Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    I've had several games today where we needed a mercy and we had not one but 2 mercy mains, both were not on mercy and we proceeded to lose, clearly they were trolling by not playing their best hero but of course thats not troling by blizzards definition, but the b igger question is why has it been for almost, 4 months n ow? that if you have no mercy and enemy team has one your going to lose 90% of matches, are they oblivious to this?
    The current nerfs are to hard. She is no longer a must pick...yes on Epic level she is. But on the level 95% of us play on she is not longer epic. I can outheal her on Moria and still be silver/gold in damage and kills.

They do not see the problem why she gets picked...until they do not see the problem she always will be to strong. Her problems ( why she is a very good pick):
    - she is a healer...the rest are all dps healers. She needs to spend 99% of her time healing. While the rest dps during that time. So she is always very strong in that regard.
    - Her ress...they can nerf it into the ground but it will always be either OP or UP. There is no middle ground to this. And the current way is perfect. Its easy to kill her and her ress target now. They could do something that gives the ress target a movement speed debuff or less hp when ressed. But otherwise it is good.
    - her ult nerf is also silly. They nerf it because it is to strong....have they ever looked at hanzo...he gets his ult very fast and its almost impossible to stop. Ult wise the game is currently broken as hell. You have powerful ones like mercy and hanzo and reaper and lucio and ana's. But you also have ones that can be stopped from going off, hero gets stunned or you can move out of it. Or it has pathing issue's etc like reinhard, doomfist etc. ( except dva...weirdly for me her bomb has been going thru stuff for me she should not work thru). I think the only real good/balance ones are genji and tracer. They are strong but no OP. you can counter them but they are not easy to counter. And they take skill to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Moira's spray does 80hps, while leaving a HoT that heals for an additional 50hp over 3 seconds. That doesn't include her healing orb.

Mercy's staff heals for 60hps.

Agree that she should have been left alone though, or maybe add the 1.5 second cast to her original ult even.

Moira needs to recharge and has a shorter range. That's why I believe she is weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Moira needs to recharge and has a shorter range.
    That doesn't change that she can heal someone better than Mercy can, so if Mercy can keep someone up so can Moira.

Her heal also does come back over time, and it's actually pretty quick, she doesn't need to do damage, downtime also works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Moira needs to recharge and has a shorter range. That's why I believe she is weaker.
    Moira and Mercy have the same range.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That doesn't change that she can heal someone better than Mercy can, so if Mercy can keep someone up so can Moira.

Her heal also does come back over time, and it's actually pretty quick, she doesn't need to do damage, downtime also works.
    I don't know how much of a difference this makes for people skilled at aiming. But Mercy's heal "locks on" to a target, where as Moira's doesn't. For me at least, that makes it a little more difficult, even if its just slight. Now that's counter-balanced by the fact she can heal multiple people at a time with her cone and also dish out a healing orb.

It's kinda tough to compare 2 heroes when you really take into account the different mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I don't know how much of a difference this makes for people skilled at aiming. But Mercy's heal "locks on" to a target, where as Moira's doesn't. For me at least, that makes it a little more difficult, even if its just slight. Now that's counter-balanced by the fact she can heal multiple people at a time with her cone and also dish out a healing orb.

It's kinda tough to compare 2 heroes when you really take into account the different mechanics.
    It is true.

And Moira is going to have a harder time healing a spread out team than a Mercy, since guardian angel allows for more mobility around your team than Moira's teleport does.

But as far as their HPS goes in a comparison, Moira should outheal Mercy overall, assuming ideal circumstances for Moira (which your team should be taking into account that you're Moira).

All I know is that I grew exceptionally tired of them changing Mercy up. I uninstalled the game months ago and never looked back. It was obvious that they will sacrifice everything for the sake of "balance" and keep mauling down on their poor characters.

Fuck Overwatch.

You say balance like it is bad. L o fn l.

Salty Roadhog main?