course the computer programming kind of hacker. But in this context a hacker, in contrast to a non-hacker, is someone who can focus on and singlemindedly dedicate themselves to an objective.
    As an American myself this is the first time I've ever heard of this.

I've heard of people being a hack, but that's different, and the reverse wouldn't be a "non-hacker", it would be competent. Which is what the placement system is for anyway, to find out who preforms at what levels. The whole reason of ranked would be ruined if there was no ranks to play at because you weed out the people who play below a certain level.

did my placements and got placed ~70 points lower from the end of the last season

this is something new
    also played almost every game as moira this time

10+ Year Old Account
    i hope this update going live right now is the junkrat and mercy nerf because fuck am i ready for that shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    As an American myself this is the first time I've ever heard of this.

I've heard of people being a hack, but that's different, and the reverse wouldn't be a "non-hacker", it would be competent. Which is what the placement system is for anyway, to find out who preforms at what levels. The whole reason of ranked would be ruined if there was no ranks to play at because you weed out the people who play below a certain level.
    Well our language is the most difficult language to learn in the world for a reason. our language is a very emotional language that is more subject to interpretation than literal context.

you know what placements are? its where the system just gives up and drops you off at after 25 levels of getting your ass kicked by diamond and masters players and drops you off at whatever your MMR at level 25 is. This is why we have people in bronze who think they are gold or platinum.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2018-01-09 at 07:34 PM.

i hope this update going live right now is the junkrat and mercy nerf because fuck am i ready for that shit.
    You're still gonna see Junkrat probably everywhere as long as the knockback aspect is still retained. The ability to disengage is extremely useful when you have people like Winston jumping onto you.

Well our language is the most difficult language to learn in the world for a reason. our language is a very emotional language that is more subject to interpretation.
    I mean, that's true, and it could easily be a Southern thing if anything (no idea where you live, but I'm in the Northeast and never heard it)

you know what placements are? its where the system just gives up and drops you off at after 25 levels of getting your ass kicked by diamond and masters players and drops you off at whatever your MMR at level 25 is. This is why we have people in bronze who think they are gold or platinum.
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard has said before that your MMR is decided far quicker than that even for quick play, something more in the range of 10-20 matches.

I mean, it's anecdotal, but I flipped on Overwatch on my PS4 to screw around, and my first match was against people who are literally stopping to stand still and shoot. Yes, console and all, but standing STILL to shoot is a bit...wat. And I mean even on characters like Tracer/Soldier

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard has said before that your MMR is decided far quicker than that even for quick play, something more in the range of 10-20 matches.
    when i bought my new account i had to face masters & diamond players for more than 60 matches until my MMR dropped into gold and plat so im gonna call bullshit on that lol

and hell yeah the OWL skins are live, hopefully the nerfs too but checking out the skins

- - - Updated - - -

i feel like everyone but LAG and SED got shafted on their team skins xD

Are... FM and SHD going to be able to tell the difference from each other? >___> lmao

when i bought my new account i had to face masters & diamond players for more than 60 matches until my MMR dropped into gold and plat so im gonna call bullshit on that lol

and hell yeah the OWL skins are live, hopefully the nerfs too but checking out the skins

- - - Updated - - -

i feel like everyone but LAG and SED got shafted on their team skins xD

Are... FM and SHD going to be able to tell the difference from each other? >___> lmao
    Maybe you were doing far better than you thought at the time? *shrug*

And as I've been describing the skins since I first saw them now, it looks like someone gave a coloring book to the teams along with a box of Roseart crayons.

Not even Crayola, just freaking Roseart.

Nerfs probably won't be seen until another month though, they were just put on the PTR after all. Might go live with Blizzard World.

And as I've been describing the skins since I first saw them now, it looks like someone gave a coloring book to the teams along with a box of Roseart crayons.

Not even Crayola, just freaking Roseart.

Nerfs probably won't be seen until another month though, they were just put on the PTR after all. Might go live with Blizzard World.
    Not a big fan of the skins. First off, they look horrid (personal opinion), and second, it seems like Blizzard is making a "support your team" thing with the idea to make it a sport:
    As far as changes, only thing I've heard was from a Ragtagg video where he stated something like end of Jan, beginning of Feb for changes that were announced before the Junk/Mercy changes. With that in mind, I'd expect their changes around the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    nah there is no way in hell lol the game was literally unplayable for me. i sat through so much discouraging torture that i forgot how to play Genji because playing at that level fucked with everything i knew was okay and how i played the game. i rarely ever play him now because of it and generally lose the mind game matchup of genji's kit. because of hit or miss matchmaking i just decided to main tracer because she was much more consistent and much easier to mindgame people as

