Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why Lightforged Draenei instead of Lightforged Eredar?

Brothers and sisters, my lore knowledge might be limited, but what I know is that two groups of Eredar left Argus separately. How did both of them arrive at the same name for their race? Personally I would like to see as much distinction as possible from 'regular' Draenei.

Because no matter the name, they shouldn’t be an Allied Race.

Because models+animations already exist.

Im kinda pissed they gave the Lightforged the Horn design that Yrel has. I had wanted those for my current Draenei whos a death knight, so i cant even reroll the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Im kinda pissed they gave the Lightforged the Horn design that Yrel has. I had wanted those for my current Draenei whos a death knight, so i cant even reroll the race.
    You can change your horns in the barber shop, where you have access to hairstyles from other races; so it would make sense if you had access to the Lightforged horn morphology through it as well.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Draenei means "exiled ones"; the species' name is eredar.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

because draenei basically means exiles in eredun, the language of the eredar/draenei/man'ari.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    You can change your horns in the barber shop, where you have access to hairstyles from other races; so it would make sense if you had access to the Lightforged horn morphology through it as well.
    Only if blizzard would allow it. If that was the case then regular tauren would have access to highmountain horn styles as well.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Thorns View Post
    Brothers and sisters, my lore knowledge might be limited, but what I know is that two groups of Eredar left Argus separately. How did both of them arrive at the same name for their race? Personally I would like to see as much distinction as possible from 'regular' Draenei.
    Because the Lightforged were members of the Draenei group led by Velen.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Shaman here... and I cant reroll as well... and I dont know why, a Lightforged Dranei can be a Shadow priest but not shaman or monk.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Draenei means "exiled ones"; the species' name is eredar.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    because draenei basically means exiles in eredun, the language of the eredar/draenei/man'ari.
    Yes, but it is somewhat odd that two separate groups would call themselves 'exiled ones'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Because the Lightforged were members of the Draenei group led by Velen.
    Ah, brother, so the ones we are going to play are our Draenei undergoing lightforging? I thought we will play those who split from Xenedar.
    Or did they already call themselves 'draenei' while both groups were on Genedar? In this case they must have done it pretty soon after escaping Argus. This whole name changing I mean.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but it is somewhat odd that two separate groups would call themselves 'exiled ones'.

Ah, brother, so the ones we are going to play are our Draenei undergoing lightforging? I thought we will play those who split from Xenedar.
    Or did they already call themselves 'draenei' while both groups were on Genedar? In this case they must have done it pretty soon after escaping Argus. This whole name changing I mean.
    I'll try to make it even more clear:

1: Velen escapes Argus, renames him and his group Draenei
    2: A portion of these Draenei then later join Xe'ra and become Lightforged Draenei (because they already identified as Draenei, and not Eredar or Man'ari)
    3: Judging from the the datamined intro, the Lightforged player character is a regular Draenei who gets Lightforged during a trial of sorts

3: Judging from the the datamined intro, the Lightforged player character is a regular Draenei who gets Lightforged during a trial of sorts
    Nah man, the jokes and flirts make it clear that they're Lightforged who've been with Turalyon for a thousand years.

Deleted
    I'll try to make it even more clear:

1: Velen escapes Argus, renames him and his group Draenei
    2: A portion of these Draenei then later join Xe'ra and become Lightforged Draenei (because they already identified as Draenei, and not Eredar or Man'ari)
    Yes, it appears that Velen did not waste time and went for a quick name change. Maybe too quick. Personally, I would prefer them to call themselves 'Eredar' still. Unfavurable result.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackknife35 View Post
    Nah man, the jokes and flirts make it clear that they're Lightforged who've been with Turalyon for a thousand years.
    You haven't seen the datamined intro then. The LF character is a regular Draenei (living with the LF'ed on the Vindicar though). Apparently not all of the Army of Light Draenei were LF'ed, only a few handful.

They all left Argus on the Genedar with Xe'ra. Velen renames his people the draenei, or the exiles. The ship then somehow splits in half, into the Genedar and Xenedar. Some transfer to the Xenedar to join the Army of the Light, some remain on the Genedar and these are the playable draenei.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, they changed their name almost immediately to distance themselves from the now demonic eredar.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Better question should have been, why Lightforged instead of Krokul? Krokul would have been a real allied race, Lightforged should have been a cosmetic unlock for existing Draenei. Same goes for Highmountain, it should have been a cosmetic unlock for Tauren, while Drogbar would have been much better suited for an Allied Race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Better question should have been, why Lightforged instead of Krokul? Krokul would have been a real allied race, Lightforged should have been a cosmetic unlock for existing Draenei. Same goes for Highmountain, it should have been a cosmetic unlock for Tauren, while Drogbar would have been much better suited for an Allied Race.
    Because all the allied races are slightly-modified existing races. Easy money Blizz didn't even bother giving Nightborne their narrow eyes, so now they just look like blue night elves

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    i agree that krokul should be an allied race. but lightforging should offer some benefits beyond just being cosmetic, hence the need for different racials on them.

likewise, highmountain are all blessed by cenarius and separate from the rest of the tauren tribes for quite a long time(except for trag highmountain, strangely). they deserve different racials too.

Cause Blizzard does not want to put out work for some actual difference. They could have at least made even more of these skin swap "races" instead of the pathetic amount that they have now.
    Last edited by Arlon; 2018-01-09 at 11:45 PM.