Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Is bursting the most hated affix?

Maybe it's just me, but during weeks where there is bursting affix, it's the hardest to find groups for mythic+. Especially for some dungeons where there are big packs of weak mobs that die quickly.

I hope next expansions tweaks it a bit. Maybe instead of stacking, each mob death should give a separate debuff that does not get refreshed.
    Last edited by Snorri; 2018-01-09 at 09:26 PM.

I think explosive is the worst for PUG groups, imo.

Especially Teeming/Explosive... >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but during weeks where there is bursting affix, it's the hardest to find groups for mythic+. Especially for some dungeons where there are big packs of weak mobs that die quickly.

I hope next expansions tweaks it a bit. Maybe instead of stacking, each death should give a separated debuff that does not get refreshed.
    Anything that forces people to slow down is a counter mechanic to the entire concept of M+ and should be entirely removed from the game on top of broadcasting a message to the entire company reminding them not to implement stupid shit made by the summer interns.

Imo necrotic is worse, but then I'm a tank

Deleted
    I especially love DHT with Bursting. "Oh, there are oozes? Well, it turns out I'm an affliction warlock, so why don't I put some dots on this one... and that... and also seed! Hey, guys, what are you doing on the ground, timer's ticking!".

As a Warrior, Skittish sucks mostly because I easily pull aggro off tanks with my very bursty DPS. In some dungeons Explosive can also be a pain in the ass.

As a healer I hate Bursting and Grievous, especially the latter because Shamans suck at spot healing.

As a tank I kinda go with the flow and nothing bothers me much in M+, used to hate Skittish until they nerfed it, now I mostly dislike Teeming because it fucks up my trash % routes all the time.

I hope next expansions tweaks it a bit. Maybe instead of stacking, each mob death should give a separate debuff that does not get refreshed.
    Explosive is my least favorite by a country mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    I especially love DHT with Bursting. "Oh, there are oozes? Well, it turns out I'm an affliction warlock, so why don't I put some dots on this one... and that... and also seed! Hey, guys, what are you doing on the ground, timer's ticking!".
    It's as close to a sure thing as you can get in WoW. If you run DHT with Bursting, your group WILL blow up the oozes all at once no matter how much you beg and plead beforehand.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Anything that forces people to slow down is a counter mechanic to the entire concept of M+ and should be entirely removed from the game on top of broadcasting a message to the entire company reminding them not to implement stupid shit made by the summer interns.
    Heaven forbid people actually have to overcome the challenge by using healing and damage reducing cds, time their pulls correctly, stagger kills on some packs or even - GASP! - look at their debuffs and not aoe whore on every single pack.

Hell, every mechanic should be removed, every M+ should be a wotlk-like aoe zergest, but with a timer. This is the true skill after all - to see who can press their aoe button the mostest.

Deleted
    Bursting really isn't that bad, you got full control over how many you pull/kill at any given time, there's no RNG to it. Explosive on the other hand is way worse, sometimes it's completely chill with only 1-2 spawns, and other times they decide to throw 5-6 at you every three seconds. >.<

The whole point to bursting is for dps to pay attention to what they kill and when, similar to bolstering, if they had separate debuffs it would be way too easy.

Personally Explosive or Necrotic are my most hated.

Bursting is disliked due to limiting the pull size. I've pulled groups for 15-20 stacks of bursting but it requires your group to be smart and either suicide/pop immunities to live thru. There are strats vs big packs for explosives, but I also dislike it especially when you run with classes that cannot stomp explosives easily/quickly.
    For me those are my top two hated affixes.
    I also don't like sanguine, even thou it is very easy to deal with. Sanguine + maw under the boat comes to mind when I think of this affix. Again, very easy affix but very annoying when it comes to tight corridors.

Deleted
    Explosive > Bursting > Skittish with melee > *

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    It's as close to a sure thing as you can get in WoW. If you run DHT with Bursting, your group WILL blow up the oozes all at once no matter how much you beg and plead beforehand.
    That's why I always bring Prydaz, pop both Sac and Resolve, throw a seed into them and let sweet sweet Soul Flame do the rest while feigning TOTAL INNOCENCE. Even after so many months this never fails to amuse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    I also don't like sanguine, even thou it is very easy to deal with. Sanguine + maw under the boat comes to mind when I think of this affix. Again, very easy affix but very annoying when it comes to tight corridors.
    Sanguine + those damn fire breathers in Black Rook Hold is a pain, if you lack death grip of knockbacks then the whole group must move out of sight before they bother stepping out of the pool. Some NPC's love to randomly leap into the pools as well, can be really annoying, but at least it doesn't wipe the group.

Bursting is easy. How difficult is it to 'hold dps'? Explosive, now there is one I hate.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean like trash and bosses, or having to run to the end of the dungeon to loot the chest? Oh man, who ever thought of those things should be fired. If they didn't put in those insane roadblocks we could just run M+ from the mobile app.

Bursting feels less painful now than it use to, not sure why. Explosive or Grievous would be my least favorite, depending if I'm healing or doing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Heaven forbid people actually have to overcome the challenge by using healing and damage reducing cds, time their pulls correctly, stagger kills on some packs or even - GASP! - look at their debuffs and not aoe whore on every single pack.

Hell, every mechanic should be removed, every M+ should be a wotlk-like aoe zergest, but with a timer. This is the true skill after all - to see who can press their aoe button the mostest.
    There are plenty of well designed affixes that doesn't force players to stop playing. Sorry you don't know a single thing about game design, maybe you should work for Blizzard you would fit in well there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Bursting is easy. How difficult is it to 'hold dps'? Explosive, now there is one I hate.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean like trash and bosses, or having to run to the end of the dungeon to loot the chest? Oh man, who ever thought of those things should be fired. If they didn't put in those insane roadblocks we could just run M+ from the mobile app.
    Feel free to read the above comment and also apply for Blizzard while you're at it.

I hate tyranical

I'm not very fond of it, myself, either though we did it with a group of older dps--probably the one time in WoW play where a group of older dps is better than the kids.

Deleted
    I took the week off from +'s because of bursting. It's an anti-fun affix. Even on 15's it's a pain.

As a melee this week in particular this week is the worst. (bursting, skittish, tyrannical)
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2018-01-09 at 09:59 PM.