Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What 'feature' are you most excited for brand-new players to experience?

Few that come to my mind:

-A fresh Rogue coming from retail going into stealth and discovering he actually moves slower...what!

-Hogger owning people in Elwynn

-Dungeon death run backs

I have my doubts about how many retail players will not quit before level 10.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Having to communicate with others to accoplish things.

- Huntards realising they actually need to carry ammo and food for pets

- People thinking they can chain pull a lot of mobs because of how invincible they were in retail

- Actually having to read quests to find out where you need to go

The original world. The streamlined Cata world was TOO clean. I liked getting weird travel log quests. I liked running into other people in the open world.

My wife never played wow and I can't wait to play Classic with her. It will be fun to do the slow slog to 60 with someone who will enjoy the experience but has no interest in end game content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post

-A fresh Rogue coming from retail going into stealth and discovering he actually moves slower...what!

-Dungeon death run backs

I think the biggest ''feature'' you people are the most excited for is seeing people complaining on trade chat and the forums on how vanilla is too hard, amirite?

LOL, brand new players. As if.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

- People thinking they can chain pull a lot of mobs because of how invincible they were in retail

I had been playing retail as a tank for a bit once and went back to a Vanilla server on a char I already had at around Deadmines level and went there as a tank. Ran in and pulled like 8 groups at once, immediately got kicked lol.

Also there's mods for Vanilla that show you where to go for quests or in-game guides with coords.

Old school alterac valley games that last half a day or longer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcarsenal View Post
    Old school alterac valley games that last half a day or longer.
    Old school AV is one of the core reasons I want to play classic again. I was exalted with that faction at level 53 or 54 (you could enter at 51), I was in love with that battleground.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People having to CC things and manage aggro

Spending 10 hours a week farming mats and gold for raiding.

Am more excited to see the excuses being made when the servers are up and "retailers" are steamrolling the world and instanced content, attacking it as seasoned WoW players of 2018 rather than new WoW players of 2004.

That goes for "others". For myself I'm excited about redoing the content at my own pace without the fear of server shutdown. Hope I'mma be OK as a Wrathbaby!!

And hope I'll make it first to a certain rare pet...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-01-09 at 11:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ammo and food are always brought up in regard to the difference between hunters of then and now, but I personally think those two things are the least of it for a hunter who has never played this game prior to, say, Wrath of the Lich King. Carrying food was really not a big deal; once your pet got to its highest level of happiness, you didn't need to feed it as often.
    No one ever talks about having to actually level your pets up, and having to tame other beasts to learn skills that you then taught your own pet. And that like the players' skills, pets' skills had ranks to be learned.
    Since the beginning of Cata, hunters are born with a pet in their stubby little fingers, so those players don't know about spending ten levels with a melee weapon, ostensibly learning about resource management and getting an idea of how to kite.
    People don't talk about the dead zone and how to use it to your advantage.
    Vanilla hunters and Legion hunters are almost unrecognizable IMO: two completely different classes that happen to share the names of some abilities. I prefer the vanilla version and I suspect that a lot of other people will too-- but I think a lot of others won't even get to Level 10!

Yes, that is going to be a big problem, as is threat management and impatience in dungeons. There will be forum whining about this.

At least one questhelper add-on will be available from Day One (Questie, according to its maintainer) but yeah, lots of people won't know about that and there will be more whining

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Old school AV is one of the core reasons I want to play classic again. I was exalted with that faction at level 53 or 54 (you could enter at 51), I was in love with that battleground.
    Yeah AV was the best thing about vanilla its pretty much the only reason id play vanilla too.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post

-Dungeon death run backs

It's funny, because number one and three really surprised me when I came back a few weeks ago. No speed decrease in stealth, and no run backs.

Deleted
    Classic becoming "retail" so the vanilla wanabees have to find new degradatory term to label current expansion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    LOL, brand new players. As if.
    LOL, my thought exactly. You seriously expect those still exist after 15 years? People who never played WoW before are simply not interested, and they definitely won't wait for classic to try it. Retail players might be new to classic, but I wouldn't call them new players either. They might try it, but I seriously doubt they will last even for 20 levels before going back to retail or a different game. As for me, even though I played WoW since the day it was released in Europe back in february 2005, I am not interested in going back to vanilla. The game changed too much (actually the whole genre changed too much!), and I moved on. I'm pretty happy with what I can accomplish in retail now. I guess I am not a nostalgic person.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Ammo and food are always brought up in regard to the difference between hunters of then and now, but I personally think those two things are the least of it for a hunter who has never played this game prior to, say, Wrath of the Lich King. Carrying food was really not a big deal; once your pet got to its highest level of happiness, you didn't need to feed it as often.
    No one ever talks about having to actually level your pets up, and having to tame other beasts to learn skills that you then taught your own pet. And that like the players' skills, pets' skills had ranks to be learned.
    Since the beginning of Cata, hunters are born with a pet in their stubby little fingers, so those players don't know about spending ten levels with a melee weapon, ostensibly learning about resource management and getting an idea of how to kite.
    People don't talk about the dead zone and how to use it to your advantage.
    Vanilla hunters and Legion hunters are almost unrecognizable IMO: two completely different classes that happen to share the names of some abilities. I prefer the vanilla version and I suspect that a lot of other people will too-- but I think a lot of others won't even get to Level 10! [...]
    Man, you make me proud of having mained a hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    I think the biggest ''feature'' you people are the most excited for is seeing people complaining on trade chat and the forums on how vanilla is too hard, amirite?
    Which luckily is limited to the city you're in so imma park my ass in Darnassus where no one ever comes