Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

There hasn't been some objective removal of "magic" from the game, everyone's got their personal idea of when the game was at its best.

And no, they'll never be able to "recapture" the magic people felt on a subjective level, save from lobotomizing their entire playerbase so as to make them forget everything and play the game once more from the perspective of an entirely new player.
    You're still here, I see. I thought you learned your lesson in the previous threads you were laughed out of. You know there are Legion and BfA forums. Why not stick to those? I mean other than the unignorable drive to shit on the things OTHER people like you seem to experience.

Also, numbers don't lie. Wrath of the Lich King was the peak of WoW. That was the end of the story for a lot of people. It wrapped up the WC 3 storylines. All the stuff that came after was pretty much useless fluff to try to milk more out of the franchise. The subsequent steady bleeding of sub numbers have proved most of us saw that sooner than you did.

While some very nostalgic people view classic servers as some sort of WoW reboot, I think that Blizzard don't see this is a new branch with new potential, and once they are up and running they will probably drop developing for them part from security patches etc.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    I was thinking. If classic WoW becomes a success, will we also get a new classic WoW expansion later on? With a classic WoW expansion I don't mean TBC but a new expansion based on the classic WoW playstyle (no flying, cross-realm, sharding, LFG, LFR, transmorph, etc).

I think this would be really cool. Like many people I miss the classic WoW playstyle but the downside is that I have already played vanilla WoW so there is not much new to experience or to explore. If we can get a new expansion based on classic WoW that would be perfect. That way we can explore new content with the playstyle we love.
    Uhm, no, wouldn't make much sense to divert from the path of 'Classic'. The next would be a tour of The Burning Crusade, not to create a new franchise with low-end development.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Classic servers are going to be like a museum, for lack of a better word.

Do you go to a museum to see some alternative history, or history as was ?

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

I have no intention of playing vanilla wow but if they did this for the burning crusade. I'd love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Uhm, no, wouldn't make much sense to divert from the path of 'Classic'. The next would be a tour of The Burning Crusade, not to create a new franchise with low-end development.
    If that low-end development turns enough of a profit that's incentive. The old runescape servers update as well not to sure about old school everquest though.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

I was thinking. If classic WoW becomes a success, will we also get a new classic WoW expansion later on? With a classic WoW expansion I don't mean TBC but a new expansion based on the classic WoW playstyle (no flying, cross-realm, sharding, LFG, LFR, transmorph, etc).

I think this would be really cool. Like many people I miss the classic WoW playstyle but the downside is that I have already played vanilla WoW so there is not much new to experience or to explore. If we can get a new expansion based on classic WoW that would be perfect. That way we can explore new content with the playstyle we love.

No. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Give them the finger, they'll take the whole arm.

They didn't want to manage two MMORPG's when one of said MMO's would've been entirely new, so why would they want to manage 2 MMO's where 1 is basically what they put out 13 years ago with added fluff on an alternate universe type deal so as to not clash with the canon Live game...?

Classic has been hailed to Hell and back as the ultimate iteration and pinnacle of game design for years. I trust that should be enough.

- - - Updated - - -

There hasn't been some objective removal of "magic" from the game, everyone's got their personal idea of when the game was at its best.

And no, they'll never be able to "recapture" the magic people felt on a subjective level, save from lobotomizing their entire playerbase so as to make them forget everything and play the game once more from the perspective of an entirely new player.
    If classic turns a profit and the independent team developing the game gets a monetary incentive to continue development why is that a bad thing? It just give me something else to do when live gets boring do to drought.

If cataclsym gets it own team and the numbers are there they can finally fix all the problems that held that expansion back. So, It doesn't bother me much.

Give them the finger, they'll take the whole arm.

They didn't want to manage two MMORPG's when one of said MMO's would've been entirely new, so why would they want to manage 2 MMO's where 1 is basically what they put out 13 years ago with added fluff on an alternate universe type deal so as to not clash with the canon Live game...?