sucks because i really liked genji and my projectile aim was getting pretty decent but in the grand scheme of things i often found myself countered by things like turrets and winston anyway so it wasn't a good pick for me - i also always find myself panicking while using dragonblade now and usually having something really anticlimactic happen right after popping like being rocketed into the atmosphere by soldier, randomly mined, blind death blossomed or just plain shot in the face by reaper T____T. he's a hero i really wanted to be good at but just had to face the fact that unless i was just simply amazing and way out of my current league at playing him that i would never be able to enjoy a consistent performance as Genji

that was a while ago (last year) and i still think its crazy how I struggle at my long & mid-range consistency with heroes like McCree or Soldier but excel at Tracer and Reaper. I can't even play hitscan at the elo I can play Reaper and Tracer at so it always annoys me when I go into DM and some tryhard is playing pharah because i had my elo on one account at around gold/silver, but play like 10 games as reaper or tracer because ppl there can't fight hog and suddenly im being swarmed by diamond (sometimes master) junkrat, widowmaker, hanzo, tracer and pharah players. =/

I used to like to warm up as McCree and Soldier 76 because I'd be able to play them a lot better for the purpose of shooting Pharah and got pretty good blind flicks from the warmup but its so hard to get into the groove of things and actually even shoot at other players as those heroes now because i just get gangbanged over and over again @___@ i legit want to uninstall the game when i respawn into a wallhack shot to the face or a scatter

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well our language is the most difficult language to learn in the world for a reason. our language is a very emotional language that is more
    subject to interpretation than literal context.
    English major and technical writer here. Figuratively no one uses those words in that way. So no...it's not some byproduct of our language being so great and mystical that none of us have ever heard this term until you enlightened us. It's not a colloquialism, because it is not used in regular conversation by regular people. It's not a familiar reference to most people.

When you googled to find the word colloquialism, surely you would have at least read the definition before you thought it would fit...or no?

Seems more like you thought it would be clever to use a trigger word on the forums so you could cause a scene and then show how smart you are. Man...that didn't go like you planned in your head, huh?
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Not a big fan of the skins. First off, they look horrid (personal opinion), and second, it seems like Blizzard is making a "support your team" thing with the idea to make it a sport:
    eh junkrat doesn't look too bad in most of them

i went ahead and got the genji skin because i just didnt see much else great looking and i know what skin i want as Tracer (Graffiti) and prefer my Punk over the LAG skin even though it doesn't look bad - decided to buy it on my alt account. i also thought "remember the gold ranger? this is him now. feel old yet?" when i looked at the SED Genji skin and even more so when i equipped my golden weapon lmao so i couldn't help myself and got it on my main account

Some of them look OK, but I'm really disappointed by the DF ones. I think SED and LAG look the best. HO Bastion, Orissa and Zenyatta look pretty cool though. Some of the Hog ones look ok too, but i think they'd look better if they kept his mask black or one of the darker colors. Strangely enough, Doomfist and Hanzo seem to gracefully sport most of the jerseys lol. must be all that manwhore cleavage to balance out those contrasting colors xD

I liked London Spitfire's logo the most, but their skins look atrocious. Ryujehong and Surefour are reppin the best lookin teams, so I had to go for those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Seems more like you thought it would be clever to use a trigger word on the forums so you could cause a scene and then show how smart you are. Man...that didn't go like you planned in your head, huh?
    Sorry you didn't enjoy Full Metal Jacket as much as I did, I've been using the term all my life lol. Either way it was just a misunderstanding I tried to clear up; but the point stands, does it not?

10+ Year Old Account
    When you tilt the enemy team so hard as Widowmaker that one quits and the rest laser focus on you, forgetting you have 5 team mates...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerFunk View Post
    lost 9/10, got to 3400 for some reason.
    i was 3600, but stopped playing last season so i ended 3000
    wierd.
    I had a season ranking like that. Lost 9/10, ranked 3400~.

This past season I won 9/10, ranked 3,220.

Confusing as hell.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    When you tilt the enemy team so hard as Widowmaker that one quits and the rest laser focus on you, forgetting you have 5 team mates...
    unfortunately when this happens for me the match gets cancelled or everyone on the enemy team switches to counter me lol

i legit one time pissed a team off so bad as pharah that they were running soldier, mccree, widowmaker and ana. i hate it when i lose games because i am the carry and i am not allowed to fuck up. =/

Being tunneled first by everyone in the death match feel like cheating.

I won, but those f****** trash salads ruined my fifteen point lead.

Had an interesting game today. Enemy team has a Genji and was pretty good. We were on attack on Numbani, got held in front of last point for around 1. On Round 2, Genji started trash talking people on our team. Asked a member how many times they SV died to him, put EZ in game chat every time he got a kill or escaped. Funny thing was though, it had the opposite effect. For the next 3:30 of their attack round, Genji got 1 Ult usage and scored 2 kills. We stopped their push and held. He swapped to Pharah, still didn't help.
    Always nice when people posting trash talking to demoralize the other team have the opposite happen.