Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Overwatch League Skins

Hi

I am curious about the Overwatch League skins.

I count 26x12 skins, aka 312 skins.

And the points to get them cost quite A LOT, to buy all of them, I have to spend 1200 euro. Is this intented or is there any other way to get those points?

I feel I will ruin myself if I buy them all, but I also really want them, I can only assume they become unavaliable after this event?

Also, how long will these be avaliable? Are they gone forever if I don't get them now?
    Last edited by Battlebeard; 2018-01-09 at 07:30 PM.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    This is insane. Guess I need to take a small loan to afford them all
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Do the teams get a % of the skin purchases?

10+ Year Old Account
    Though, can't find any information anywhere if these skins will be avaliable after 13 january.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway, yes, they are supposed to cost real money only. Blizzard said when they first announced the skins would be available to players that they were going to implement them in a way that generated money directly for the OWL teams, so it seemed unlikely from the start you'd be able to get them with normal in-game currency. $5 a skin is pretty steep, but I guess those players need a way to break even on that insane franchise buyin fee somehow!

Yeah, it would be crazy expensive to get them all but most are just pretty bland recolours. Even if you're really into OWL to seems like the kind of thing where most people probably only are interested in a few skins for their favourite teams (or colour schemes) for most played heroes. If you're just a completionist collector, I don't really know what to say - that's always sort of been an expensive approach in these circumstances.

I'm not even sure what I'm going to buy with my one free skin. The heroes I think look best in the recolours are also not heroes I play. I have the most hours on Lucio and he's pretty meh in all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Do the teams get a % of the skin purchases?
    Yes, but I don't know if they've said what.

Edit: 50%

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Though, can't find any information anywhere if these skins will be avaliable after 13 january.
    I can't find any proof but I don't see why they would make them limited. The point is to generate revenue for the teams, so it wouldn't make sense to give up free money and take them away before the end of the season.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2018-01-09 at 07:53 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    I think the design wasn't for you to buy them all. It is designed to support your team during the league. It's design to show off who you're cheering on during the league.

If you choose to shoot yourself in the foot financially, that's your choice, but then again, don't complain when it's clearly not meant to be a collectionists thing...-.-

Edit: you wouldn't buy all of the jerseys of all of the players of all the teams in the NBA right?

5$ for a single skin, have fun.

It’s just the free 100 tokens that won’t be available after February 13th, the skins will likely remain available until the team or league shuts down, whichever comes first.

And yeah, like others have said: the intent isn’t to collect all the skins, it’s to show support for a particular team. Hence why a portion of the proceeds go to that particular team. It’s a fundraiser, basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a collector who have 100% of things in Hero Gallery, except Gold Weapons ofc, I really, really want them all. I make a good salary but this seems to insane for me even

If anyone find info on how the event will be up for sure, please let me know

As a collector who have 100% of things in Hero Gallery, except Gold Weapons ofc, I really, really want them all. I make a good salary but this seems to insane for me even

Considering it has a separate menu option entirely, I would say this is not an event, and thus will have no end date. Unless you are talking about the one-time free 100 Tokens you need to buy a skin... that lasts until Feburary 13th.

5$ for a recolor with a name plastered somewhere? Yeah right.

I used my free one on the Moira black and gold skin. The rest can go fund itself somewhere else.

Yeah this is a bit crazy. I would have preferred something like how Dota does it, but meh.

Most of the skins are pretty ugly anyway in my opinion, and who knows how long the teams will even last. You could buy something to support a team that ends up collapsing in a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that OWL really interests me, but I think the Gladiator’s skins are pretty nice. Got my Widow freebie and think I will actually use it for a bit because that one in particular is really nice. No intention of getting any others.

Lol at the Pikachu team though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they gave me a frin skin. Seoul Genji is pretttttty nice but yeah. I will not spend any money on re-colored skins. Would be nice if you could collect them in some other way, like watching their live-streams etc.

I'm sad about seeing these horrible skins everywhere.

I actually like this a lot, yes you have to pay for them, but they do support the team, and the person buying these realizes that it is a recolor, and is almost exclusively to support a team. I see a couple for certain heroes I like, but I won't buy a ton of them. Still, I really love the idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    5$ for a single skin, have fun.
    I wouldn't mind paying that if they continue to design them (better, that is). For example, I think Florida Mayhem and Shanghai Dragons are going to need Alternate Jerseys for when they face each other because they are exact same colors. Some of them look better than the base skins too - I'm not big into loot boxes but I've always been a very aesthetic focused kind of player because it's nice to stand out from others.

Personally, I'd love to be in charge of altering them slightly and uniquely designing each hero skin with a unique aesthetic feature based on a star player's desires. I.e, perhaps Ryujehong's Ana could have a different gun, her hood down, maybe even be made to be young Ana with a few tweaks etc. Surefour's Tracer could have a special helmet, IDDQD's Soldier 76 could have a uniue tac visor etc. Maybe even the Dallas Fuel skin could make Winston take on some of XQC's personality and use some of his mannerisms - like maybe when he leaps to initiate he could yell "lets goooo ham my doggies" or on spawn he could say something like "time to get this W boys" I don't know lol I think that would be cool.

I think if they put some work into it, they could be really great.

Went and bought 9 Fuel skins! Couldn't justify buying all, yet

If oyu haven't bought them you can't see them in the gallery, so no need to fret

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I wouldn't mind paying that if they continue to design them (better, that is). For example, I think Florida Mayhem and Shanghai Dragons are going to need Alternate Jerseys for when they face each other because they are exact same colors. Some of them look better than the base skins too - I'm not big into loot boxes but I've always been a very aesthetic focused kind of player because it's nice to stand out from others.

Personally, I'd love to be in charge of altering them slightly and uniquely designing each hero skin with a unique aesthetic feature based on a star player's desires. I.e, perhaps Ryujehong's Ana could have a different gun, her hood down, maybe even be made to be young Ana with a few tweaks etc. Surefour's Tracer could have a special helmet, IDDQD's Soldier 76 could have a uniue tac visor etc. Maybe even the Dallas Fuel skin could make Winston take on some of XQC's personality and use some of his mannerisms - like maybe when he leaps to initiate he could yell "lets goooo ham my doggies" or on spawn he could say something like "time to get this W boys" I don't know lol I think that would be cool.

No matter who faces who one team will have these colors, home colors, and the other will have away colors, basically white with minor color details. So it's not an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

There are home and away skins that they use in the league, so no chance of confusion when watching.

The thing about your second idea though... what would happen when the roster changes? I think it is better this way since they wouldn't have to scramble to rework things if, say, xQc gets dropped for another tank player. Unique visuals based on the team, i.e. D.Va's mech displaying the team logo on screen when she enters it, rather than individual players would be neat though.