Classic has been hailed to Hell and back as the ultimate iteration and pinnacle of game design for years. I trust that should be enough.
    You act like this is some kind of charity project. The reason they would want to do aditional kinds of vanilla style content, is that, IF vanilla is a success and IF a huge chunk of those players are also interested in new content (which I have to say is a big IF), they are in this weird situation, where people are happy to give them piles of cash for releasing paid dlcs for a ~15 year old game with crappy grafics. Thats like the dream, if you are a developer^^
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    If that low-end development turns enough of a profit that's incentive. The old runescape servers update as well not to sure about old school everquest though.
    No, I meant, as in, Classic should be meant to be a low-end development project. It by the sounds isn't meant to be a standalone franchise.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

What OP wants is what Jagex did with Old School Runescape and I feel safe in saying there is no chance in hell blizzard will do that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    But what if I like the vanilla style gameplay AND want new content?
    Then you are SOofL. The only way they could proceed is with an Alternate Universe. They would need to do a WoD. Is that what you fucking want? IS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

It won't happen. The game will have a surge of people and then 2 weeks later when they realize what a shit show it is will be dead.

Of course they could do this.

What would be important though, would be to not nullify the current characters effort.

No new level cap! No new catch up mechanics!

Example of how expansions should have been done:
    2 new raids AFTER NAXX.
    Add 3-4 more dungeons during leveling.
    Add 2 max level dungeons with gear that is NOT overpowered, but at the same level of stats as strat/scholo.
    Add class DK balanced around the Vanilla principals. Say DK in Vanilla is this DPS class with focus on debuffing auras, like a "support dps class".
    1 new Zone where one of the new raids is located, similar to Silitus. Make the server have to work to unlock a raid like we had to with Sunwell.

Does not have to be more complicated than that.

Then you are SOofL. The only way they could proceed is with an Alternate Universe. They would need to do a WoD. Is that what you fucking want? IS IT!
    Wow lore is full of alternate timelines (not universes). The vanilla trailer explains vanilla with Chromie gadgets. Story reboots are not really a problem.

WoDs attemp at this was terrible, because everything screamed filler about it. You knew that the next xpac would go back to the normal universe. Nothing you would do over there would matter. Vanilla servers wouldnt have that problem, because that new timeline would not be "retconned" one xpac later. You would just play your vanilla char, who meets npcs that matter and does stuff that matters, and your retail char, who rescues the universe from dimensional tentacle monsters and is just awesome and handsome and.....who also does stuff that matters just in a diffrent universe.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    We both know you're acting anti-intellectual on purpose.
    If you don't want snarky comments, avoid posting over-reactive statements in public forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Also, numbers don't lie. Wrath of the Lich King was the peak of WoW. That was the end of the story for a lot of people. It wrapped up the WC 3 storylines. All the stuff that came after was pretty much useless fluff to try to milk more out of the franchise. The subsequent steady bleeding of sub numbers have proved most of us saw that sooner than you did.
    Sargeras was always the end game, not Arthas. What they're doing now with the Void Lords is trying to create a new enemy that didn't really exist before.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-01-09 at 08:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    If you don't want snarky comments, avoid posting over-reactive statements in public forums.
    Your childish blathering only shows how much I'm in the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Your childish blathering only shows how much I'm in the right.
    Yes, Pull My Finger, I am the childish one and you are in the right because that's what we tell ourselves when we can no longer defend our own arguments :P I'm glad you're spending the time to publicly say this for everyone to see how right you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Yes, Pull My Finger, I am the childish one and you are in the right because that's what we tell ourselves when we can no longer defend our own arguments :P I'm glad you're spending the time to publicly say this for everyone to see how right you are.
    "Defend"? Your nonsense was dismissed almost immedately after you voiced it. And not even by me. I don't have to "defend" anything, as there was no argument to begin with. You never had a point, but only silly wishful thinking. In your head, you're phantasizing about Blizzard creating an alternate reality, which at the same time is a time treval scenario, and developing expansions of two versions of one game at the same time. And all that by diffuse, not quantifiable criteria that you believe you know, while fooling yourself in grand fashion. Which is incredibly silly and I'm fully sure that my initial point against it is completely over your head. It's because you're childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No, I meant, as in, Classic should be meant to be a low-end development project. It by the sounds isn't meant to be a standalone franchise.
    If blizzard makes enough money it's an option but I'd prefer pure classic for a few years than maybe adding unfinished content than updates a couple years after that.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-01-09 at 11:40 PM.

Maybe not full on expansions but I wouldn't be against adding the unreleased places like Uldum, Grim Batol, Hyjal etc. as extra dungeon/raid content eventually. Maybe they still have some design docs of those places from back in the day. Old Outland with Illidan as the last boss of Vanilla like they had planned early on, Vanilla Kara, Emerald Dream, all that good stuff. They could release new servers you can copy to that have the extra content and the original ones would be pure vanilla.